You all are angry @ the wrong man; instead? Try running Walsh out of town.

Since when has being thankful for Amare, Melo, the playoffs, this season for what it's worth, supporting an up & coming team, being patient for offseason upgrades & not being a coach hater considered to be a "homer"? It's called being a realistic fan, who doesn't expect results over night after a mid-season trade.

Have I ever said this team was great?Have I ever said we're winning a ring? No. How am I a "homer"? Oh yeah, thats right; I support the team & coach.

How is making it known that both Fields & Douglas lack NBA experience, NY has the largest 5 hole in the East, we'd become a much improved defensive & overall team with the addition of a true C during FA, the NCAA's leading rebounder in Faried would help a team such as NY who lacks rebounding ability, 60% of our starting 5 have only been here for less than 18 games + 0 returning starters from last, a full offseason of TC, practice(s), upgrades + an entire preseason would help MDA & NY next year etc, etc considered as "homerism"? Please explain NANCY.

smokes

Huge Member
Since when has being thankful for Amare, Melo, the playoffs, this season for what it's worth, supporting an up & coming team, being patient for offseason upgrades & not being a coach hater considered to be a "homer"? It's called being a realistic fan, who doesn't expect results over night after a mid-season trade.

Have I ever said this team was great?Have I ever said we're winning a ring? No. How am I a "homer"? Oh yeah, thats right; I support the team & coach.

How is making it known that both Fields & Douglas lack NBA experience, NY has the largest 5 hole in the East, we'd become a much improved defensive & overall team with the addition of a true C during FA, the NCAA's leading rebounder in Faried would help a team such as NY who lacks rebounding ability, 60% of our starting 5 have only been here for less than 18 games + 0 returning starters from last, a full offseason of TC, practice(s), upgrades + an entire preseason would help MDA & NY next year etc, etc considered as "homerism"? Please explain NANCY.

Stating the obvious doesn't make you a homer, defending any and every attack on D'antoni does.

Trust me you've only been on these forums for a couple of weeks, we have been having this pro/against MDA debate for almost 3 years now, you are not the first nor last to be called a homer :p

But honestly, how anyone can still be fighting MDA's corner is beyond me... Even the TV announcers and analysts who are supposed to be professional regarding coaches who are in danger of losing their jobs are saying everything people on this forum are saying, on air.

Stop expecting a serious playoff contender & chip over night from a coach when A) This is our 1st playoff run in 6 years & B) This franchise has not won a ring since 72.

Who's the "unrealistic homer" now?

As a realistic fan? I not only know but also understand exactly what it takes to BUILD a serious contender: TIME.

Way before "MDA", we've been the NBA's laughing stock for 10+ years thnx to the cap hell Thomas era with no hope for a better future. Not one true superstar since the days of #33.

Then the 2010-2011 season came around...

- Drafted the steal of the NBA draft during the 2nd round in Fields.

- TD is starting to perform like a top 5 steal of last years draft.

- An experienced championship leader in Billups @ point.

- #2 ranked scoring offense.

- On the verge of making the playoffs for the first time since 04.

- Signed Amare Stoudemire & traded for Carmelo Anthony. Two of the NBA's top 10 Stars.

I'm sorry if none of that has been GOOD ENOUGH for your enjoyment of our turn around season.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Stop expecting a serious playoff contender & chip over night from a coach when A) This is our 1st playoff run in 6 years & B) This franchise has not won a ring since 72.

Who's the "unrealistic homer" now?

As a realistic fan? I not only know but also understand exactly what it takes to BUILD a serious contender: TIME.

Way before "MDA", we've been the NBA's laughing stock for 10+ years thnx to the cap hell Thomas era with no hope for a better future. Not one true superstar since the days of #33.

Then the 2010-2011 season came around...

- Drafted the steal of the NBA draft during the 2nd round in Fields.

- TD is starting to perform like a top 5 steal of last years draft.

- An experienced championship leader in Billups @ point.

- #2 ranked scoring offense.

- On the verge of making the playoffs for the first time since 04.

- Signed Amare Stoudemire & traded for Carmelo Anthony. Two of the NBA's top 10 Stars.

I'm sorry if none of that has been GOOD ENOUGH for your enjoyment of our turn around season.

MDA is getting fired after this season. Better get used to that idea.

I could care less what MSG announcers have to say. I heard ESPN, the TB announcers & fans SLAM Maddon 24/7 up until 08!

I lived through the struggles of the Devil Rays & later the hard times of Joe Maddon with the D-Rays for a couple of seasons before TB turned it around in 08. Thats when Joe Maddon, Andrew & Hank added PIECES such as Pena @ 1st, Aki @ 2nd, Bartlett @ Short, Longoria @ 3rd, Navarro behind the plate & most importantly? We added starting pitching in Garza & Shields to try & help Kazmir. David Price came later.

I know what happens when you give a good coach a CHANCE to improve the team come the offseason. Just because people said Joe would never lead TB out of the East doesn't mean it was true. PS: Maddon & the Rays were in a horrid situation. MDA only needs a C + bench depth to CONTEND next season & I'm giving him that chance as a fan. Sorry, but I am.

I seen sweet Lou & fans quit on us because we couldn't win. I respect the hell out of MDA for coming here knowing we couln't for 3-4 years.

Hey Musk...

I just book marked this page of the thread & no matter what happens I'll be sure to bump it after the offseason.

I say he DESERVES a chance to upgrade a playoff team into a serious contender during the offseason, especially after being THE coach who took the job with Walsh while BOTH KNOWING we had NO CHANCE to ever compete as serious contenders until their 4th year come the offseason of 2012, as well as also being THE coach who coaches us to our 1st turn around season since 04.

Hate to break the breaking news to you, but the former team wasn't winning a ring this year either.

You say he'll be fired during the offseason & doesn't deserve a chance next year.

If MDA is back? It proves I was right, you were wrong, & this franchise believed he deserves the chance to coach a much improved roster & team.

If he gets "fired" it proves you were right & another coach deserved the chance to coach a hand given championship contending team.

Only time will tell but until then? I'll agree to disagree.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Hey Musk...

I just book marked this page of the thread & no matter what happens I'll be sure to bump it after the offseason.

I say he DESERVES a chance to upgrade a playoff team into a serious contender during the offseason, especially after being THE coach who took the job with Walsh while BOTH KNOWING we had NO CHANCE to ever compete as serious contenders until their 4th year come the offseason of 2012, as well as also being THE coach who coaches us to our 1st turn around season since 04.

Hate to break the breaking news to you, but the former team wasn't winning a ring this year either.

You say he'll be fired during the offseason & doesn't deserve a chance next year.

If MDA is back? It proves I was right, you were wrong, & this franchise believed he deserves the chance to coach a much improved roster & team.

If he gets "fired" it proves you were right & another coach deserved the chance to coach a hand given championship contending team.

Only time will tell but until then? I'll agree to disagree.

Def bookmark. Regardless if he is fired or not it doesn't prove either of us right. If he does get fired and we win a chip next year, you're just going to say: "MDA could have done that too."

If he doesn't get fired, I will be wrong that he wasn't fired after the season, but we still won't play D, and still won't win a chip. I wouldn't be wrong on that point. But, yes, this guy is already on the way out. You can here the peanut gallery buzzing already.

Edit: I should also note that I am not saying they are def winning a ring next year with a different coach. They will stand a better chance, for sure, though. I said that to help exemplify (in an extreme manner) my point that you will always make excuses.

Last edited:
I also don't understand how or why fans are screaming to fire MDA for "JVG". The man is the most overrared NY coach I've ever seen.

JVG won't have Ewing/ Camby/Herb @ the C position. He won't have the amazing defense of Sprewell @ the SF position. He won't have tough as nails types of grinders @ the PF position in LJ & Kurt Thomas & he will not turn this Knicks team into a "top 10" defense.

Yeah, he got lucky & took an 8th seed team to the Finals because of LJ's 4 point play only to get crushed during the Finals. Good job.

Still doesn't change the fact that JVG could only coach a STACKED roster to an 8th seed & only 4 games above .500 type of team, in an extremely weak eastern conf.

lol you suck JFG; stay in the booth where you belong.

JVG was a PRODUCT of a great team & still couldn't coach them to anything more than an 8th seed! Even DUDLEY was a much better defensive C than Mozgov/Turiaf/JJ.

Ewing, Camby, LJ, Kurt, Sprewell, Houston, Childs, Ward, Herb. You sucked JVG. Thank Houston & LJ lol.

Ewing, LJ, Spree, Houston, Ward, Childs, Camby, Kurt.

vs

Mozgov, Amare, Gallo, Fields, Felton, Chandler, TD, Turiaf.

The ONLY advantage MDA's team had over that loaded JVG team is @ the PF position with Amare. LJ was a beast in his own right though.

You cant even compare a younger-much more athletic Camby to Chandler off the bench either. Camby would have DOMINATED Chandler.

Sprewell KILLS Gallo all night long!

Houston takes the Rook Fields back to school & treats him like a rook!

The aging #33 would have STILL sent that RUS project, who only averaged 2 & 3 per BACK to Russia where he belongs.

Turi is a high energy guy; but he cant compete with K.Thomas who always came through for NY!

Ward & Childs vs Felton & Douglas is a close one. It's a wash.

There is NO question which coach had the much greater Knicks team. MDA had that team in 6th place & 2 games above .500 & @ times during the year 6 & 7 games above .500.

JVG would have fell FLAT on his face with MDA's team like he almost did in 99...

NY17

Benchwarmer
I also don't understand how or why fans are screaming to fire MDA for "JVG". The man is the most overrared NY coach I've ever seen.

JVG won't have Ewing/ Camby/Herb @ the C position. He won't have the amazing defense of Sprewell @ the SF position. He won't have tough as nails types of grinders @ the PF position in LJ & Kurt Thomas & he will not turn this Knicks team into a "top 10" defense.

Yeah, he got lucky & took an 8th seed team to the Finals because of LJ's 4 point play only to get crushed during the Finals. Good job.

Still doesn't change the fact that JVG could only coach a STACKED roster to an 8th seed & only 4 games above .500 type of team, in an extremely weak eastern conf.

lol you suck JFG; stay in the booth where you belong.

JVG was a PRODUCT of a great team & still couldn't coach them to anything more than an 8th seed! Even DUDLEY was a much better defensive C than Mozgov/Turiaf/JJ.

Ewing, Camby, LJ, Kurt, Sprewell, Houston, Childs, Ward, Herb. You sucked JVG. Thank Houston & LJ lol.

So the players made JVG, yet you want to "give MDA a chance with a good center"?

Which way does it go, MDA?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The level of stupidity is at an all time high in this thread!! The only person with any common sense is KnicksFanFromQueens1985!
MDA is NOT getting fired after this season since the team is still a work in progress. I can not believe that MDA is being judged on his body of work with NY so far since he spent 3 years coaching a team that was dumping salaries and tanking seasons just to free up cap space. If you dug up and reanimated Red Holzman he couldn't have done a better job than what MDA has done. Every year that MDA had coached there has been a major trade that impacted the team. You have Jarred Jeffries as your starting center for God sakes!!!!! You guys need to see this for what it is... A total rebuild!!!! You got your 2 stars and now it is time to get a rebounding big man to flank STAT and a 1 that can QB.... This team is still a year maybe 2 away from reaching it's potential.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Oh and by the way, JVG QUIT on this franchise when the roster wasn't that great and the team was declining.... Instead of sticking with NY and being part of the rebuild he WALKED AWAY!!!! That's what JVG does... When the going gets tough, he takes a hike...

+1 some fans...

A) have no heart.

B) Expect a championship or serious contending team over night.

C) have no idea what it takes to support a rebuilding franchise.

D) Wouldn't spot an up & coming team even if it were staring them dead in the face.

E) Quits on the team like the Sweet Lou & Jeff Van Gundy's of the world while wishing the team would "miss the playoffs" to justify their hatred for the coach.

Etc etc

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
+1 some fans...

A) have no heart.

B) Expect a championship or serious contending team over night.

C) have no idea what it takes to support a rebuilding franchise.

D) Wouldn't spot an up & coming team even if it were staring them dead in the face.

E) Quits on the team like the Sweet Lou & Jeff Van Gundy's of the world while wishing the team would "miss the playoffs" to justify their hatred for the coach.

Etc etc

Correct me if I am mistaken: you just joined this month and already have 640 posts?!

& were 0-4 before that prediction lol.

The previous team (after a full offseason) never lost 6 in a row & I cant remember the last time we were 3 games below .500. All the proof in the world that these struggles aren't only the coaches fault but proof that this team lacks team chemistry & in dire need of an offseason of 35+ practice(s), a full training camp + an entire preseason to gain team chemistry, focus on & pracitce the x's & o's aspect's of the game & overall... Improve as a team. Thats what the offseason in sports has always & will always be meant for; to improve as a team while getting ready for the regular season. Something you know nothing about "fan".