You all are angry @ the wrong man; instead? Try running Walsh out of town.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Yeah & I post in the gameday threads like crazy. At least 25 posts per gameday thread which takes 3 seconds per post. (other than maybe tonight) do the math.

I just checked the last 5 game threads. You have averaged 9.8 posts per game thread in that span. Good try though. (11, 13, 5, 10, 10)

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
& were 0-4 before that prediction lol.

The previous team (after a full offseason) never lost 6 in a row & I cant remember the last time we were 3 games below .500. All the proof in the world that these struggles aren't only the coaches fault but proof that this team lacks team chemistry & in dire need of an offseason of 35+ practice(s), a full training camp + an entire preseason to gain team chemistry, focus on & pracitce the x's & o's aspect's of the game & overall... Improve as a team. Thats what the offseason in sports has always & will always be meant for; to improve as a team while getting ready for the regular season. Something you know nothing about "fan".

I think players that are making millions should have a pretty decent grasp of the game. And the coach has enough experience so he should be able to motivate his team.

Lets not talk about money with coaches compared to players lmao. Fail.

Melo & Amare both make damn near 20M per season. Billups is due like 15M next year. Over 50M combined.

MDA gets 6M @ the most per.

PROOF that the players are more important to the team than the "coach".

Wake me up when Jeter gets fired before Joe who led the Yankees to ring after ring.

Wake me up when fans are trying to replace Melo & Amare with a "great coach".

You really do lack any type of insight when talkong sports. Or at least have as of late.

NY17

Benchwarmer

Melo & Amare both make damn near 20M per season. Billups is due like 15M next year. Over 50M combined.

Wake me up when Jeter gets fired before Joe who led the Yankees to ring after ring.

You really do lack any type of insight when talkong sports. Or at least have as of late.

Is this a real post? Is this real life?

HarshMello

Benchwarmer

You seem to have a very condescending POV toward any poster that disagrees with you. Verging on personal attacks.

And if you read the other threads posted today- basically everyone here disagrees with you.

I guess everyone else is delusional while only you can see the 'true light'. Must be great being you.

Seek help.

http://www.safetampabay.org/resourceguide/communityservresources.html

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Some fans need to realize that having higher expectations for this current team under the current circumstances doesn't mean people are expecting championships.

Hell if I remember correctly, my personal expectations were a lot more realistic than most, expecting the team to finish about 4-5 games over .500 and give a team a serious fight in the 1st round, with possibly winning the 1st round series at the most.

There were fans saying we have a great shot at going to the ECFs and maybe even winning it if things go our way, but now that the team has struggled mightly as of late fans with my point of view on MDA are expecting too much when in reality the pro-MDA camp (KFFQ1985 for example) had expectations that were A LOT more "unrealistic" than say my expectations a couple games after the trade.

Just because a fan expects a little more out of the current coach and team doesn't mean we are expecting a title run (like some were a couple weeks ago lol) and that we don't realize that this team is gelling and getting use to playing with each other.

TheNYdude

Rookie
Some fans need to realize that having higher expectations for this current team under the current circumstances doesn't mean people are expecting championships.

Hell if I remember correctly, my personal expectations were a lot more realistic than most, expecting the team to finish about 4-5 games over .500 and give a team a serious fight in the 1st round, with possibly winning the 1st round series at the most.

There were fans saying we have a great shot at going to the ECFs and maybe even winning it if things go our way, but now that the team has struggled mightly as of late fans with my point of view on MDA are expecting too much when in reality the pro-MDA camp (KFFQ1985 for example) had expectations that were A LOT more "unrealistic" than say my expectations a couple games after the trade.

Just because a fan expects a little more out of the current coach and team doesn't mean we are expecting a title run (like some were a couple weeks ago lol) and that we don't realize that this team is gelling and getting use to playing with each other.

Just to clarify, my expectations are not bound to our record.... its bound to our play. Those should somewhat go hand in hand, but if not, so be it. In other words, my expectations are that we play our asses off til the last minute of the game. We play defense all game. We stay composed all game. We may lose one or two even if all the above or met... not every time we are in that situation.

We have the talent to be a very good team. We are a Work-in-progess in terms of meshing and knowing each other. However, our lack of defense and discpline is inexcusable. Our lack of focus on the defensive side of the ball is inexcusable. This ALL falls on D'Antoni. Our players are a strong reflection of the man in charge. He does not emphasize or stress effort on defense, he completely disregards it and only focuses on outscoring the opponent.

Given his track record, this is not going to change anytime soon. EVEN if we are completely in alignment next year on offense, we still will not go deep in playoffs if we continue this defensive nature.

Want proof, use your Suns as the example. One of the best offenses, not great defensively, never won a chip.

Look at the NFL... who usually wins superbowl? Defensive teams. Who won the World Series this year? a defensive baseball team.

Offensive teams will get shutdown against good teams on many occasions. Once the offense is shutdown and we are not putting up numbers... you need to fall back on defense. If our offense is not meshing or having an off night, we have NOTHING to fall back on.

Needs to change now, regarldless of our personnel.

I'm so glad I supported this coach & believed in this team when no one else could or would.

I predicted a 10 game streak & we've gone 6-2 since then; during a time where no one else (that posted in here) could look @ the big picture or believe in this team.

MusketeerX: MDA can't figure out how to get Melo & Amare to coexist. MDA owes his success to Nash & no one else.

Red: Fire D'Antoni.

Real NY Baller: Under .500 is relevant? I see no inspiration in the players or coaching staff.

Knuckles: It's been 2+ years, no adjustments, same style of losing.

MoneyG: Fire this prick asap.

RealNYBaller: Just imagine how much better TD23 would be under another coach. MDA's days are numbered. He can't adjust to his players.

NYK17: This guy is delusional.

Smokes: But honestly, how can anyone still be fighting in MDA's corner is beyond me.

------

I looked at our up coming schedule, I looked @ our roster talent, & I knew we were about to turn the corner once CB4 got right & we gained more team chemistry under MDA.

MDA & NY has proven most of these coach haters wrong. I'm proud I was around to stick up for our coach during times where not many would.

Musketeer said MDA can't figure out how to get Melo & Amare to coexist & his success is owed to Nash.

Wrong. Melo is playing great & Amare is playing to win. "Steve Nash"? Thats a funny one.

Red, MoneyG & Real NY Baller said Fire D'Antoni, Fire this prick & His days are numbered.

Way to support the coach that's coaching our team to the playoffs for the 1st time in 7 years. His days aren't numbered either; we're 3 games above .500 & our players are playing hard under MDA.

Real NY Baller made it known that we "weren't relevant" because we were below .500.

Wrong. We've BEEN relevant since day one of 2010-2011 for the first time in over 10 years. 3 games above .500 but it was funny to watch you jump ship.

Knuckles said 2+ years of "no adjustments". Wrong.

Smokes, you still wanna question how anyone can still fight under MDA's corner? I know a good coach when I see 1.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
2 things,

1) I don't know why you keep putting a "K" on my screen name, I know that's how the word is spelled....but that's not my name dude.

2) Ok, I'll amend my statement to 2+ years of no adjustments until Melo forced adjustments by breaking the offense and taking the ball to the elbow. It happened in his debut game, and then it started happening with some regularity later on and players were standing around looking lost because....well it wasn't the offense they had installed. Which means that wasn't an adjustment by MDA, it was Melo just playing his game and making everyone else adjust to him...and it's working. Lately there have been some adjustments to incorporate what Melo is good at, into the offense, but that only came after Melo decidedly broke the installed offense on occasion.

Amar'e has been here all season, Amar'e has been defensively challenged all season, Melo got here and was the first superstar to show that he gives a shit on the defensive end and has played like it, Amar'e is still defensively challenged (I'm not talking about being a great post defender, I'm talking not boxing out, not going straight up to contest, and inexplicably sidestepping to let drivers and cutters attack the cup)....so where's the accountability from MDA? Coach Popovich holds everyone accountable, from Duncan to Neal, so if Manu shows some effort on the defensive end but Duncan or Parker doesn't...it's not enough, he gets on them, and they deliver. Melo has been giving the effort and delivering....how come I saw Phil Weber in STAT's face and not MDA?

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be a great defensive player to play good defense. Good defense is a team effort...hands up, see your man and see the ball, use your feet to stay with someone, lead your man to the help, create tougher passing angles/lanes with your hands, create tougher driving angles (which ties into leading your man to the help), those are all technical things that every single player in the league can accomplish at a high level...if it's being taught and stressed. Would that cultivate a top-10 defense? Probably not, but would it create a sound defensive team that can consistently get stops? You ****ing bet it would.

It's like teaching a young kid to shoot. You stress to him/her to keep their shooting elbow inward. Everytime they don't...you remind them and stress it, you coach them up. If you have to stop the shooting drills to show them what they're doing wrong....you do it. That has nothing to do with talent, so I don't want to hear that we don't have talented defenders...who are apparently incapable of learning and focusing? Cause that would have to be the excuse.

I look at all of the fundamental things on the defensive end that the 2008-09 Knicks didn't show, I look at all of the same deficiencies shown in 2009-10, and then the same problems the team has had this season, and the only constant is MDA...I look at how the team was still losing leads and subsequently games when they had a lead in the 4th quarter because there was no in game adjustment to the opposing team and shot clock when playing with a lead late, this happened in 2008, 2009, 2010, and the first few months of 2011, always in the same fashion....and the only constant in all of these scenarios is MDA, so I don't know how I was wrong about the 2+ years of no adjustments...but....ok?

None of this is my opinion, these are things that happened. It's not my opinion that the team was horrid defensively at a fundamental level while under MDA...it just was. It's not my opinion that the Knicks would take leads into the 4th Q and play the game as if they were trailing in the 2nd...that's what happened. It's not my opinion that these trends were present from October 2008 until March 2011....they just were. Things seem to be changing slightly with Melo and Billups here and plenty of people said they would. Those who support MDA to the very end saw the changes as a bad thing, and those who don't, said the team would be better for it going forward.

So for 2+ years were there no adjustments? Yes. Are there adjustments now after Melo? Yes. Is 2008 to 2009 a year? Yup. How about 2009 to 2010? Uh huh. October of 2010 to March of 2011 is about what 4-5 months give or take? Yezzir. Does that constitute the use of the "+" symbol to symbolize those 5 months? Mmhmm. So since October of 2008, MDA didn't make any adjustments to his offense, instead he had to acquire guys that fit the system...but once Melo is acquired in Feb. of 2011...adjustments are subsequently made...and I was wrong somehow?

Dude...

You still refuse to give MDA credit lol coach hatred @ it's finest Nuckles.

Melo didn't "change" the offense. He improved it. The Suns always ranked top 3 in scoring offense. The Knicks ranked #1 in scoring offense this year. Melo improved it because thats what great players do. Without MJ & Pippen Phil had no triangle. MDA did adjust. We still run a lot of SSOL, but MDA seen we have an older Billups & started to run a lot more half court. Like a great coach would do. MDA has always maximized his teams offensive ability, & thats what he's doing with Melo & Billups. Melo is playing as great as he's EVER played & even shooting over 40% from 3; something he never did under Karl. MDAms offensive system has improved Melo's game & Melo has improved our team. You speak with blind hatred. D'Antoni is a top 3 offensive coach. Almost genius. Thats what great coaches do; they adjust to compete & win. Both Felton & Chandler had career years under MDA too.

Also, now your starting to sound really foolish. Your making it out to seem that players don't give 100% effort under MDA, when they do; all because Amare isn't a good defenser. Don't sit here & tell me Amare doesn't try with energy & effort when he does. He wouldn't led the Knicks in rebounds & rank top 10 in shots blocked in he "didn't try" & he's also playing along-side the NBA's weakest 5 hole. Give Amare a productive Center such as DeAndre, Nene, Gasol or Chandler & Amare improves his defensive production.

MDA developed Amare since Amare came straight out of High School. NY signed Amare to a 100M dollar deal because of his offensive talents & production under MDA himself. Wanna act like players don't give effort under MDA? More hatred from you. Felton, CB4, TD23, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Melo, Turiaf, Mozgov, JJ, Shelden & now Walker, Shawne & Brown have ALL gave defensive effort this year. Some of them may be bad defenders, but they've ALL gave defensive effort under MDA. Don't lie & say they haven't.

Last but not least.... Stop judging MDA on his "two years with NY" & talking about what they "didn't show" or "deficiencis show" lmao @ you now! Have you now watches the Knicks over the past 10 years? Stop sounding like a Knuckle-Head man.

Not one coach in the NBA would have HAD A CHANCE to win with those Knick teams during the past two years. Not once NBA coach could have had them doing so much as COMPETING! Your blind hatred for the coach is laughable to say the least Nuckles.

Stop "acting" as if MDA were "the reason" why the Knicks defense was horrible during those two years. The Knicks were a laughing stock franchise has been a laughing stock franchine in cap hell for 9-10 years. Got swept during the 1st round by NJ 7 years ago. Tell me when the Knicks had a top 15, let alone top 10 defense before MDA came to town. Exactly. MDA & Walsh both accepted the job knowing we lacked both offensive & defensive talent, serious cap hell, rebuilding mode with NO CHANCE in hell to compete for two full seasons. Sad..

enough rherotic from KKFQ1985

After reading this post its entirety I'm waiting for KFFQ1985 to actually coherently respond to points made by each poster not general opinion based off topic banter but an actual critique of what your watching from games that the knicks actually play

its makes you wonder if you are actually watching the game in its entirety or just just the offensive side of the ball ...

as shown here on this forum knicks fans want the best for this team i feel like many will agree we are not just going to blindly follow any coach if basic principles or not being instilled as evidenced in game play offensive or defensive (since you hate on JVG so much but for historical purposes he is the only coach since the merger to take and 8th seeded team to NBA finals BTW) when you watch the same mistakes made repeadlty and you know in you mind and heart it dosent look right and all your ask for is to adjust that and the coach wont/or dose not know how to what does that tell you KFFQ?

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Tell me what has MDA proven about his coaching abilities during his time with new york all three years, because we all know your going to go off on a tangent so please try to stay on topic and actually counterpoint and not only talk about this year only i want a synopsis of all three years.... that leaves me begging for more? that leaves you begging for more?

:agreed:And to nuckles +1 sir many of your points or valid and i agree with most i was stationed in Tucson Arizona and actually caught a game when my base was giving away tickets to the PHX game so i can see the knicks in person and let me tell you it was nothing to right home about it just looked like PHX east Vs PHX west to me i felt the only play in the book was the 3 ball lost the game anyway

I'll tell you exactly what he's done since 08.

He lost for two full years... just for a CHANCE to win this season & seriously compete for a chip next year. Thats what he's done.

Both MDA & Wash accepted Dolan's offer not only knowing but also understanding they never had a chance in hell to have or enjoy any type of success during their first two years. It's called & considered REBUILDING MODE.

Thomas left MDA with SERIOUS CAP HELL, no funds to upgrade our roster, expiring contracts, an extreme lack of talent/depth as well as aging players. We were the WORST RAN FRANCHISE & the LAUGHING STOCK of the league when MDA ACCEPTED & took that REBUILDING CHALLENGE; when no other good coach had the HEART to do the same.

MDA has been FORCED to scrap & turn over entire rosters, lineups & teams left in CAP HELL. He's been forced to not only play; but also start MORE PLAYERS than any other coach since 08.

Won with the pre-trade team. Winning with this one. Coached us to the playoffs for the 1st time in seven years.

<table style="width: 507px; height: 64px;" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr title="Post 173649" valign="top"><td class="alt2">
</td></tr><tr title="Post 173649" valign="top"></tr><tr title="Post 173649" valign="top"><td class="alt1" width="125" align="center">
</td><td class="alt2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Both MDA & Wash accepted Dolan's offer not only knowing but also understanding they never had a chance in hell to have or enjoy any type of success during their first two years. It's called & considered REBUILDING MODE.
Thomas left MDA with SERIOUS CAP HELL, no funds to upgrade our roster, expiring contracts, an extreme lack of talent/depth as well as aging players. We were the WORST RAN FRANCHISE & the LAUGHING STOCK of the league when MDA ACCEPTED & took that REBUILDING CHALLENGE; when no other good coach had the HEART to do the same.

well i would have to agree with your first point that beginning in 2008 Donnie Walsh was responsible For clearing bloated contracts of Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, Jared Jefferies (first time around) Jerome James, Eddy Curry Starbury, Malik Rose, and aquiring expiring of cuttino mobley, tim thomas, T-mac Al Harrington to shave off salary because Isiah put the franchise in Cap hell

Its also correct to say your not going to get a roster to mesh when every player knows they will not be resigned the following year you are correct in saying that; however MDA wasnt the only one vieying for the job and most thought at the time that Mark Jackson would be the predecessor to Isiash the gm/coach at the time. As pointed out by a previous poster MDA was picked because it was thought that because he worked on the redeem team that he would have the inside track to most superstars in the league; and we could rebuild faster through free agency instead of the draft most knick fans knew about his playing style and ethics from his PHX days and felt his style didn't fit this team then didn't want him then and still don't now

MDA has been FORCED to scrap & turn over entire rosters, lineups & teams left in CAP HELL. He's been forced to not only play; but also start MORE PLAYERS than any other coach since 08.

Now you and I both know that this is completely false MDa keeps a strict 8-9 man rotation If yonsu donter game have any offensive cappability you dont play clear as day how many times has Walsh put Centers on this roster and MDA gave them meaningful mins per game? Lets be realistic here

When your Hero comes out and states himself that "To be honest, defense is all we're concentrating on," D'Antoni exhaled, forcing his bottom lip and eyes to bulge. "Offense comes easy. But defensively, it's what we're really concentrating on. And again, with younger guys and guys that are more comfortable with offense than defense, we do play small. We spread the floor. We play a smaller team, a faster team, because we believe we'll put up a lot of points and it gives us the best chance to win. Obviously, sometimes we pay a price for that." http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=6291746

Even he is starting to recognize that his philosophy is flawed

KKFQ1985 when you see play such as this
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IJlmTU1IikQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZAZf2gfuPkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Eg9ZWkIJ8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Ju-TcKtyVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It really makes your wonder KFFQ do you see life with the glass half empty or half full? I refuse to blindly follow someone when I know its not right when i Knew since day number one he was not the right coach for the job so get over yourself

Time will tell when the playoffs begin because if this same intensity is displayed as shown above then kiss your beloved coach goodbye and he knows it or he wouldnt of come out and said it himself:machinegun:

NY17

Benchwarmer
I'm so glad I supported this coach & believed in this team when no one else could or would.

I predicted a 10 game streak & we've gone 6-2 since then; during a time where no one else (that posted in here) could look @ the big picture or believe in this team.

MusketeerX: MDA can't figure out how to get Melo & Amare to coexist. MDA owes his success to Nash & no one else.

Red: Fire D'Antoni.

Real NY Baller: Under .500 is relevant? I see no inspiration in the players or coaching staff.

Knuckles: It's been 2+ years, no adjustments, same style of losing.

MoneyG: Fire this prick asap.

RealNYBaller: Just imagine how much better TD23 would be under another coach. MDA's days are numbered. He can't adjust to his players.

NYK17: This guy is delusional.

Smokes: But honestly, how can anyone still be fighting in MDA's corner is beyond me.

------

I looked at our up coming schedule, I looked @ our roster talent, & I knew we were about to turn the corner once CB4 got right & we gained more team chemistry under MDA.

You are bragging about predicting a 10 game win streak and being 6-2 8 games into it? Cool man, today I won the lottery. (I only missed 2 numbers)
2 things,

1) I don't know why you keep putting a "K" on my screen name,

He's doing the same thing to me, he's just not very smart. also...didn't Rady tell you to stop posting multiple posts consecutively?

Ummm; that wasn't the first time MDA made it known that defense was the reason why PHX never won a ring. Has nothing to do with "pressure" & has everything to do with him improving as an NBA coach. It's a credit to MDA that he understands his teams have to improve on defense, thats not a knock; thats trying to improve for the better of the franchise. He's not in denial. We're still rebuilding, this is't MDA's finished product.

Funny how you pick & chose what you quoted. You "forgot" to mention how he had to MAX his O's full potential, talent & ability in PHX. Thats why the D took a hit. You also forgot to quote how he mentioned Joe Johnsons face getting busted open (plates) or the fact that he talked about Amare getting suspended...

Mike HAS started & played more players over the past 3 years than ANY OTHER coach in the NBA; fact.

MDA never became coach because of his "USA days". Dolan wanted him because his .650 win %, elite offensive coach & 4 consecutive playoff apperances with 54+ W's (two with 60+).

Lets not blow smoke & believe you own lies. Post a quote of Walsh OR Dolan saying that "MDA was picked because he worked on the redeem team & had the inside track to most stars in the league".

That's false & has never been stated. Everyone knows Walsh selected MDA because of his proven track with PHX as a winning coach. Ewing never won a ring; but he's still a winner. Also, the only reason why MDA was on the redeem team staff is because of, once again; his proven track record as a winning coach. Thats what 4 consecutive trips to the playoffs with 54+ wins inside of an extremely tough Western Conf gets you... Respect around the league from other coaches, players, GM's & owners.

Also, MDA isn't my "hero". My grandmother who had battles with cancer & later past away is my hero. Lets not talk about life hero's bro.

I support our coach that A) Took this job to rebuild a horrid franchise. B) Landed us two elite stars with the help of Walsh & C) Led & coached us to the playoffs for the first since 2004 (7 years).

it is one thing to show opinion and i commend you for sticking to your guns but when you blur the lines and try to make your your opinions facts people stop listening to you

In every single post people have shown proof backing their statements yet you steadily come up with the same regurgitated answers

It really dosent matter how many time people show you truth your just one of those people that live in a fantasy world but please stop polluting these forums without factucal based evidience if your going to say soemthing at least back it up

U sate Dolan wanted him? Really when its been proven that he was hired because of his USA days and supposed connection with other NBA superstars. He wasnt the only coach interviewed by WALSH

As stated by previous posters Mike has had previous opportunities to instill defensive concepts while in PHX to get over the hump and make it to the Finals. Gm Steve Kerr wanted him to fire his brother and hire a defensive coach, something he knows nothing about, Dantoni was not about to fire his brother so he chose to walk away instead

This is NEW YORK! He knows the pressure is on every day he knows that is coaching capabilities are under a microscope everyday, so you think he just woke up and had and epiphany on his own? please save me the trouble of reading your hot garbage sir, anyone that knows that they are about to be fired will do/say anything in the world to save their jobs up to and including changing philosophy