New York Giants Talk

STAT1

Starter
Any diehard Big Blue fans out there?

Looks like the G-Men might be trying to recruit Nnamdi Asomugha to shore up their secondary. That would be a HUGE acquisition if we could pull it off, having a shutdown corner like him on the squad would really help our pass rushers. Keeping Kiwanuka is key too, if we can somehow get both of those guys inked to a new deal our defense will be in great shape for next season (if there IS a next season). Neither of them will come cheap though. There's also Ahmad Bradshaw that we need to get signed. G-Men might have to make some tough decisions w/their roster this offseason.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/tuck_plans_to_talk_to_asomugha_about_qAsvYHE3HnlmcTXAaGup7L

POST STAFF REPORT
Last Updated: 1:14 PM, March 18, 2011
Posted: 12:20 PM, March 17, 2011

Though the NFL lockout prevents teams from talking to players, it won’t stop Justin Tuck from doing some recruiting. The Giants defensive end said Tuesday night he plans on talking to Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha about coming to New York.

"New York City is the place to be and that draws on its own, and plus we are a team that hasn't gotten over the [hump] and a player like him would definitely help do so," Tuck told ESPN.com.

The Jets also could be interested in Asomugha; he and Darrelle Revis are friends and have spoken in the past about joining forces. But the Jets have several free agents that they may look to re-sign, including another cornerback Antonio Cromartie, before Asomugha becomes an issue.

Asomugha’s Raiders contract was voided when he failed to reach certain incentives this past season.

The Jets and Giants won’t be alone; Asomugha will be one of the targeted free agents once a collective bargaining is reached. Tuck said he expects a labor deal to get done, but not right away.

"Come July, come August, there will be a lot of scratching of heads and biting of teeth if we don't have a deal done," said Tuck, who was talking up his R.U.S.H. For Literacy charity. "Hopefully cooler heads prevail and I will find myself chasing some quarterbacks in September."

Tuck also talked about the Giants bringing back Mathias Kiwanuka, who missed all but three games of last season with a herniated disc. Kiwanuka has been cleared to play, but his contract with the Giants is up. "[Kiwanuka] says he is healthy, been healthy," said Tuck, who spoke with Kiwanuka recently, according to the report.

"This whole lockout puts [a question mark] on where he is going to stand as far as contract-wise. He looks good and has been working out. I am definitely going to talk to the powers that be, but I know they want him back. He is one of those players you want to make sure you get him back in a Giants uniform."

miked1958

Rotation player
Huge GMEN Fan. HOpe they hold onto S. Smith Hixon due to the fact that they are both coming off injuries and other teams may be a bit leary on taking a chance on them. That could add up to the Gmen resigning both of them for alot less money then it would have taken had they both had injury free good seasons coming into free agency. The Giants had said they would spar no exp trying to resign AB. Lets hope this lockout ends soon they can get back to the business of building this seasons team.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Giants will place tenders on alot of these players..Like a second round tender on steve smith.. so if someone wants to sign smith they will have to give us theie 2nd round pick.. Ima huge gmen fan too.. I got to see Brandon Jacobs up close at the golden gloves at MSG last night.. guy is humongous

STAT1

Starter
Huge GMEN Fan. HOpe they hold onto S. Smith Hixon due to the fact that they are both coming off injuries and other teams may be a bit leary on taking a chance on them. That could add up to the Gmen resigning both of them for alot less money then it would have taken had they both had injury free good seasons coming into free agency. The Giants had said they would spar no exp trying to resign AB. Lets hope this lockout ends soon they can get back to the business of building this seasons team.

Losing Domenik Hixon killed our return game last year. Brought back horrible flashbacks of RW McQuarters returning kicks. We really need Hixon to be healthy again this year he adds a dimension to our team that is hard to replace.

STAT1

Starter
Giants will place tenders on alot of these players..Like a second round tender on steve smith.. so if someone wants to sign smith they will have to give us theie 2nd round pick.. Ima huge gmen fan too.. I got to see Brandon Jacobs up close at the golden gloves at MSG last night.. guy is humongous

I wouldn't be overly crushed if we lost Steve Smith I think we have enough depth at the WR position with Nicks, Super Mario & I think Ramses Barden has the potential to be a star someday, but I totally agree putting a tender on him makes absolute sense. The Devin Thomas signing last year intrigued me I wonder if he has any kind of future here or it he was just a stopgap insurance solution. I lived down in DC for most of last year a lot of people had high hopes for that kid but it never materialized. Wonder if he could have a future in NY if given an opportunity

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't be overly crushed if we lost Steve Smith I think we have enough depth at the WR position with Nicks, Super Mario & I think Ramses Barden has the potential to be a star someday, but I totally agree putting a tender on him makes absolute sense. The Devin Thomas signing last year intrigued me I wonder if he has any kind of future here or it he was just a stopgap insurance solution. I lived down in DC for most of last year a lot of people had high hopes for that kid but it never materialized. Wonder if he could have a future in NY if given an opportunity

I dont know if he has a real chance with this team.. we have alot of recievers man.. Hixon was hurt, we still got that kid victor cruz and to me Derek Hagan showed the Giants he deserves to be on the team next season after we cut him and re-signed him and he stepped up in the last few games and made some nice plays

STAT1

Starter
I dont know if he has a real chance with this team.. we have alot of recievers man.. Hixon was hurt, we still got that kid victor cruz and to me Derek Hagan showed the Giants he deserves to be on the team next season after we cut him and re-signed him and he stepped up in the last few games and made some nice plays

Good point about Victor Cruz he seems like he'd make a perfect slot receiver someday. Showed some real promise last pre-season. & Hixon & Hagan will be in the mix too no doubt. I hope Barden comes out in pre-season & takes hold of a regular spot he can be a huge weapon for us. 6'6" with hands the size of baseball gloves & a nice vertical leap, the dude can snatch a pass out of thin air with 1 hand with no problems at all. Maybe the next Plax with the right development (hopefully leaves the gun at home)

Marek

Benchwarmer
Anyone interested in a Knicksonline fantasy football league?

This place is dead, so I don't expect to even get enough heads signed up. But if we could get 10 (preferably 12), I'd commish it.

LeFlume

All Star
Eli and The Giants. HUGE Win at Dallas today. I MEAN HUGE!!!! HUMUNGUS!!! we're now in control of our own destiny. COME ON GIANTS...

:peace:

I got us making it to the NFC Championship game where we lose to New Orleans.. We beat ATL anf Green Bay along the way tho.

It's gonna be tough.

Bradshaw and Jacobs really need to step it up, I'm not impressed by the Giants running game this season. A few good performances, but overall not enough relief for Eli and the receivers.

The Giants live and die by their passing game. Cruz and Nicks have been great, especially Cruz, off the charts, Eli is Eli, but these are not the 2007 Giants.

The defense is ok, but could do better against the pass.

The NFL is very open this season, no perfect team out there, New England and Green Bay struggle defensively, B-More completely relies on Vonta Leach and Ray Rice on offense, the Niners look good but are far from unbeatable.

New Orleans are a threat, I agree.

Pricey

Rotation player
all the best lads, Im a Green Bay fan but if anyone was able to beat us and go on and win it i would want it to be the Giants

LeFlume

All Star
all the best lads, Im a Green Bay fan but if anyone was able to beat us and go on and win it i would want it to be the Giants

Good on ya Pricey. I hope you get to root for the Giants the rest of the way. Starting tomorrow...Green Bay - Giants 27-33 :beer:

Pricey

Rotation player
Shattered. Dropped so many passes and fumbled the ball.
Eli was great. Nicks was huge.

Best of luck next week. Will take some time to get over this choke

LeFlume

All Star
The refs did what they could to help you guys but it wasen't enough. Choke is one way to put. Don't wanna take anything away from the Giants but GB shot themselves in the foot. But 'I'll take it :smokin:

Pricey

Rotation player
The refs did what they could to help you guys but it wasen't enough. Choke is one way to put. Don't wanna take anything away from the Giants but GB shot themselves in the foot. But 'I'll take it :smokin:
why does everyone say the refs tried to help them. Yes they botched a couple calls but in the end it had no bearing on the result.

Giants controlled the ball and made completions, especially on the 3rd down. Green Bay didnt control the ball and missed completions and fumbled the ball.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Big, massive win.

We peaking in the right time. If we beat the Niners and the Pats beat the Ravens we are in for a rematch of the 2008 SB. Love it