Who are the best vet. minimum players available next season?

Rubio over Fredette all day. Rubio would be an impact Center in todays NBA but it's obvious he wants nothing to do with a crap Minny franchise. Trust me, when Rubio makes his NBA impact it's gonna be fun to watch. Fredette has no chance in the NBA due to his bad defensive foot work & lack of quickness. Fredette will never be able to stay in front or even stick with explosive much quicker PG's. No thanks to Nolan Smith. He's a Duhon clone. Everyone knows Irving is the only ble chip PG prospect out of Duke. Nolan Smith doesn't go top 15. Rubio would go top 5 during this years up coming draft.

I love the idea of Rubio working with Gasol but would rather save some money with DeAndre over Gasol & take the savings to lannd Battier.

PG- Rubio / Douglas / Rautins
SG- Fields / Walker / Douglas
SF- Melo / Battier / Shawne Williams
PF- Amare / Turiaf / JJ
C- DeAndre / JJ / Turiaf

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I love the idea of Rubio working with Gasol but would rather save some money with DeAndre over Gasol & take the savings to lannd Battier.

PG- Rubio / Douglas / Rautins
SG- Fields / Walker / Douglas
SF- Melo / Battier / Shawne Williams
PF- Amare / Turiaf / JJ
C- DeAndre / JJ / Turiaf

So we could keep Turiaf with that line-up?

Actually... I'm not sure if we could keep Turiaf or not, it depends on A) if Rubio came for cheap during a trade. Whats his contract as of right now? and B) How we landed Rubio & which players we gave up to land him.

Now thinking about it... I don't think we can keep Turiaf because A) He's due 4M next year & B) He could be a huge piece in a trade for Rubio or even a trade up to land a guy like Faried around 12-14.

Plenty of teams who are looking for size, rebounding & shot blocking ability from a high energy guy would be all over Turiaf (as long as their a playoff contending team) but I'm not sure we'll keep his 4M.

oshi

Benchwarmer
Did someone here seriously say they'd pick Fredette over Rubio? Damn you gone mad son. Reggie Evans would be a great addition he can reb and hustles. Would he get minutes with MDT coaching though? Not trying to troll and bring in a MDT discussion but I don't know. I don't want to see us giving DeAndre some big long contract or something nor do I want AI or Tmac in a knicks uniform again. DeAndre is good I had him in my money fantasy league for awhile but cmon man. Knowing it's NYK.. I see that happening, let's give him some huge deal worth millions.. **** that. Probably get rid of Fields go with Paul and DeAndre in the future, I don't really want that man. Jamal would be fun to have again but I like Bill Walker and they are kinda similar.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Shawne Williams and Jeffries are free agents this summer. We have a team option for Bill Walker, which may or may not be kept. Dropping Billups will likely give us approximately $10 mil in cap space (including dropping Walker). Jeffries may take the minimum but I doubt Williams will as he's earned a significant pay raise. Retaining the Bird rights for Jeffries and Williams will eliminate the cap space needed to sign Jordan or Battier.

The earliest 1st round pick we can trade is in 2016. We have no 2nd round picks this year.

Wanting Fredette over Rubio is crazy. If both entered this years draft? Rubio goes top 5 & challenges Irving as the #1 PG. Fredette isn't even expected top 10 & no chance of being the 1st PG selected.

To the poster above, good points but you forgot about the fact that if Turiaf picks up his player-option worth 4M, we could always trade Turiaf for a draft pick or cash. That alone is a 4M in savings which is more than enough to sign Battier. If we don't have the cap space to sign Jordan (which I believe we will but it all depends on a new CBA) we could always go after cheaper C's such as Nene or Tyson Chandler. Or we could just go after a much cheaper BIG (due to age) in Dalembert. I'm not worried about a BIG not getting P.T; all because of a career bust in Darko or a career nothing in AR. Who was AR before last month? Everyone knows who Evans is. He's a proven productive player not a project question. Moz, Turi, Amare, JJ, Shelden & Shawne. 6 different players @ the C position. PROOF an upgrade is coming!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Rubio > Fredette.

But we could draft a PG of the Kemba Walker-level who's pretty close to being NBA ready. Get a PG in the draft, sign Samuel Dalembert and Shane Battier and we'd be pretty well set.

KingCharles34

All Star
Battier is overrated at this point in my opinion he was better a few years ago and I've seen him get sh*tted on by other small forwards and Kobe repeatedly

The Knicks need defense/rebounding coming from the center/PF position more then anything which is why im a big reggie evans fan

*edit*

eddie house would be good to and especially kurt thomas he can still defend and rebound almost the same way he did when he played with the knicks.

What about Shaq? I think we could get him on the cheap if we get a good young C.

Also Eddie House would be nice cause he knows the system and can shoot the 3 and be effective off the bench.

Also if we could get a guy like Pryzbilla off the bench that would be nice.

Then we Trade Turiaf and a our drafted 1st for Rubio

PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: DeAndre Jordan

Shaq
Toney Douglas
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Bill Walker
Eddie House
Joey Pryzbilla
Andy Rautins
Roger Mason
Derrick Brown

Last edited:
I want nothing to do with Shaq on the Knicks. The man hasn't been the same since his days with the Magic & Lakers. He won a championship with MIA based off of pure HOF will. Those days are also long gone. Shaq is pretty much in his Ewing days of Seattle right now. It's sad to see but it's coming to an end.

He hasn't been healthy for Boston this year & it's only a matter of time before he completely breaks down. I don't wanna be around to see that either. I love Shaq. He's the last of the dynasty HOF C's that I grew up watching since my childhood days of Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson & Mourning. Even Smitz put in work. DM was the greatest shot blocker I ever seen. Shaq was once the young baby talent & learned a lot from those guys. I still remember the talk of Hakeem & Shaq in a 1 on 1 PPV game back in 95. Hakeem would have taken the young Shaq to school back then.

Battier, Rubio, Nene = Dream offseason.

Battier, Faried, Jordan is another dream offseason.

Gasol, Jordan, Nene, Chandler or Dalembert. We need 1.

Instead of Battier how about getting that guy on the Nuggets? Wilson Chandler I think his name is? LOL

But Yeah how bout bringing Wilson back? I could see him taking like 4-5 mill to come here. Hes a tramendus bench player.

Wouldnt it be funny if Will came back and signed with us this off season and Gallo came back next season? The Nuggets would have Mozgov and Felton left but Felton will probley leave in 2012. Mozgov will be the last Knugget lol

I'd love to have Chandler back, but with the addition of Melo? Chandler was gone as a FA this offseason regardless.

I just don't think Chandler would be willing to come back to NY for 4M per, when he could land a 7M type of contract; only to backup Carmelo off the bench. He's better than that. I just don't see it happening. Chandler could get paid, start & improve plenty of contending teams as a starting SF.

I have a pretty good feeling that Chandler is leaving Denver though. Nene may also leave Denver. Not sure about Nene but I'm pretty sure Wilson wants nothing to do with a mountain state such as the Rockies of Denver CO; Especially after experiencing life under the bright lights of Manhattan.

It's gonna be funny to see the "DenverKnick" supporters when A) Wilson leaves this year & Felton leaves next summer to become a starter away from the shadows of Lawson. That'll leave the Nuggets with Gallo & unless Mozgov turns it around (only averaged 2 points / 3 boards per as a starter with us) nothing more.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Grant Hill and Dalembert. Hill knows how to play in MDA's offense, and yes MDA will be back next year for at least half a year. Hill is the perfect 6th man and even if MDA and Phil Jackson comes aboard (PIPE DREAM ALERT), then Hill would be even more ecstatic.
Along with our draft pick, I would prefer Kemba but his stock has risen, and now Jimmers has fallen, so I would say either Markieff Morris, Jimmer or Kenneth Faried. Turiaf hopefully can get traded for a 2nd rounder, and Balkman and Cash dumped for anything. I also wouldnt mind if Bill Walker was off the team, he doesnt do it for me but I hope he proves me wrong in the playoffs.

Say Hello to your 2011-2012 New York Knickerbockers.

C-Dalembert
PF-STAT
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Billups

Bench:
Hill
Douglas
Shawne Williams
Derrick Brown
Billy Walker
Jimmer/Faried/Morris
Shelden

Wargames

Starter
If the knicks get Grant Hill and a decent center this will be a damn good off season. They would have a defensive minded player and a big to protect the paint/rebound.

nyk_nyk

All Star
TWO guys that you listed, that I'd be interested in are Crawford & Bibby.

I'd love a Dalembert type of BIG, but not when he'll be looking for a large contract. Other talented/expensive C's could be out there such as DeAndre, Chandler, Nene or maybe even M.Gasol.

I love the idea of JC as a spark off the bench as a potential 6th man of the year backing up Fields. He's the overall better scorer when compared to LF but A) Fields does other things & B) Scoring won't be a problem with Amare & Melo on the court but the bench is where we need some offensive fire power out of a 6th man like Crawford. He's another guy who would know his role as a piece off the bench looking to compete for a ring. He may look to become a starter with a decent contract though, because as long as Joe Johnson's with ATL Crawford isn't starting. So I won't get my hopes up for JC.

If we let Billups go to save 12M, Bibby would be a blessing backing up Douglas for cheap. Billups has been better longer but Bibby was RAW for a 3-5 year span.

So if we got Bibby, you'd slot him behind Douglas??? Need I remind you who the real PG is between the two of them.

Which Bibby are you talking about?

The Bibby of 5-10 years ago... or the soon to be 33 year old who's only averaging 8 points & 3 assists per game this year? His NBA career is just about over. Nothing more than a solid backup these days. You know why he's a starter with MIA? By default. Not because of talent, but because of default.

TD23's career is just getting started.

With LeBron, Wade & Bosh? Dude should be putting up 8-10 assist's per game. He's not the same Bibby that he once was during his golden years with the Kings. That Bibby will never return.

Any Knicks fan who would seriously start a 33 year old Bibby over an up & coming Toney Douglas doesn't deserve insight. Toney Douglas is one hell of an athlete, an up & coming talent, adds tough defense to the PG position, he's on the verge of gaining the much needed playoff experience learning behind Billups, & will head into next year as a three year pro with two full years under his belt of learning MDA's offensive system.

Bibby over TD? No.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I love Hill, but I don't know if he'd sign with us. Suns fans said he might retire of Nash and him got split up. I like that duo too, and would be sad to see them off the Suns.