Outstanding come from behind victory over the New Jersey Nets tonight!!

The heart, hustle, effort & will to win were all with NY tonight. Excellent win.

We were down by 10+ & I believe 15 @ one point, but that still couldn't stop these players & coaching staff from grinding the entire 2nd half up until the last seconds of the 4th. We were down 3 with a little over 2-3 mins left & walked away with a tough victory!

NY & NJ HATE eachother so throw the records out the window. This NJ team has been much improved since the addition of D-Will. Hard faught battle.

After reading pages & pages of fans quitting & blasting everything NY related during the gameday thread for 4 quarters strong; it's only right we give this team credit for completing a tough come from behind victory. 2 game winning streak. After the ways we've played as of late, we could have folded with lack of belief or effort.

For the fans who say it's only the Nets? Your the same types of fans who complain when we fail to beat these types of teams - so I'll take those comments with a grain of salt.

This was a MUST W.

jimkcchief88

All Star
+1 Walked out of work to catch the 4th. Great "gut-check" win by our Knicks. Liked "Lazy" Melo pouring in another 39pts, but talking about picking his Knicks mates up on the defensive side of the court in the 4th.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;171611 said:
Pointless thread that could have just gone in the game thread.

I think some of his posting is pointless and annoying too, but you're starting to sound like those trolls that followed him to the forum.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Rep point given... Nothing wrong with a celebration thread after 12 pages of whining and crying during the game thread... Last I checked there are 48 minutes in an NBA game... This is Knicks basketball and it often goes down to the wire lest we forget.... Great to get a win and should be celebrated after the losing streak... Real fans cheer the team on after a hard fought win no matter who its against and we really need this game tonight... Its a celebration Charlie Murphy!!!!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Rep point given... Nothing wrong with a celebration thread after 12 pages of whining and crying during the game thread... Last I checked there are 48 minutes in an NBA game... This is Knicks basketball and it often goes down to the wire lest we forget.... Great to get a win and should be celebrated after the losing streak... Real fans cheer the team on after a hard fought win no matter who its against and we really need this game tonight... Its a celebration Charlie Murphy!!!!

I love the way certain individuals refer to those that share their own opinion as real fans.:eek:hboy:

We played well under potential on both ends. Especially in the first half.

Do you honestly think we can afford to do that in the playoffs? Or are you another "we'll lose in the first round and improve next year" character?

To rely on Melo to carry us as he has the last 2 nights is unfair to him. The whole puzzle is still only 1/3 completed.

Of course I'm happy that we won! How could I not be? But it's not unreasonable to be discontent with the fashion in which we did it. When it mattered, we were good. But for another team and its front court to have another career/season best tally against us in 3 categories is not reason to celebrate.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think some of his posting is pointless and annoying too, but you're starting to sound like those trolls that followed him to the forum.

work.2889060.1.sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,f8f8f8.care-factor-zero-v1.png

NY17

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;171611 said:
Pointless thread that could have just gone in the game thread.

Seconded....again, we watched the game...we don't need another one of your posts filled with hot air about absolutely nothing.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;171643 said:
I love the way certain individuals refer to those that share their own opinion as real fans.:eek:hboy:

We played well under potential on both ends. Especially in the first half.

Do you honestly think we can afford to do that in the playoffs? Or are you another "we'll lose in the first round and improve next year" character?

To rely on Melo to carry us as he has the last 2 nights is unfair to him. The whole puzzle is still only 1/3 completed.

Of course I'm happy that we won! How could I not be? But it's not unreasonable to be discontent with the fashion in which we did it. When it mattered, we were good. But for another team and its front court to have another career/season best tally against us in 3 categories is not reason to celebrate.

Focus Daniel son, we need to win THESE games to MAKE the PLAYOFFS( U wanna talk about playoffs)... Real fans get that fact....

This is a post game thread, giving credit to our team for a tough victory. Sorry if it upset you Crazy, but you can always put me on ignore or just decline the option of reading this thread.

You told me to "GTFOH" during the gameday thread (or something like that). Hypocrite much?

Wanna talk about a gameday thread? Stop making the gameday thread 2-3 days before the day of the game. Do I bash you for that? No. Because It's only a message board. I gave you credit for an outstanding gameday thread. I have no hatred for strangers on a fan site.

Since when weren't we allowed to talk about NY outside of the gameday thread though?

Oh well, Melo during the POST GAME interview couldn't stop stressing the importance of picking up his teammates on the defensive end of the court. Looks like Melo is doing something under MDA, that not even George Karl could force him to do; play with heart & intensity on D'#.

Something that MDA critics said Melo would NEVER do under MDA (Proven wrong yet again). Sweet-Karma.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is a post game thread, giving credit to our team for a tough victory. Sorry if it upset you Crazy, but you can always put me on ignore or just decline the option of reading this thread.

You told me to "GTFOH" during the gameday thread (or something like that). Hypocrite much?

Wanna talk about a gameday thread? Stop making the gameday thread 2-3 days before the day of the game. Do I bash you for that? No. Because It's only a message board. I gave you credit for an outstanding gameday thread. I have no hatred for strangers on a fan site.

Since when weren't we allowed to talk about NY outside of the gameday thread though?

Oh well, Melo during the POST GAME interview couldn't stop stressing the importance of picking up his teammates on the defensive end of the court. Looks like Melo is doing something under MDA, that not even George Karl could force him to do; play with heart & intensity on D'#.

Something that MDA critics said Melo would NEVER do under MDA (Proven wrong yet again). Sweet-Karma.

That's a good reply.

I apologise.

Must be my time of the month:lol: every day:lol:

But I have to say, that Melo's scoring were 'just get him the ball plays" and I don't think D'Antoni should receive credit for his excellent play.

STAT1

Starter
Great to see Chauncey finally get it going offensively after his recent struggles, but he still took some very questionable shots in crunchtime, luckily it didn't come back to haunt us in this game. Melo carried us once again. This is what we traded for when we made that deal, for a star player of his calibre that could carry the load when STAT is struggling with foul woes & isn't particularly effective. The Nets had no answer for Melo in the 2nd half just as the Magic didn't have one the other night. If we get Chauncey & Melo back to playing at the top of their games going into the playoffs, this team will be very dangerous & a very tough 1st round matchup for anyone in the EC.

Good game.

Melo has been looking like Bernard King these past few games! Hes scoring at will, getting hustle rebounds, making smart passes and even with 39 points he was looking for the open man before/while looking for his own shot. His D has been stellar. Closing out on shooter and suffocating his man.

Amare has been....alright. He helped us alot in the 1st half but after that he didnt do much.

Shawne Williams is a warrior to go out there even though he's got a messed up finger and can't shoot. It was nice to see him make that 3 ball.

Toney Douglas is still looking to shoot before looking to pass. He needs to take a page from Anthony Carters book. That guy was throwing some sick passes!

Shelly Will was alright. His D wasn't as good as yesterday

Jeffries was good!!!!!!

Cavs up next. I want that game in the worst way. Not only to fight back to .500 after a disaster month, but to also get revenge against the same Cavs team that beat us down 3 previous times. A victory against Cleveland wouldn't erase that, but it would become a step in the right dirrection; a chance to win, get back to .500 & leave those Cleveland struggles as a thing of the past followed by moving on from there.

I knew fans would bash NY for how we played, after bashing them for failing to beat these types of teams. Thats why I made it known with my OP that I'd take those comments with a grain of salt. In a perfect world you could have it both ways, but we're still a rebuilding team & far away from the finished product. I'll take this game for what it's worth; a victory & improvments when compared to losing recent games against weaker opponents.

If this were last month, there is no doubt in my mind we lose to ORL & NJ during our last two 4th Q's + an OT win. We'd be 5 games below .500 with little hope.

Well... Apology accepted Crazy & feel free to create the gameday thread asap... Already focused on seeing our team beat those guys & great points about Billups STA1... He made some poor shot selections out there but it's looking like he's turning the corner of the learning curve, which is extremely important if we plan to upset & shock during the playoffs. Billups needs to lead us as the playoff warrior that he's always been, and if he gets on track heading into the playoffs (baby steps); I'm confident that we'll be a tough out for anyone.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good game.

Melo has been looking like Bernard King these past few games! Hes scoring at will, getting hustle rebounds, making smart passes and even with 39 points he was looking for the open man before/while looking for his own shot. His D has been stellar. Closing out on shooter and suffocating his man.

Amare has been....alright. He helped us alot in the 1st half but after that he didnt do much.

Shawne Williams is a warrior to go out there even though he's got a messed up finger and can't shoot. It was nice to see him make that 3 ball.

Toney Douglas is still looking to shoot before looking to pass. He needs to take a page from Anthony Carters book. That guy was throwing some sick passes!

Shelly Will was alright. His D wasn't as good as yesterday

Jeffries was good!!!!!!

Dont leave out Carter, he didnt force any shots, always look for the open man,
plus stayed on top of the screens

Kiyaman

Legend
The heart, hustle, effort & will to win were all with NY tonight. Excellent win.

We were down by 10+ & I believe 15 @ one point, but that still couldn't stop these players & coaching staff from grinding the entire 2nd half up until the last seconds of the 4th. We were down 3 with a little over 2-3 mins left & walked away with a tough victory!

NY & NJ HATE eachother so throw the records out the window. This NJ team has been much improved since the addition of D-Will. Hard faught battle.

After reading pages & pages of fans quitting & blasting everything NY related during the gameday thread for 4 quarters strong; it's only right we give this team credit for completing a tough come from behind victory. 2 game winning streak. After the ways we've played as of late, we could have folded with lack of belief or effort.

For the fans who say it's only the Nets? Your the same types of fans who complain when we fail to beat these types of teams - so I'll take those comments with a grain of salt.

This was a MUST W.

I'm curious for your opinion.....how was the Knicks defense in each quarter?
What quarter did we play our best defense, and what quarter
was our worst defensive effort???