What If...

Eddy Curry: Pat Riley plays down Eddy Curry workout

Eddy Curry - C - MIN - Apr. 3 - 10:43 am et

Heat president Pat Riley said through a spokesperson that he worked out Eddy Curry along with "a half-dozen other players," and that talk of a signing is "purely speculation."
Curry is overweight and out of shape, and there are other cheap options for veteran frontcourt depth, so we'll be surprised if the Heat actually sign him. In the past Riley has demanded that his players meet conditioning and body-fat benchmarks, which makes this pairing even more unlikely.

Apr. 3 - 10:43 am et

Source: Palm Beach Post

lol well that sucks.. wouldve been hilarious

TakMan

Rotation player
Miami signs Curry and he beasts on us in the playoffs? Can we fire D'Antoni then? Would you be mad?

What if,

Mike D'Antoni had kept Curry on the team, thus never acquiring Anthony this past February? Would you be mad?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The piece I read about Curry working out with Miami was that he was still about 350 pounds. I suppose, in some sense, that's "beasting."

Perfect. The above says everything and pretty much shatters the premise of this thread. 350 lb... Yea.

Miami doing the seeming due-deligence of working out Curry, highlights less the chance Curry might "beast", as the OP worries, but shows Miami has some concerns/ holes going into the playoffs.

Why don't some of you all just come out the closet & say it already...

"THE KNICKS HAVEN'T WON A CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 1972 BECAUSE OF MIKE D'ANTONI".

What's taking so long? What the hell are you waiting for?

skisloper

Starter
So you unknowingly validated Red's point. Why do you say a serviceable big would serve no purpose? especially when they are currently serving a purpose with their new team.

Actually I am not.
My point is you cannot judge one's success on another team as a mistake for us.
Remember when Nate Robinson got traded and many people on this board complained. Again MDA did not handle it correctly was the view point.
He was a 12 minute player for the Celtics and nothing more. They sent to OKC and the word was Nate would have to earn his spot to even get DNP.

Too many people get caught up on players in NY and believing they are better then they are.

For the Heat to even go after Curry shows u their desperation. Does one wonder why they did not pick up Earl Barron that so many people on this board swear by.....

To compare Tyson Chandler to Curry, Darko, AR, Mozgov , etc...

come on...
Stop playing an NBA team president and know your facts....

The Knicks spent 2 years of crap seasons to get us where we are today....We are playoff bound and we all know as much as we lose to a crap team we can beat any team in the East ( not sure of the West )

Next year we start the season and lets assume Billups is there....

Billups
Fields
Melo
Stat
Williams
Douglas

thats 6 players in the 9 man rotation...will be our first season like this...
we only get better from here...so ALL SHOULD STOP THEIR BITCHIN AND BE GRATEFUL WE ARE NOW A FORCE IN THE EAST...ONE THAT GETS BETTER AND BETTER

Gallo was MDA's only returning starter from last year. Chemistry? Clueless.

TD23 is NY's only impact player that was with this coach & team last year. Fact.

Even if Billups isn't back next year, we'll still be returning 4 starters who were on the team this year in TD23, Fields, Melo & Amare. Chemistry.

4 returning (with two top 10 stars) is a huge difference when compared to 1 (Gallo). Blind man can see that.

These people have no idea what rebuilding mode is all about. It's pretty damn funny. They expect results over night. They forget that we were winning with two rookie's in Mozgov & Fields.

These guys have no clue that players such as Felton, Chandler, Fields, Mozgov, Melo, Amare, Billups, JJ, Shelden, Carter & Turiaf weren't even with MDA or the Knicks last year. Chemistry?

They have no idea what the meaning of team, coach & player chemistry is all about in sports. They have no idea how extremely important a full offseason of training camp, practice(s) & an entire preseason of GELLING time is.

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
They have no idea what the meaning of team, coach & player chemistry is all about in sports. They have no idea how extremely important a full offseason of training camp, practice(s) & an entire preseason of GELLING time is.

Denver has no idea what you're talking about either. Somehow they are managing to play really well since the trade with a lot of new players on the roster, despite the lack of practice, preseason and GELLING time.

gellin.jpg

Actually I am not.
My point is you cannot judge one's success on another team as a mistake for us.

So a player that gets absolutely no burn for us for no apparent reason at all except that the coach doesnt like that type of player, and we didnt make a mistake when he actually performs for someone else. Is that what you're saying.?

Not only is it a mistake trading him (although I can live with this) but not using him AT ALL is the biggest mistake of all.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Denver has no idea what you're talking about either. Somehow they are managing to play really well since the trade with a lot of new players on the roster, despite the lack of practice, preseason and GELLING time.

gellin.jpg

Yes, but as Clyde said recently it's much easier to incorporate role players than it is to acclimate a star player such as Melo. We also brought in a new starting PG.. Not sure your perspective is that well thought out.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I'd like to think of Tyson Chandler as a Marcus Camby minus the jumpshot.

How did Camby workout for us when we had him? Oh ok.

STAT1

Starter
The easiest way to make sure Curry is a nonfactor in the game is by flashing pictures of the McRib on the teletron.

iJoe

Rotation player
So much for having to think about Curry!!

Curry leaves Miami empty-handed

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...aw-wojnarowski_miami_heat_reject_curry_041111

Beat me to it

Can't believe so many here think Curry can actually be ready for a playoff team. He's so out of shape that even if he can occasionally score in the post, his defense would be so bad, it would be a layup drill against him until he fouls out and passes out over a big mac.

Curry needs a super slow plodding offense to even stand a chance of being a deep bench player as of now. Consider that he doesn't rebound, block shots, play any modicum of defense and is just play stupid.

It's like Knick fans live in terror that every player who leaves is gonna suddenly explode. Its been proven that guys who are willing to play as a TEAM and work at it will get playing time. Why waste your time on past trash? Lets look for cheap and upcoming values.