Can someone please tell me why Knick fans want Chris Paul?

The Hornets have been my second favorite team since 07 and I'm a huge Cp3 fan but i don't see why we should get him.

New-Orleans-Hornets-Point-Guard-Chris-Paul-Suffered-Injury.jpg

- He's injury prone
- He's not strong
- We would have to trade Billups + Role players (Fields,Williams etc) thus losing even more depth.
- We would be in Cap hell (plus with the new CBA it would probably be even worse)
- We would have a glaring hole in the C position

I mean yeah Cp3 is a great point guard and is definitely a top 5 pg but i think getting him would be the worst possible thing that can happen. I would love to see him throw alley oops to Amare but you don't really need a great passing pg (Fisher,Parker,etc) plus without a center we will never be able to win a championship. TD is cheap and i think he can become a better passing pg like Westbrook did.The trade that makes the most sense is Cp3 to Orlando for Nelson and Redick.

Chris Paul is the best point guard in the NBA. D'Antoni's system relies heavily on a good point guard. Steve Nash turned them into a 60+ win team. It's not all about the stats with CHris Paul, but the way he would orchestrate our offense. Not only dring the regular season, but in a game 7 in the conf. or even NBA finals. You need somebody who's able to initiate the offense and bring the ball up the court while under heavy pressure in 'do or die games'.
A good center is always helpful and almost neccesary to win a 'ship, but a great point guard/ball handler is probably the most important piece during the playoffs.

Right now we have Billups, but he'll probably retire in 2012. I'm all for signing a center instead of Paul, but the only center available in 2012 who's better than Paul is Dwight Howard and it doesn't look one bit like he'll sign with us.

Honestly, would you take DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Javale McGee, Samuel Dalembert or Jason Thompso over Chris Paul? I wouldn't!

I'd rather acquire Paul, be in cap hell again (so be it) and draft a center who can defend and rebound.

Paul
Fields
Melo
STAT
6'11 or 7'0 center out of college who can defend and rebound

I think that would be a dream team for us and good enough to win a championship.

smokes

Huge Member
Chris Paul is the best point guard in the NBA. D'Antoni's system relies heavily on a good point guard. Steve Nash turned them into a 60+ win team. It's not all about the stats with CHris Paul, but the way he would orchestrate our offense. Not only dring the regular season, but in a game 7 in the conf. or even NBA finals. You need somebody who's able to initiate the offense and bring the ball up the court while under heavy pressure in 'do or die games'.
A good center is always helpful and almost neccesary to win a 'ship, but a great point guard/ball handler is probably the most important piece during the playoffs.

Right now we have Billups, but he'll probably retire in 2012. I'm all for signing a center instead of Paul, but the only center available in 2012 who's better than Paul is Dwight Howard and it doesn't look one bit like he'll sign with us.

Honestly, would you take DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Javale McGee, Samuel Dalembert or Jason Thompso over Chris Paul? I wouldn't!

I'd rather acquire Paul, be in cap hell again (so be it) and draft a center who can defend and rebound.

Paul
Fields
Melo
STAT

I think that would be a dream team for us and good enough to win a championship.

Not to disagree with your points about having a great PG but what makes you think Billups will retire in 2012? He will be 35 going on 36. He easily has another contract in him.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Paul
Fields
Melo
STAT

I'm inclined to agree w almost all of this post. Nice one!

Just not sure Billups will want to retire in 2012 either..

STAT1

Starter
CP3 is a special player but I don't think the cap will allow us to realistically target him. I'm cool with Chauncey for the longterm at lower dollars if it means we can use the rest of the cap money to bring in a true defensive minded C.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I've seen Rubio, I like him, I like him alot. He's a much better player than a lot of people give him credit for but he's a raw talent and we're looking to win now.

With that in mind, I'd love to see if we could acquire the man who is the best PG in Europe and who people ARN'T talking about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28W-LVGXJHk

I've seen Rubio, I like him, I like him alot. He's a much better player than a lot of people give him credit for but he's a raw talent and we're looking to win now.

With that in mind, I'd love to see if we could acquire the man who is the best PG in Europe and who people ARN'T talking about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28W-LVGXJHk

im only taking rubio for cheap, and having him willing to take a back seat to a seasoned pg. rubio's game doesnt translate into the NBA game as well as some may think, which shows why he hasnt come over to the NBA since his draft. He is small, limited range in his shooting, terrible defensive, and dominates the basketball at times in the euroleagues. Is is an amazing ball handler, play maker raw talent yes, veryyyy talented young man, but definitely not yet a game changer on the NBA level.