Russian Down!

Oh well, I don't wish for injuries but I could care less what happens to Mozgov from here on out. Just another Curry type of ex Knick in my eyes.

He's a horrible played & was overrated by many of Knicks fans all because he's "7'1" when the Russian project plays like he's 6'4 down low. Soft as hell.

He's a bum & not developing well @ all. Not progressing one bit. He's the complete opposite of "productive" on both end's of the court.

I'm so glad he's out of NY. I couldn't stand that European bench player since day one.

It's sad to say, but we upgraded with JJ & Shelden over the Russian project. Even Brown played last night & put up a quick 5 points; even throwing shit down.

He'll be somewhere in Europe 2 years from today (if not sooner).

He's only averaging 3.6 points, 2.7 boards & 0.6 blocks per game. lmao @ any Knicks fan that attacking Mike D'Antoni for keeping that scrub on the bench during the begining of the season. The bench is where he belongs. Not in the NBA either. Go back to Europe Mozgov.

STAT1

Starter
Oh well, I don't wish for injuries but I could care less what happens to Mozgov from here on out. Just another Curry type of ex Knick in my eyes.

He's a horrible played & was overrated by many of Knicks fans all because he's "7'1" when the Russian project plays like he's 6'4 down low. Soft as hell.

He's a bum & not developing well @ all. Not progressing one bit. He's the complete opposite of "productive" on both end's of the court.

I'm so glad he's out of NY. I couldn't stand that European bench player since day one.

It's sad to say, but we upgraded with JJ & Shelden over the Russian project. Even Brown played last night & put up a quick 5 points; even throwing shit down.

He'll be somewhere in Europe 2 years from today (if not sooner).

He's only averaging 3.6 points, 2.7 boards & 0.6 blocks per game. lmao @ any Knicks fan that attacking Mike D'Antoni for keeping that scrub on the bench during the begining of the season. The bench is where he belongs. Not in the NBA either. Go back to Europe Mozgov.

I for one am not losing any sleep over losing Mozgov, however why is it that a veteran scrub with zero upside like Jared Jeffries who's averaging some of the most pathetic #'s an NBA player could possibly produce consistently gets minutes from this coach but a young 7 foot C who needed playing time to develop his game could not? Everyone talks about the "intangibles" that Jeffries brings that don't get reflected in the statsheet, I for one thinks that's a load of bunk. The only intangibles Jeffries brings to the table are to the other team not having to guard him on the offensive end of the floor because he's completely incapable of making a shot. His defense is highly overrated. I don't think he belongs on a basketball court, but he's always been an MDA favorite.

TakMan

Rotation player
I for one am not losing any sleep over losing Mozgov, however why is it that a veteran scrub with zero upside like Jared Jeffries who's averaging some of the most pathetic #'s an NBA player could possibly produce consistently gets minutes from this coach but a young 7 foot C who needed playing time to develop his game could not? Everyone talks about the "intangibles" that Jeffries brings that don't get reflected in the statsheet, I for one thinks that's a load of bunk. The only intangibles Jeffries brings to the table are to the other team not having to guard him on the offensive end of the floor because he's completely incapable of making a shot. His defense is highly overrated. I don't think he belongs on a basketball court, but he's always been an MDA favorite.

A good list of concerns you set out however. I'm not with you on the defensive aspect that Jeffries brings to the game. I think even though he's naturally a perimeter defender, he has adjusted quite well defending under the basket. He's probably taken more charges and made more steals than most other Knicks players whilst he's been on the team. A more curious question would be, as you don't think Jeffries is all that on 'D', and of course as we all know he acts as minus one player on offence, why then would a coach that is so often accused of being all about the offence, give him the time he does?

JJ is a career bum & thats the reason why I'm all for both Turiaf & now Shelden starting & playing over JJ from here on out. Fans are acting like Moz should have started over Turiaf which is extremely sad. JJ is a natural perimeter defender & still a much better defensive player down low, who's been forced to play out of position when compared to the Russian project "nothing". Fans around here are acting as if they wanted to pass up on a top 3-5 NBA all word talent in Melo over trading Mozgov. It's silly to A) Complain about trading Mozgov & even more pathetic to attack a good coach for sitting Mozgov on the bench, when B) Mozgov was an unproductive rookie out of Russia with zero American basketball experience. The fact that Knicks fans still talk about Mozgov is pathetic in it's own right.

STAT1

Starter
A good list of concerns you set out however. I'm not with you on the defensive aspect that Jeffries brings to the game. I think even though he's naturally a perimeter defender, he has adjusted quite well defending under the basket. He's probably taken more charges and made more steals than most other Knicks players whilst he's been on the team. A more curious question would be, as you don't think Jeffries is all that on 'D', and of course as we all know he acts as minus one player on offence, why then would a coach that is so often accused of being all about the offence, give him the time he does?

His fascination with JJ's game has eluded any rhyme or reason. I happen to think MDA likes him because of his practice ethic & team first mentality. The main problem for me is when he passes over younger players with much bigger upside potential & talent that have shown an ability to produce & put up bigger #'s than Jeffries ever has in his NBA career like AR & Corey Brewer & they end up on other teams putting up #'s while we have to watch him regularly put up his 1 pt 2 rebound performances in 20+ minutes that IMHO really hurts this team's future outlook. I think MDA likes to have Jeffries' veteran presence to show guys how to practice & work. but the fact that he has basically zero NBA talent or ability & still gets consistent playing time from this coach doesn't make much sense to me & never has.

Anyway I don't mean to make this a thread about MDA or Jeffries. Back on topic, I don't think Mozgov was ever ready to start games early in the season he looked completely clueless & still largely does aside from that 1 big game he had vs. the Pistons. I have never been impressed by his game at most I could only picture a role playing big at best. Losing him as part of the Melo trade was a cause of no distress from me personally. Hopefully for his sake this injury doesn't set back his career too much.