7:00 PM ET
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
TV: MSG/

knicks_home211303.jpg

Knicks

(39-38, 16-21 away)

76ers

(40-38, 25-12 home)

The New York Knicks have made their intentions clear. Whether it matters or not for the postseason, they want to finish ahead of the Philadelphia 76ers.
The Knicks will bring a four-game winning streak Wednesday night to Philadelphia as they try to take over sixth place in the Eastern Conference.
Both teams are playoff-bound. New York (39-38) is in the postseason for the first time in seven seasons and trails Philadelphia (40-38) by one-half game.
There may not a benefit either way in finishing sixth or seventh since Atlantic Division champion Boston and Southeast Division champion Miami are in a tight race for the No. 2 seed.
Still, the Knicks want to carry the momentum they have built over the last week and gain the No. 6 seed.
"It's just something we want to do," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I don't know if it's important or not, I don't think we'll know until we look back on it, and you might not even know then. So it's just that tonight, they're playing well, (Philadelphia is a) hard team on the road, let's learn to try to win on the road, let's keep building on what we got."
The Knicks have dropped five straight on the road while the 76ers have won 14 of their last 17 at home against Eastern foes.
This is the first time the Knicks will face the 76ers since acquiring Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups from Denver on Feb. 22. Philadelphia has won two of the first three matchups.
"It's going to be a big game (Wednesday) night, a very important game for us," All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire said. "We're really trying to make a push to move up the standings. And so Philly's playing well, and we owe them boys."
New York finished a perfect four-game homestand with its second-best shooting performance of the season, a 57.7 percent effort in Tuesday's 131-118 win over Toronto. The Knicks had 78 points in their highest-scoring first half of the season, making 12 of 16 from beyond the arc in the first 24 minutes.
Toney Douglas made six 3-pointers and scored 28 points while Anthony had five 3s and 23 points.
"I thought we did a great job of getting the ball out fast, getting stops first and foremost, getting the ball out and running," Billups said. "Melo got hot obviously in that first half and he was rolling and we just kind of fed off his energy and his shots."
While New York was playing the worst team in the Atlantic on Tuesday, Philadelphia played the best and fell 99-82 at Boston. Rookie Evan Turner came off the bench for a team-high 21 points.
"When we play a team like this, I told our guys we want to keep growing every single game," coach Doug Collins said. "That's why coming down this stretch these games give us a blueprint on what we have to do to beat these teams."
Elton Brand, playing with a fracture in his left hand, is averaging 27.0 points and 9.3 rebounds against New York this season compared to Stoudemire's nearly identical averages of 27.7 points and 9.7 rebounds in those meetings.

Last 5 Games

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: left;" width="30%">New York</th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: left;" width="30%">Philadelphia</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr valign="top"> <td style="text-align: left;">Apr 05 TOR Win 131-118
Apr 03 CLE Win 123-107
Mar 30 NJ Win 120-116
Mar 28 ORL Win 113-106
Mar 26 @CHA Loss 114-106
</td> <td style="text-align: left;">Apr 05 @BOS Loss 99-82
Apr 02 @MIL Loss 93-87
Apr 01 NJ Win 115-90
Mar 30 HOU Win 108-97
Mar 28 @CHI Win 97-85</td></tr></tbody></table>

Depth Chart

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th width="5%"> </th><th style="line-height: 25px; border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: left;">New York (PPG)</th><th style="line-height: 25px; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: left;">Philadelphia (PPG)</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="odd" align="right" valign="top"><td style="text-align: left;">PG </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>C. Billups 16.9</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>J. Holiday 13.9</nobr></td></tr><tr class="even" align="right" valign="top"><td style="text-align: left;">SG </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>L. Fields 9.8</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>J. Meeks 10.6</nobr></td></tr><tr class="odd" align="right" valign="top"><td style="text-align: left;">SF </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>C. Anthony 25.5</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>A. Iguodala 14.1</nobr></td></tr><tr class="even" align="right" valign="top"><td style="text-align: left;">PF </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>A. Stoudemire 25.5</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>E. Brand 14.8</nobr></td></tr><tr class="odd" align="right" valign="top"><td style="text-align: left;">C </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>J. Jeffries 1.4</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>S. Hawes 7.4</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

Gameday Matchup

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th> </th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">New York
</th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">Philadelphia
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">W-L</td><td style="text-align: right;">39-38</td><td style="text-align: right;">40-38</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points</td><td style="text-align: right;">106.7</td><td style="text-align: right;">99.3</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points Allowed</td><td style="text-align: right;">106.0</td><td style="text-align: right;">97.5</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Home Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">23-17</td><td style="text-align: right;">25-12</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Road Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">16-21</td><td style="text-align: right;">15-26</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Current Streak</td><td style="text-align: right;">W4</td><td style="text-align: right;">L2</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Last 10</td><td style="text-align: right;">4-6</td><td style="text-align: right;">5-5</td></tr></tbody></table>

I wouldn't consider the 76ers overrated by any means. Elton Brand will give our low post defense all we can handle & Iguodala will be sure to give Melo a war tonight. The 76ers, as you can see are extremely tough @ home & have an overall very good defensive game. Won't be easy tonight.

I love how MDA is stressing the fact that we must learn how to win on the road. Tonight is a great test. Without being able to steal a game or two on the road? You stand no chance come playing time.

The 76ers may not be BOS or CHI but this game could be a preview of how we can compete during the playoffs. Should be a game full of playoff type of fight, effort, pride & intensity.

Haven't been this excited & pumped up for a game in quite some time.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm gonna dump my game thread in here, since I can't be assed to delete all that shit I just wrote :lol:

smokes

Huge Member
smokes2.jpg

PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS...

NYK.gif
@
PHI.gif

The Philadelphia 76ers (40-38, 6th in the East) face off against our New York Knicks (39-38, 7th in the East!!!)

In Philly, where even the rims hang sideways...
hoopsA600.jpg

Tonight the Knicks go into Philly to try and regain a hold on the 6th seed in the Eastern Conference Playoffs! With a loss tonight they will drop back down to .500 on the season, but the Knicks are on a roll right now winning 4 straight. Who will emerge victorious tonight?

STARTING FIVES

PG...............SG..............SF...............PF...............C
..... ..... ..... .....
Holiday.........Meeks........Iguodala........Brand.........Hawes

PG...............SG..............SF...............PF...............C
..... ..... ..... ..... .....
Billups.........Fields.........Anthony.......Stoudemire.....Turiaf....

GAME PREVIEW

The Knicks come into Philadelphia this Wednesday night looking to extend their longest win streak since the blockbuster trade that has revamped, rejuvenated and reinvented the face of New York basketball. After a shaky start the Knicks have won 4 on the bounce, beating off the streaking Orlando Magic, and putting the demons to bed with decisive wins over Cleveland and New Jersey, who embarrassed the Knicks earlier this year.

Philadelphia return home tonight to try and get back on track after a loss to the division leading Celtics. This year has been unexpected for Philadelphia, finding extra production from the unlikely Elton Brand and their constant, solid Andre Iguodala. Brand however, is currently playing with a fractured hand. The Knicks will hope this deficit can help Stat to keep him under control.

Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni says the Knicks are looking to take the 6th seed back no matter what. "It's just something we want to do," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I don't know if it's important or not, I don't think we'll know until we look back on it, and you might not even know then. So it's just that tonight, they're playing well, (Philadelphia is a) hard team on the road, let's learn to try to win on the road, let's keep building on what we got."

On the road is key, with some players seeming to only show up under the bright lights of MSG. The Knicks will hope to build on four consecutive solid defensive performances at home and recreate that level of intensity without the backing of the rabid New York faithful.

New York finished a perfect four-game homestand with its second-best shooting performance of the season, a 57.7 percent effort in Tuesday's 131-118 win over Toronto. The Knicks had 78 points in their highest-scoring first half of the season, making 12 of 16 from beyond the arc in the first 24 minutes.

Toney Douglas made six 3-pointers and scored 28 points while Anthony had five 3s and 23 points.

"I thought we did a great job of getting the ball out fast, getting stops first and foremost, getting the ball out and running," Billups said. "Melo got hot obviously in that first half and he was rolling and we just kind of fed off his energy and his shots."

However the Knicks can't rely on those adrenaline 3's like they did against Toronto and certainly can't afford to let another huge fourth-quarter lead dwindle as they have done on so many occasions this year.

The Knicks currently trail the season series 1-2 and will certainly want to even the record with a team who the Knicks should be beating.

STARTING FIVE MATCHUPS

Chauncey Billups vs Jrue Holiday

Billups has just returned to form in perfect timing with his back-to-back solid performances in each of the Knicks home wins. A proven, veteran leader, Chauncey "Big Shot" Billups is likely to run a class today on how to be an effective PG. Jrue Holiday is performing well in his second season in the league, with averages of 13 points 6 assists however his 2.5 turnovers are a concern for the Sixers who run the ball through Iguodala on a regular basis.

Landry Fields vs Jodie Meeks

Fields will be looking to build on his performance last night as he returned from his own mini-slump post trade. Honestly I don't know anything about Jodie Meeks but his name sucks and I expect Fields to school this 1 year weak ass SG.

Carmelo Anthony vs Andre Iguodala

Carmelo has absolutley beasted for the Knicks recently and although Iguodala is known for being a good defender his hops are not going to help against the razor-sharp attack of Melo. The real matchup will be on the defensive end where Knicks fans will hope to see the kind of effort inspired by playing one on one against another top player.

Amare Stoudemire vs Elton Brand

Stat has been up and down since the trade but everyone knows he can go off at any given moment. Brand is a weak defender and Amare should exploit this going to the rim before opening up the floor with his trademark spot-up free throw line jumper. Brand has a similar offensive skillset, minus the athleticism, so Amare can cover him if he desires. Will that desire be there tonight for a guy who many think is running on fumes right now?

Ronny Turiaf vs Spencer Hawes

The battle of the beards kicks off tonight. Spencer Hawes bumfluff vs the mighty beard of zeus thingy. Yeah. Spencer Hawes is your average 7 footer. Whatever man this matchup is of no interest to me :lol:

KEY MATCHUP

a_560x375.jpg

amare-dunk.jpg

Amare "King Kong" Stoudemire

VS

Elton "John" Brand

Amare Stoudemire (25 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks on the season) will be expected to stem the tide of Elton Brand's dominance against the Knicks swiss cheese defense they have displayed most of the season. Elton Brand (27 pts, 9 rebs averaged vs New York this year) needs to be stopped. Stat needs to show he can hold down against a good offensive PF especially when they have a weak sidekick in the paint. If he can prove his competence tonight Knicks fans will breathe a lot easier looking towards his 1st round matchup against KG or Bosh.

SMOKES PREDICTION

Knicks 110 - Philadelphia - 99

Honestly my predictions are always the same. I just want us to keep a team under 100 points and win. Is that too much to ask?!

BREAKING NEWS!! JRUE HOLIDAY ASSAULTS WOMAN!!

HIGHLIGHTS

Hope you enjoyed this game thread! :gony:

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
I go to school in PA and I'm so sick and tired of all this 6ers talk. I hope we smack the living sh** out of them.

It's just a nice feeling not having to scoreboard watch for the 76ers to lose during NY games. Now we have them right in front of us for the 6th seed... Lets go Knicks. Expecting a big game from the Knicks.

I knew Melo was one of the best rebounding SF's in the game but I never knew he could board this strong. Already 5 or 6 boards here in the 1st & loving this defense. Outstanding 1st Q defense on the road. Nice to see!

TakMan

Rotation player
Brilliant assist by Jeffries to Walker for the 3. Why have people not picked up on the fact that he's an undercover genius?

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
Big second foul on Iguadala. Anthony with 8 points and 6 already in the first quarter.

PS - The 6ers announcers on CSN (because I'm in PA for school) are actually horrible. I can't stand them -- might rather watch the game on mute.

smokes

Huge Member
Good defense from our squad so far

That post looks funny with your sig underneath :lol:

But yeah we are defending great I love AC and TD together these guys hustle and energy is infectious!

I hope we get to see 10 minutes of Derrick Brown tonight.

Excellent defense. We can run away with this game heading into the half. Knicks basketball is back baby. We've competed with the top eastern conf teams... We've started to beat the weaker teams & now we're showing Philly their no match for us. Sky is the limit for NY.