Playoff Knicks vs Overrated 76ers 4/6 7pm

smokes

Huge Member
11-0 run we couldn't hit a barn door.

Still, we played a great defensive effort again if this continues the optimism and positivity going into the playoffs is going to be huge!

TakMan

Rotation player
Realistically looking at our points conceded for the half, this could have been a 1sr quarter score on another night. 41 points is more than decent, Now if only Billups and Douglas could contribute more on offence. Walker again showing why we should be renewing his contract.

11-0 run for the 6ers? Damn. I missed about 4-6 minutes of the 2nd quarter but that was some of the best 1st half defense I've seen from us in a while. It'll be nice to get a little more offensive production from our PG's tonight, but if we slow down Brand just a little; we should win by 15-20+ tonight.

Melo & Amare doing a strong job on the boards too. Whats your thoughts of Brown since we've seen limited mins from him starting last night? Which type of NBA player would you say he reminds you of? Potential & talent of who?

I agree Tak... The Bucks are the team that puts up close to 41 on us during the 1st quarter ahaha & your right about Walker. I love that kids overall talents & potential. Nice 3 ball but I love it when he drive to the hole & finishes @ the rim. Dude can throw some shit down too. I really like both Shawne & Walker. I have a feeling TD23, Turiaf, Walker, Shawne & Carter can take our team far off the bench. Every one of those guys play with heart.

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;172976 said:
Billy Walker's put back was madness! He can 'bound and has done all season in his limited minutes.

Alluding back to what you were saying yesterday, it's kinda worrying that we are keeping ourselves afloat for the last 8 or so minutes on the court with 3 pointers and tough jumpshots.

I hope we are using practice time to work a bit on high percentage offensive plays which we will need to be proficient in a few of come playoff time.

However when Anthony just spots up from the same spot 3 times in a row you kinda feel like all 3 of those shots are going in... He's so deadly...

smokes

Huge Member
Man defense truly sparks our offense these last few games... Every time we get a quality defensive stop we drill a 3 or get a good look at the rim... I'm starting to feel like this team and our coach are truly coming round to the defensive potential of this team and how it will eventuate with a great offense with our players...

NASTY STUFF BY FIELDS!!!!

Ergh Billups holding his thigh noooooooooooooooooo

Yeah... Melo quickly made me forget about Gallo, Felton & Chandler ahaha we landed a top 3 NBA all world talent. Top 5 at the very least. Dude has future championship written all over his game. He's never been matched with a top 10 superstar like Amare though; which is scary

Smokes I agree... Both the team & coach are coming into their own on the defensive side of the ball. MDA stated the other day that offense comes easy to this team & defense is our ONLY focus right now. Everyone learns from their mistakes. MDA knows PHX never won a ring because of defense & now he's putting effort into making sure that doesn't happen with NY. Loving the way we're playing tough defense on the ROAD against a very good home team.

smokes

Huge Member
Smokes I agree... Both the team & coach are coming into their own on the defensive side of the ball. MDA stated the other day that offense comes easy to this team & defense is our ONLY focus right now. Everyone learns from their mistakes. MDA knows PHX never won a ring because of defense & now he's putting effort into making sure that doesn't happen with NY. Loving the way we're playing tough defense on the ROAD against a very good home team.

I agree I just think we need a few good half court set plays to go to. We don't really play any effective designed plays. We have a few go to moves from different players you are seeing regularly the last few games. Like Fields going baseline. Stat/TD or Billups pick n roll. But most of our offense seems to come from improvised ball movement. Which is nice, but we need something to come out of time outs with in close games.

I can't believe Billups just got the same injury on his other leg. This is depressing... At least he will be rested for the playoffs let's just hope he is well enough adjusted to this team that missing a few games isn't going to kill the chemistry we've seen come to life over the last 4 and 3/4 games...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Alluding back to what you were saying yesterday, it's kinda worrying that we are keeping ourselves afloat for the last 8 or so minutes on the court with 3 pointers and tough jumpshots.

I hope we are using practice time to work a bit on high percentage offensive plays which we will need to be proficient in a few of come playoff time.

However when Anthony just spots up from the same spot 3 times in a row you kinda feel like all 3 of those shots are going in... He's so deadly...

Yeah. When he's on fire you've got to get him the ball. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Last night we were up 17, and while you want your players to enjoy it, you also want to find that continuity we've all been on about.

That, and you also want to maintain some offensive flow for Amar'e with plays set specifically for him to operate off movement. I liked that we looked for STAT in the post tonight. He didn't convert, but it's about time we included it in our offence. Especially since the trade.

13 point lead heading into the 4th & we better hold this lead or else tonight becomes a disaster thanks to Billups going down.

Hopefully he can get back for our final two games against CHI & BOS to shake off rust heading into the playoffs.

Not the end of the world though. A set back but not the end. TD23 gets a chance to gain more experience & Carter is a solid 3rd & now 2nd string. Still not happy but I'm looking forward to the defense of Toney Douglas.