Playoff Knicks vs Overrated 76ers 4/6 7pm

So I went to the game in Philly tonight, not sure if any of you were there too, but the stadium had to have been 40% Knick fans... It was so bad that you would hear more booing when the sixers were at the foul lines than cheers. At one point, half the stadium was chanting 'Melo'... needless to say the Philly fans were not happy.

HOWEVER, I did have to hear all of them obnoxious chanting De-Ja-Vu at one point... Thank God we won because I wouldn't have been able to handle another miserable 4th qtr implosion... especially against Philly.
Lol on tv it looked more like 70% Knick fans. It definitely got thru

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
MDA trust the players to make the split sec plays you say you'd like to see above. It's on them. This is the most logical way to run his offense. The guy doesn't even like to call timeouts down the stretch. He's not Larry Brown. At most he'll run a play for Amare or Melo to get them the ball exactly where they like it,or a little riff out of a timeout, but that about it. MDA trusts the flow. He trusts and trains his players to trust the flow as well.

Common dude you know this..

I do know this. But clearly, I have issues with faith that doesn't produce. It did tonight, it hasn't in the past, why not tamper with the up and down success rate?

Those 4 bungled opportunities I mentioned could have lost us the game tonight.

They've cost us in the past!

Why is there no adjustment?

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah it felt like at least 50/50 on the crowd volume levels it was real cool to watch! Think the fans definitely got the team going a few times tonight!

TheNYdude

Rookie
Lol on tv it looked more like 70% Knick fans. It definitely got thru

Im glad it went through TV... we were just laughing at one time it was so absurd. Literally when Iguadala was shooting a FT, it sounded like he was at MSG.

The last 10 secs all the Philly fans had left and it was all NY fans chanting "Lets go Knicks" in a half empty stadium. It reminded me a lot of the early 90s.

Im glad it went through TV... we were just laughing at one time it was so absurd. Literally when Iguadala was shooting a FT, it sounded like he was at MSG.

The last 10 secs all the Philly fans had left and it was all NY fans chanting "Lets go Knicks" in a half empty stadium. It reminded me a lot of the early 90s.
Yep heard those "Lets go Knicks" chants loud and clear.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;173089 said:
I do know this. But clearly, I have issues with faith that doesn't produce. It did tonight, it hasn't in the past, why not tamper with the up and down success rate?

Those 4 bungled opportunities I mentioned could have lost us the game tonight.

They've cost us in the past!

Why is there no adjustment?

As the players become more and more proficient in their decisions and execution the missed opportunities will continue to be minimized. The offense will look cleaner, be increasingly unpredictable and more devastating.

The adjustments should happen on the fly off of what the defense is showing. If there's a mismatch the players know to exploit it. They know when someone's got the hot hand. They know they need to move the ball. MDA trusts the players to make quick decisions... to read and react, unless they're extremely lost for a stretch. This is where Chauncey will really help. He's seen everything and knows how to exploit any type of scheme. The Billups/ MDA combo is very solid.

Forget the threes.. The great thing about this offense is that when it's really clicking and the players stick close to all of the keys for a whole possession, it leads usually to cut and lay-in/ dunk. MDA's offense really is genuine genius when run proficiently.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
As the players become more and more proficient in their decisions and execution the missed opportunities will continue to be minimized. The offense will look cleaner, be increasingly unpredictable and more devastating.

The adjustments should happen on the fly off of what the defense is showing. If there's a mismatch the players know to exploit it. They know when someone's got the hot hand. They know they need to move the ball. MDA trusts the players to make quick decisions... to read and react, unless they're extremely lost for a stretch. This is where Chauncey will really help. He's seen everything and knows how to exploit any type of scheme. The Billups/ MDA combo is very solid.

Forget the threes.. The great thing about this offense is that when it's really clicking and the players stick close to all of the keys for a whole possession, it leads usually to cut and lay-in/ dunk. MDA's offense really is genuine genius when run proficiently.
But what about Stoudemire's complete exclusion? He was being guarded by Speights, whose P&R D was shocking.

Again, on those plays I mentioned, nothing. Completely stagnant along the perimeter.

That's indefensibly bad basketball with the game on the line and a superstar being - and this is the only word for it - ignored!

I can't see how there any excuses for it or how anyone can be content.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;173096 said:
But what about Stoudemire's complete exclusion? He was being guarded by Speights, whose P&R D was shocking.

Again, on those plays I mentioned, nothing. Completely stagnant along the perimeter.

That's indefensibly bad basketball with the game on the line and a superstar being - and this is the only word for it - ignored!

I can't see how there any excuses for it or how anyone can be content.

Not content about it.. Just saying it's bad execution on the part of the playerz, namely one TD. Better players and/ or more practice & increased experience executing in games can remedy the miscues.

Can we agree that w Billups @ the helm in the 4th your complaints are much less likely to make it to this thread?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Not content about it.. Just saying it's bad execution on the part of the playerz, namely one TD. Better players and/ or more practice & increased experience executing in games can remedy the miscues.

Can we agree that w Billups @ the helm in the 4th your complaints are much less likely to make it to this thread?
Well, to me, that comes down to conforming to our capabilities. Billups or no, I don't believe we're optimising on our dynamics. I still see, very clearly, not just room for adjustment, but need for it.

I get that my complaints can be irritating, but you, like myself, are a businessman aren't you broseph?

When something isn't running at premium, you do what it takes to optimise.

I don't see that with this team of yours and mine. Particularly when it's most crucial - not that that's a constant, but it needs to be addressed by the players and MD.

You speak of remedies through experience, but to me, it goes beyond that in the form of restructuring and applying to strengths outside of 'the system'.

smokes

Huge Member
Seriously we should have just taken the damn timeout but I'm happy we won the game.

Obviously TD is not yet ready to run the offense down the stretch but he can still be a scoring threat. AC has experience backing up Billups in the playoffs and we should turn to him if TD can't get it done.

TakMan

Rotation player
What happened to Shelden Williams last night? During the first 6.5 minutes he got 2 points 2 rebounds and 2 assists. Following that, he was benched for the rest of the game. Anyways the team played well for the majority of the game but appeared to choke following Billups injury. I think Carter should have had the role of playmaker as Douglas is clearly not capable of doing this....yet. Lack of movement was worrying post Billups departure. Hopefully it was a psychological breakdown rather than a lack of organisational capacity from the players on the court. Good win and well deserved based on the team's overall performance.

Funny how only some fans can harp all over MDA for defense (when the offense is clicking) but yet, harp all over MDA on a night where the offense wasn't strong after Billups got hurt; but our defense played outstanding.

This man can't win in the eyes of (won't say any names). He's always doing "something wrong".

Judge MDA on his defensive ability all day. He deserves it. But to judge or even second guess his offense? Thats laughable. Some fans honestly & truly believe they "know more" about the game of basketball than a coach being paid 6M per to coach elite NBA talent.

He's one of the 3 best offensive coaches in the NBA, & has been for quite some time. When was the last time NY finished #2 in points scored on the year?

When talking about MDA's offensive attacks, lets not speak about MDA having to "get better at optimising his teams talent/system & offensive production". Makes you out to sound like you have nothing better to complain about after a great team win, on the road, with great team defense.

Wargames

Starter
Funny how only some fans can harp all over MDA for defense (when the offense is clicking) but yet, harp all over MDA on a night where the offense wasn't strong after Billups got hurt; but our defense played outstanding.

This man can't win in the eyes of (won't say any names). He's always doing "something wrong".

Judge MDA on his defensive ability all day. He deserves it. But to judge or even second guess his offense? Thats laughable. Some fans honestly & truly believe they "know more" about the game of basketball than a coach being paid 6M per to coach elite NBA talent.

He's one of the 3 best offensive coaches in the NBA, & has been for quite some time. When was the last time NY finished #2 in points scored on the year?

When talking about MDA's offensive attacks, lets not speak about MDA having to "get better at optimising his teams talent/system & offensive production". Makes you out to sound like you have nothing better to complain about after a great team win, on the road, with great team defense.

well except for letting TD stay in at point to long I have to admit it was a good game from a coaching standpoint he opened his rotation up and played bigs for most of the game. So we won and we would probably win more if he did that more.

mafra

Legend
BIG WIN. A quasi-playoff test and we passed with flying colors. A nice win. Snaps our road losing streak. Gets us to 40 wins. But, most importantly, the team is starting to get rolling and heading in the right direction as the post season nears.

Who cares what happens now. Go 2-2. End the year 42-40. Go after it in the first round...