Let's end this NOW!

Is Billups good enough for this team for the next 1 or 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Just out of curiosity do people really think Billups would be okay with the Knicks buying him out causing him to lose roughly 12mil? Then turn around and re-sign with us for a less. I mean that is what this hypothetical scenario is based on. Don't you think he would rather go earn 2-3mil back in Denver or with a team like Miami who is closer to a title than us? Just food for thought.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Man you're dense...

Billups is not the right style for this team but as I mentioned more than once I can take a PRAGMATIC approach since there are several things this team needs. I stated:

^^That's called pragmatism dude. It's accepting less than my perceived ideal scenario in return to filling other needs. Damn dude, what is wrong with you?

P.S. That's right, I have spent post after post defending my position. I wish you had spent post after post explaining your stance instead of attacking me, simply stating I'm wrong or diverting the subject to the coach.

My only issue with you was your assessment of his skill level and how it wasn't the right fit for this team. I've given plenty of reasons why you thinking he's a shell of himself was completely false. I also told you why I though he was good enough to lead this team. Not sure how you can say I never explained my stance. Go back and paste some of my posts for prooof.

When we got Billups, you felt he would hurt the team because he wasn't a pass first PG but you were proven wrong (up until this point). All I've ever argued was that he's not washed up and can still play at a high level for this team and hep us win.

Its contradictory to to claim he isn't the right PG for this team and point out his stats to support your assertions, but then say you have no problem with him at a reduced salary. If your going to spend all that time looking up stats and referencing his career numbers to prove why you don't like him for the team then stick to your guns man. Don't flip flop because then all your going to do is point to a post and say "oh that's not true I actually said this here" blah blah blah. :smokin:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
My only issue with you was your assessment of his skill level and how it wasn't the right fit for this team. I've given plenty of reasons why you thinking he's a shell of himself was completely false. I also told you why I though he was good enough to lead this team. Not sure how you can say I never explained my stance. Go back and paste some of my posts for prooof.

As you wish:

It's the coach's job to get this right. He can easily develop plays (other than the pick and roll) to correct this issue. Or can't he?

I agree CB has been having way too many turnovers, but amare not getting the ball where he needs it should be noticed and corrected by the coach and his staff. Unfortunately we have a bunch of idiots as coaches.

There I said it!

^^First post you made on the topic in response to me. All you did was divert and blame the coach and in no way addressed my issue. Further your last sentence was a snide attempt at mocking my OP since I used "there I said it!" in my OP. So from the jump you were diverting and trying to antagonize me.

No because it all points back to coaching. Whatever you have an issue with will always go back to MDA. You don't like Billups because he's not playing that well right now but there is a way to correct that (coaching-wise). When Felton was stinking it up, did you dislike him too? Billups played a different way in DEN -- this is NY and here we take quick open shots. Right?

All i'm saying is, majority of the time any issue will point back to the coach. The same way if the team is doing well you give props to MDA it has to go the other way when things are falling apart. We all know Billups is a professional and damn good basketball player, so all it takes is some good coaching and communication by MDA to make things better.

Also, it would help if they practiced a little more.

^^Your second response even after I clearly stated this was not about the coach. 0 for 2 in actually addressing my points. You yourself even stated Billups was not playing well, you just chose to blame the coach.

So Billups, Finals MVP and one of the top PGs in the league for years isn't the right PG for this roster and coach??? Billups played great in DET and DEN but he doesn't fit with this team??? No, I think the team is just fine...It's the guy that's controlling the whole thing that's the problem. By the way, Felton thrived for about 2 months and then became average after starting out really mediocre.

How is Billups not the right PG for Amare, Melo and the rest but he works just fine with players from DET and DEN?? You sound silly man. So what hes 35. He's still better than Felton right now. Maybe not as fast but definitely a smarter and more refined basketball player.

Oh and you got it twisted...Dantoni thrived under Nash.

^^More talk about our coach and about Billups in his prime not Billups at 34. Further making a profoundly stupid point with the question "Billups played great in DET and DEN but he doesn't fit with this team" completely ignoring that not every team or player is the same. BTW, my pointing this out is what caused you to go from mildly antagonizing to outright emotional with your attacks evidenced by your next post:

lol your funny man! So only 8 games by Billups and you feel he's not the right PG for Amare. We've had over a whole season to know that Dantoni isn't the right coach for this team.

Another reason why your a comedian: When Gallo was here you gave him all types of passes (injury, age, acclimation to the league) whenever he struggled. SO why on earth are you so quick to throw a guy under the bus who has been a champion and has made teams better at the PG position?? Yes CB is 35 but he's not at the decline of a Shaq so that was a dumb comparision to begin with. CB can obviously still play at a high level.

All that BS you talking is nonsense. BOTTOM LINE IS THAT CHAUNCEY IS A PRO AND WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE THAT HE CAN'T PLAY WITH AMARE? Maybe different offensive schemes need to be implemented. Maybe Amare needs to move without the ball better. Maybe Amare prefers to be a jumpshooter at this point. My dude, your marginalizing CB to some weak PG that hasn't made a name for himself in this league. Just because you feel a player doesn't fit with 1 guy doesn't mean he's not right for the TEAM. Cmon son!!! Wake up!

I get it! You are the fanboy persident for Dantoni. Just remember you are part of a minority on here when it comes to that.

And don't try to insult my basketball knowledge because you questioning of CB already provided you an L.

^^This post was full of attacks and one of your many diversions now bringing up Gallo of all people!

So you asked me to post some of your quotes and I posted the first few. Not one time did you actually address my points! Shall I go on?

Its contradictory to to claim he isn't the right PG for this team and point out his stats to support your assertions, but then say you have no problem with him at a reduced salary. If your going to spend all that time looking up stats and referencing his career numbers to prove why you don't like him for the team then stick to your guns man. Don't flip flop because then all your going to do is point to a post and say "oh that's not true I actually said this here" blah blah blah. :smokin:

Oh and no, it is not contradictory, again it's pragmatic! I have stuck to my guns, his style is not conducive to this roster or system. That doesn't mean I can't accept him at 2-3mil if that means we can fill another big need at center. It's less than ideal but acceptable since there are plenty of things we need. More pointedly I rather Billups at 2-3mil and M. Gasol or D. JOrdan than Jared Jefferies/Turiaf and Billups at 14mil. Get it? Doubt it...

nyk_nyk

All Star
As you wish:

^^First post you made on the topic in response to me. All you did was divert and blame the coach and in no way addressed my issue. Further your last sentence was a snide attempt at mocking my OP since I used "there I said it!" in my OP. So from the jump you were diverting and trying to antagonize me.

^^Your second response even after I clearly stated this was not about the coach. 0 for 2 in actually addressing my points. You yourself even stated Billups was not playing well, you just chose to blame the coach.

^^More talk about our coach and about Billups in his prime not Billups at 34. Further making a profoundly stupid point with the question "Billups played great in DET and DEN but he doesn't fit with this team" completely ignoring that not every team or player is the same. BTW, my pointing this out is what caused you to go from mildly antagonizing to outright emotional with your attacks evidenced by your next post:

^^This post was full of attacks and one of your many diversions now bringing up Gallo of all people!

So you asked me to post some of your quotes and I posted the first few. Not one time did you actually address my points! Shall I go on?

Oh and no, it is not contradictory, again it's pragmatic! I have stuck to my guns, his style is not conducive to this roster or system. That doesn't mean I can't accept him at 2-3mil if that means we can fill another big need at center. It's less than ideal but acceptable since there are plenty of things we need. More pointedly I rather Billups at 2-3mil and M. Gasol or D. JOrdan than Jared Jefferies/Turiaf and Billups at 14mil. Get it? Doubt it...

LOL your a funny NERD. I gave you plenty of reasons why I though he was good enough to lead this team and all you did was post the other stuff in between. Your a joke man, i'm done.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
LOL your a funny NERD. I gave you plenty of reasons why I though he was good enough to lead this team and all you did was post the other stuff in between. Your a joke man, i'm done.

No I actually posted the first 4 or 5 posts of yours in their ENTIRETY. No editing, no excluding information...THE ENTIRE posts. Further I showed how you were trying to antagonize me from the very begging.

LOL at you asking me to prove what a dbag you are and then when I do so you continue to distort and deflect furthering your douschebaggery! :barf:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
How about this little gem? This is what sparked this whole sh*t.

SUPER FAIL! :teeth:

I used stats to back that up. You didn't.
Super fail.

Further this is an obvious desperate attempt to save face after being exposed as a no-nothing troll who never addressed my points. Be careful what you wish for!

nyk_nyk

All Star
I used stats to back that up. You didn't.
Super fail.

Further this is an obvious desperate attempt to save face after being exposed as a no-nothing troll who never addressed my points. Be careful what you wish for!

Save face?? Look up at the poll results you turd. LOL

EVERYONE addressed your points and you couldn't handle that nearly everyone disagreed with you. Get over yourself. Furthermore, you used stats when everyone else used general basketball knowledge to know that Billups is indeed an upgrade over Felton right now.

You lost the debate plain and simple! :gony:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Save face?? Look up at the poll results you turd. LOL

EVERYONE addressed your points and you couldn't handle that nearly everyone disagreed with you. Get over yourself. Furthermore, you used stats when everyone else used general basketball knowledge to know that Billups is indeed an upgrade over Felton right now.

You lost the debate plain and simple! :gony:

Damn dude, you are so dense a black hole would be jealous. SMH You tell me to look up at a poll that has ZERO to do with my initial points about Billups and a poll based on a hypothetical that I myself agree with. AGAIN, if we can buy out Billups, use that money for a center and turn around to resign him for cheap he is a perfectly acceptable stopgap until we find a replacement. How does me looking up at a poll that confirms my position which is on record before this emo thread was created prove anything other than people agree with MY OPINION? Again for the slow "special" posters:

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
Fair points and at 2-3 mil a year I have no problems with Billups. My issue is what we do moving forward. I would take Billups running the point another year or so at 2-3 mil if the saved money allowed us to fill other needs. A pass first PG is certainly not our only need. I just hope Amare doesn't suffer from Billups score first mentality.

I posted your first 5 posts in their entirety as proof that you were determined to IGNORE my points, not counter them but instead went on a tirade about the coach. There is a difference between addressing points with counterpoints and completely ignoring my points while stating your own assertions. I know you don't get any of this and I retract the comments about questioning your bball IQ. I have now concluded it's your actual IQ that is suffering.

Stupid is as stupid does and you be DOIN it kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid! :teeth:

I think the smartest thing we can do is resign Billups for 5mil then sign a solid center + resign Shawne Williams,sign Reggie Williams for 1mil and draft Kenneth Faried.Also if the new CBA lets us i would love to sign a player like Pietrus or Battier.

STAT1

Starter
I think the smartest thing we can do is resign Billups for 5mil then sign a solid center + resign Shawne Williams,sign Reggie Williams for 1mil and draft Kenneth Faried.Also if the new CBA lets us i would love to sign a player like Pietrus or Battier.

IMO Billups won't re-sign for $5M per I think he could get a lot more on the open market. We'll have to come at him with around $8-10M per year on a contract to get him to stay here for the longterm. I like the idea of drafting Faried he's a great energy hustle rebound guy very active around the paint I think he'd be everything we wish Jared Jeffries could be & more. But there won't be any MLE available to use this summer if we use cap space to re-sign Billups & a C so forget about guys like Battier & Pietrus.

Kiyaman

Legend
Listen........

The Knicks need "Billups" leadership next-season to guide Amare & Melo
(big-EGO) on how to form a future winning team out of this Knick franchise.

Billups is the BIG-MAN of this Knick Team now...