NY just completed our 1st of many 5 game win streaks under the Carmelo & Amare era.

NY just completed our 1st of many 5 game win streaks under the Carmelo & Amare era.

I'm just proud of NY for playing with the type of heart that could bounce back & recover from a disaster month losing 6 consecutive & 9 of 10 overall.

Beating Orlando was something to build off of. We competed against an Eastern Conf contender.

We finally beat Cleveland. That win couldn't erase the fact that we lost to the worst NBA team 3 consecutive times, but I feel it became a step in the right dirrection; a step of leaving the Cavs disaster as a thing of the past. We moved on from there.

The NJ victory was special for this team. We were down by as many as 15 & went into the half trailing by 10. We never quit & we came back focused. Played an outstanding 2nd half of basketball with defensive effort, intensity & pride during entire 2nd half.

Beating the Raptors down was nice to see. Toronto made a run, but we were simply too much for the weaker team to handle.

Last night was huge. Went into Philly & took down a strong home team fighting for the 6th seed. Excellent team defense. 2 games above .500.

He's playing like an MVP.

I'd also like to see us build off this current momentum heading into the playoffs.

We'vee worked hard for the 6th seed. I'd love to see us keep it. Amare & Billups both made it known on Monday that NY wants the 6th seed & a chance to finish with the strongest seed possible.

Amare went as far as saying "I'll do anything to get the 6th seed even if it means more minutes". Billups said we still have something to play for & Melo said he just wants to compete & continue to win our last couple of games.

I think our last 4 games are important. I wanna see us destroy Indy in the worst way; to prove that we've improved by leaps & bounds since getting swept during the home & away series. I've also hated the Pacers since the days of Reggie, Smitz & Marc Jackson.

Would love to beat NJ, just to head into the playoffs knowing that losing to weaker teams are a thing of the past.

Also hope to see us compete against both CHI & BOS.

9 game win streak heading into the playoffs? MOMENTUM.

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
I really wanna beat Indy and NJ in the next two, but it could be smart to throw the Boston game at the end of the season if it decides if we get Boston or Miami for the 2/3 seed.

I'm ready for both teams. BOS may have a good defense, but it's not great anymore; not without Perkins & now Shaq. Kristic & J.O'Neal can't compare to Perkins.

Now Boston does have a productive offense but they rank lower than 20th & even lower than the BULLS in PPG.

Melo seriously has the ability to DOMINATE Pierce. Pierce is an aging veteran who's smart, but he's no match for Melo anymore.

Amare Stoudemire & KG would have an all out war. But if Amare could dominate a much younger Duncan (compared to KG's age as of right now) during the playoffs, putting up damn near 40+? There is no telling what Amare could do to KG. KG averages well over 20 PPG this year. Just not the same as his Minny or even early Boston days.

Allen averages like 13 points per game. I think Fields + TD23 could give Allen a real fight.

Billups is a warrior. He won't back down from Rondo. If Billups, TD23 & Carter can just CONTAIN Rondo? We win that series. Way too much offense & youth in NY's favor.

I don't feat BOS anymore.

What scares me about Boston is there bench because there is no doubt in my mind Billups, Fields, Melo & Amare will give Rondo, Allen, Pierce & KG an all out war. If ATL (Who is no where near as good as the Hawks of today) could push a much younger Boston 7 games... I know we can not only compete against Boston (without Perkins) but also eliminate em.

The only thing I fear is their bench with Big Baby Davis, Green & J.O'Neal. But with the way our bench is performing? I now feel TD23, Turiaf, Walker, Shawne, Carter (veteran) & even JJ can compete with that bench. There is also no doubt in my mind that Shelden can bang & compete with Kristic @ the 5. Kristic is nothing compared to Perkins & nothing to write home about on offensive scoring.

Well, I wouldn't wanna see us quit on the 6th seed. I think we can beat both the Pacers & Nets without Billups & Amare; having the offense go through Carmelo. We need both Billups & Amare back for CHI & BOS to shake off the rust from the injuries.

C- Shelden / JJ / Brown
PF- Turiaf / JJ / Brown
SF- Melo / Shawne
SG- Fields / Walker
PG- Douglas / Carter

Wouldn't be easy but I think we could pull it off vs Indy & NJ.