NBA.com's Poll

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Which NBA player will be the star of the Olympics?

marbury is not an option.. why would they leave him out? :?

www.nba.com

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Duncan would be the obvious choice; however, I think teams will collapse on him so much that he won't be as effective...the star will be the player that shoots it during the "big" games...I am putting my $$$ on AI

WiL8000

Rotation player
Same here, I think Iverson will be the player that steps up for the USA, that clutch shot was spectacular.

newmove

Rotation player
Word. I'm there for AI as well. Who's got the bigger heart than Allen Iverson?

How could Steph be off the list?!

jayp

Benchwarmer
well, i think he is not on the list because of the role that was given to him by the coaching staff.. he is the only PG on the team and it's his job to distribute the ball and make plays, if you notice in the exibition games he rarely looks for his own shots and it's a big adjustment for him.. Larry Brown even said that he was hardest on Steph the most because of that reason..

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i think iverson is important but i think marbury is the most important piece in da team....they dont got a true point guard besides marbury

newmove

Rotation player
I disagree. AI's the first option undisputed.
I don't mean that Steph ain't important - hell no! He IS important, very important but just not as important as Allen is.

AI is a pure shooter, he gives it all every single game. Just think of his tremendous D against Germany. And then his clutch ability.

I'd rate Steph as #3 option on the team. He prooved he can run such a great team as US National Olympic team and that means a lot. Huge respect for him. I'm proud he plays for our New York Knicks.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i think its tim. he is the only big man on our team. and i feel real comfortable when he has the ball because he can over power almost ever 1 else.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
AI is a pure shooter, he gives it all every single game. Just think of his tremendous D against Germany. And then his clutch ability.

marbury is almost as good a shooter as ai and also leaves it all on the court, i also think his on court awarenessa nd judgement is better. as far as being clutch hes as clutch as it gets

newmove

Rotation player
Many people many thoughts. Though Stephon has never achieved anything of what Allen did. No disrespect for him but AI's better player.
But hell, I'm so glad we have Starbury on the team!

jayp

Benchwarmer

No disrespect to AI but i wouldn't consider him as a pure shooter.. i consider him a scorer (ie Kobe, TMac, even Steph).. Shooters are different (ie Peja, Ray Ray, Redd)

newmove

Rotation player
jayp said:
No disrespect to AI but i wouldn't consider him as a pure shooter.. i consider him a scorer (ie Kobe, TMac, even Steph).. Shooters are different (ie Peja, Ray Ray, Redd)
Well he's a different shooter than Ray or Peja. But he is a shooter. He can create himself an open shot whenever he wants. That's shooting.

JJtheKnick

Starter
AI has to take leader ship because this looks like a team that is getting together at a park and playing for the first time. i know they havent played much together but have to have team work otherwise we are as good as gone.