Dan Gadzuric
Brook Lopez

Toney Douglas

Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony
Shelden Williams
Ronny Turiaf

Game Preview:
The New York Knicks have won five in a row to move into the No. 6 position in the Eastern Conference, but they?ll have to try to extend their streak with Amare Stoudemire(notes) watching in street clothes.
They?ve already won once in New Jersey without him.
That came two months ago in their only game without Stoudemire, and the Knicks again will be missing their All-Star big man when they look to complete a season sweep of the also-short-handed Nets on Friday night.
It was getting awfully tough to take New York (40-38) seriously as a postseason contender after six straight defeats from March 18-26, but the team has responded with five consecutive wins.
The first four came at Madison Square Garden before Wednesday night?s trip to Philadelphia, where the winner would have the inside track for the East?s sixth seed. The Knicks blew a 19-point lead in the second half after Chauncey Billups(notes) left in the third quarter with a bruised right thigh, and Stoudemire exited in the fourth with an ankle injury, but they emerged with a 97-92 victory.
Toney Douglas(notes) scored seven points in the final 1:47, and Carmelo Anthony(notes) hit a late 3-pointer to finish with 31 points.
?We?re keeping the momentum going, we?re keeping the streak going,? said Anthony, who also had 11 rebounds. ?We wanted to win. I don?t really care about (the) six or seven (seed).?
To further extend their longest streak since winning a season-high eight in a row from Nov. 28-Dec. 12, the Knicks must win without Stoudemire. Coach Mike D?Antoni said the team will be cautious after Stoudemire?s sprained left ankle swelled up since Wednesday?s game.
Billups is expected to start Friday despite his injury.
He and Stoudemire aren?t the only two big names banged up heading into this game. Nets star point guard Deron Williams(notes) is out for the season following Friday?s wrist surgery.
New Jersey starters Anthony Morrow(notes) (knee) and Kris Humphries(notes) (foot) also missed Wednesday?s 116-109 loss at Detroit.
The only previous game Stoudemire has missed in a New York uniform came because of a toe injury Feb. 12 in New Jersey, 10 days before Billups and Anthony arrived. The Knicks made just 21 of 52 (40.4 percent) shots from inside the arc but hit 16 of 34 (47.1 percent) from 3-point range in a 105-95 win.
?They lived and died with it,? Nets coach Avery Johnson said after the loss. ?And they lived.?
Douglas had 19 points off the bench in that game.
Stoudemire scored 35 in a 111-100 win over New Jersey (24-54) at MSG on Nov. 30, while Anthony had 39 and Billups 33 in a 120-116 victory there March 30.
One thing the Knicks haven?t done against the Nets is find a way to stop Brook Lopez(notes). The third-year center has averaged 27.0 points in the series, though he?s managed to grab only 18 total rebounds in the three games.
Lopez had a career-high 39 points Wednesday at Detroit, but he didn?t have much help with Mario West(notes) and Dan Gadzuric(notes) starting in the frontcourt. Still, Jordan Farmar(notes), who had 18 points and 11 assists, was pleased with his team?s effort.
?Guys played hard tonight,? Farmar said. ?We don?t have a lot of games left and playoffs are out of the question, but guys are still coming out here and competing and playing down to the wire.?
Of the Nets? injured starters, Morrow is believed to have the best chance to play Friday.-yahoo

nba-2k11-logo.jpg

Player 2 Watch
nba2k112011-03-2109-30-25-60.jpg

PG-Agent 007
Guy has to dominate. with no Stat and Chauncey we really have no one capable of making their own offense. To that I say.... someone has to do it.:cool:

Check This Out:
The Knicks and Nets since 2000 have had a somewhat weird pattern concerning the playoffs. Besides the years 2004, both teams have not made the playoffs the same year the other did:
2000-New York
2001-New York
2002-New Jersey
2003-New Jersey
2004-New York,New Jersey
2005-New Jersey
2006-New Jersey
2007-New Jersey
2008-None
2009-None
2010-None
2011-New York
What's Even worse is, in The New York area, Neither team has won a title for in over 38 years!(4 trips to the NBA Finals:2NY,2NJ)

Prediction:
With so many players missing I have no idea, but this is the time we can call the team The New York Melo's.

Funny Pic Of The Day:
danilo-gallinari1.jpg

Watch Game Here:
www.p2p4u.net
or MSG!!!!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I suppose this game will mean a lot to Skywalker, as we all know Amare is supposed to sit on the bench to get some rest, so I hope we're all gonna see Bill starting and getting some more minutes. :)
Probably also Brown will get some more playing time as well.

Another big game for NY. Can't lose to a depleated NJ team without Williams. They're horrible to begin with. Without or without the wrist injury, I'm so thankful we went after Melo instead of D-Will. Now that D-Will is injured & out for the year? LMAO @ any Knicks fan who questioned the trade after we landed a top 3-5 NBA Star.

Speaking of the Nets. I feel bad for the New Jersey fans. They better enjoy this year & next year with everything they have; because come 2012? The NBA won't be the same as they once knew it. Losing their franchise to their hated rivals of New York. lol kind of funny but sad @ the same time. Say bye-bye to NBA basketball. Nothing like the Jets & Giants situation. They won't be called "New Jersey" anymore. Thats the difference bettween NY & "NJ", you cant compare the two. The Nets will lose every or just about every long time Nets fan come 2012. No real & true Knicks fan will ever leave the Knicks for the "Brooklyn Nets". Spike is from Brooklyn & said he'll never do so much as root NJ

NY17

Benchwarmer
Another big game for NY. Can't lose to a depleated NJ team without Williams. They're horrible to begin with. Without or without the wrist injury, I'm so thankful we went after Melo instead of D-Will. Now that D-Will is injured & out for the year? LMAO @ any Knicks fan who questioned the trade after we landed a top 3-5 NBA Star.

Speaking of the Nets. I feel bad for the New Jersey fans. They better enjoy this year & next year with everything they have; because come 2012? The NBA won't be the same as they once knew it. Losing their franchise to their hated rivals of New York. lol kind of funny but sad @ the same time. Say bye-bye to NBA basketball. Nothing like the Jets & Giants situation. They won't be called "New Jersey" anymore. Thats the difference bettween NY & "NJ", you cant compare the two. The Nets will lose every or just about every long time Nets fan come 2012. No real & true Knicks fan will ever leave the Knicks for the "Brooklyn Nets". Spike is from Brooklyn & said he'll never do so much as root NJ

Melo is not a top 3-5 superstar. For this year, I agree Melo is a better option...but I would not sacrifice the future for one year. D-Will is the better player at a more important position.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Melo is not a top 3-5 superstar. For this year, I agree Melo is a better option...but I would not sacrifice the future for one year. D-Will is the better player at a more important position.

Again with this? I don't care what the stats say, we've got one of the best players in the league and a man who can close out against anyone. Keep D-Will if it means losing that (not that it would ever happen). There's no PG in the game that is more important to Melo to this team in the future, CP3 and D-Will could be as important, that's about it.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Again with this? I don't care what the stats say, we've got one of the best players in the league and a man who can close out against anyone. Keep D-Will if it means losing that (not that it would ever happen). There's no PG in the game that is more important to Melo to this team in the future, CP3 and D-Will could be as important, that's about it.

I never said he wasn't one of the top players in the league, I just said he wasn't top 5.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I never said he wasn't one of the top players in the league, I just said he wasn't top 5.

On his day, he's top 1. Ask LeBron.

You can keep your stat makers in the reg season, Melo is gonna prove it where it matters most.

I'm calling for Melo's first 45-50 point game tonight. Without Amare this offense is going through Melo & I'm looking for Melo to EXPLODE on a weak Nets team. One thing is for sure, I hate to be without Amare & Billups but I'm excited to see our depth players get a chance in TD23, Shelden, Turiaf, Carter & Brown should even get some burn time. Looking for Fields to produce on offense tonight.

NY17

Benchwarmer
On his day, he's top 1. Ask LeBron.

Consistency is an important attribute to being a top player, so it doesn't matter what he can be on a particular day. On his day, JR Smith can be the best scorer in the league...does that make him even a top 30 player?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Consistency is an important attribute to being a top player, so it doesn't matter what he can be on a particular day. On his day, JR Smith can be the best scorer in the league...does that make him even a top 30 player?

It does if he's doing it in the playoffs. I'm not saying Melo should dive in the reg season, just not bothered if he's the top of the stats charts as long as he steps up when it matters most.

NY17

Benchwarmer
It does if he's doing it in the playoffs. I'm not saying Melo should dive in the reg season, just not bothered if he's the top of the stats charts as long as he steps up when it matters most.

I hear you there, there's no doubt he's a beast in the playoffs, a top 3 scorer, and one of the superstars of this league, I just can't put him in my top 5, that's all. (In no order) Kobe Lebron Wade Howard Durant Deron Rose Paul I have those players ahead of Melo, and then I have Melo right after along with Dirk.

Guys... You DO know that NYK17 (NJN17) is really a NETS fan from the Jets site who hates anything & everything about the Knicks RIGHT? Ahaha it's funny. On the Jets site he goes by the name of "624". I actually made that thread about the Nets fans because I seen he was online and ahaha he fell for the bait. On the Jets site, he ALWAYS corrected me when I made it known Melo was a top 5 player. He ALWAYS said "he wasn't". I'll post links later, just send me a PM for em. You'll laugh. And here he is... Quoting my each and every post again. Making it "known" his favorite D-Will is "better than Melo". On the Jets site he was talking about my post count in gameday threads 3 nights ago the SAME night he talked about my post count on here. Send me a PM lol I'll send you the link (already have em saved). 624 is NJN17 who joined right after me to quote my every post ahahahah. NJN17 (624) is also online @ TGG right now talking about me ahahah. Just PM me guys funny reads.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Guys... You DO know that NYK17 (NJN17) is really a NETS fan from the Jets site who hates anything & everything about the Knicks RIGHT? Ahaha it's funny. On the Jets site he goes by the name of "624". I actually made that thread about the Nets fans because I seen he was online and ahaha he fell for the bait. On the Jets site, he ALWAYS corrected me when I made it known Melo was a top 5 player. He ALWAYS said "he wasn't". I'll post links later, just send me a PM for em. You'll laugh. And here he is... Quoting my each and every post again. Making it "known" his favorite D-Will is "better than Melo". On the Jets site he was talking about my post count in gameday threads 3 nights ago the SAME night he talked about my post count on here. Send me a PM lol I'll send you the link (already have em saved). 624 is NJN17 who joined right after me to quote my every post ahahahah. NJN17 (624) is also online @ TGG right now talking about me ahahah. Just PM me guys funny reads.

What the **** is this pile of shit? I'm just going to look past the fact that it looks like a 12 year old girl typed this, and hope you will stop trying to de-rail another thread with your false accusations. It's sad that you are so homerish and insecure you have to make up stuff about another poster when we don't agree with your childish sports opinions.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer

Are you kidding me with this???? GTFOH!!!

ahahahaha guys... I just saved his NJ Net posts about Melo not being a top 5 player ahahahahahahahahahah

624 (NYK17 aka NJN17) ALSO has Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Howard, Williams, Rose & Paul... ALL ahead of Melo ahaha & to make it worse? In THAT EXACT SPECIFIC order.... Too funny. Send me the PM's asking for links & you'll die laughing @ the clown ass creep all night!

smokes

Huge Member
ahahahaha guys... I just saved his NJ Net posts about Melo not being a top 5 player ahahahahahahahahahah

624 (NYK17 aka NJN17) ALSO has Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Howard, Williams, Rose & Paul... ALL ahead of Melo ahaha & to make it worse? In THAT EXACT SPECIFIC order.... Too funny. Send me the PM's asking for links & you'll die laughing @ the clown ass creep all night!

I already looked on TGG.com and saw that thread. Funny reading.

Don't think there's any real proof NY17 and 624 are the same person though.

What I found hilarious was those guys bashing you for posting too much, some of them had close to 20,000 posts hahahaha!! They are like the worst kind of nerdragers I've ever seen. Creating multiple accounts here and worrying about getting banned because it would ruin their evening of cyber-bullying!

The guys over there definitely lead fulfilling lives when their idea of a night of fun is to follow some random guy around the internet harrassing him :lol:

Yes he is serious... He's a NJ Nets fan guys. Not that we don't already know that to begin with. He's just angry I always laughed @ him because his team was leaving him for Brooklyn. He cant stand it & he also hates the fact we landed a top 5 star. Remember that thread those trolls made asking me..."KnicksFanFromQueens please list your top 10 players & where does Rubio rank"? Ahahah he's one of em thats still left. Just send me the PM's & I'll send you...(from the Nets-Jets site)

Him (624) talking about my post & gameday count on here & over there on THE same night. His exact top 10 rankings. (Melo not in the top 8). Him going on & on how D-Will "is the better player" when compared to TOP 5 Melo. Post's of 624 saying all of "KO turned on Queens" ahaha I have over 20 posts of him talking exactly what he does over there as well as over here. Already sent 4 people the links. Message me & I'll send you all the links to aha

TakMan

Rotation player
Guys... You DO know that NYK17 (NJN17) is really a NETS fan from the Jets site who hates anything & everything about the Knicks.................................................................................................................................................................................

You've mentioned this before me thinks. I just can't remember if it was on every other thread or whether you missed one. Look if this guy's spending this much time on you then you should feel honoured that someone's taking time out of his life to grab your attention. He may well be a NJN fan as well. Honestly I don't give a flying **** what the deal is. Most of us here joined the forum to discuss basketball and the Knicks in particular. Is it too much to request that you do the same on threads that are topic related. The two of you are more than welcome to fight it out via private messages.

As for Williams....I think he's a brilliant PG, but he aint got nothing on Anthony. Don't think anyone would have Williams on their team over Anthony. Carter and Douglas should start today.

NY17

Benchwarmer

That's why I said "in no order" right? PM me if you want with your stupidity, I don't want to hijack this game thread into another one of your attention whoring threads, desperately seeking people to PM you and falsely calling other poster's out.

Funny you seen the same thing Smokes. And yes he IS 624. I have the link but just go back to where NJN17 went in 5 gameday threads & counted my each & every post during those gameday threads to come up with an average of like 11. On that same night? He was telling all of TGG my post count was 11 & also ranks the top 9 in the same exact order over there & over here. Where they do that at? Ahahah. Also, I seen him admit he was NYK17 over there & when I called him out over here, he went over there & quickly edited that post. He joined right after me & trolls my every post just like 624 does (or did before I left) @ TGG. And sorry TakMan... Your right. I won't talk about the little Nets creep anymore. I just want everyone to know & understand he's a NJ Nets troll who hates the Knicks & joined right after I did to stalk me over his computer. Already sent out 9 PM's of links. Keep the requests coming ;-)

now lets kick some NJ ass!