Knicks @ Nets: Battle: New York

smokes

Huge Member
Is it just me that thinks JJ has been coming under too much fire these last couple of days?

I'm not saying he should be playing over Turiaf or Shelden (although Turiaf really is just an energy/hustle player) but he has come up with some big plays for us the last few games.

Some nice second chance points, he looks a lot more confident going to the rim now too.

TakMan

Rotation player
Is it just me that thinks JJ has been coming under too much fire these last couple of days?

I'm not saying he should be playing over Turiaf or Shelden (although Turiaf really is just an energy/hustle player) but he has come up with some big plays for us the last few games.

Some nice second chance points, he looks a lot more confident going to the rim now too.

I've stuck up for him in previous threads. It's clear for everyone to see the Knicks got him to perform a specific task and that task wasn't offence. Despite the constant blank look on his face, he must be quite smart based on his defensive plays and positioning. That layup of his wasn't a foul either.

I like JJ. He's a good piece for a championship contender. He knows his role as nothing more than a high energy role player & those guys are hard to come by. JJ would become a much better asset with the addition of a true Center (Gasol, Jordan etc etc) & another backup PF (Faried maybe)? He would then be able to become more of a pure perimeter defender (which he's best at). Yes, he's been thrown under the fire by NY fans, but nothing compared to how he's been thrown into the fire of trying to defend the C position when he's not even a natural PF. More of a SF-PF combo.

24 point lead after 3? lol. Game pretty much over. NJ hasn't even scored 25 in two consecutive quarters. Score 7-8 points & this game is more than over.. It's done with until we bury em again next yeah lmao. Time to rest all the starters ;-) 96 after 3? Without Amare? Wow.

Well, this game is over ;-) already cant wait to crush NJ & sweep em against next year!

On a side note: Toronto CAME BACK vs Philly & last I checked they were only down two! Would be huge to have a full 1.5 lead over the 6ers + the tie breaker right?

A little upset Fields only had 5 tonight after putting up 5 in the first but at least he put up like 8 or 9 boards. We played excellent team defense tonight though. Other than Lopez going off in the 1st; we've shut Brooklyn down.

Anyone with half a noodle had to know what adding Melo would eventually mean for our offense. Scary thing is he is just tapping into right now. Each game he gets better. Honestly, who is playing better.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Haven't seen KnicksFanSince92 either lol

Don't worry tho, the next time the Knicks have a subpar game, those folks (they know who they are) will be back to tell us how people in Denver were lining up to buy plane tickets for Melo and his family to ship them outta town. Because they "recognized" how selfish he was, etc.

Then they'll also tell us that those viewpoints are legit because they realized that the Knicks couldn't sign two max contracts without moving Jeffries and getting an expiring in return....you know...because math = being right about everything, all the time.