Well it looks like the RANGERS may be IN to!!!

miked1958

Rotation player
Its to early to celebrate yet but today the Rangers Defeated the Devils in an afternoon game 5-2. That was all they could do, win their 82nd game and still not know if they will be in the playoffs or sitting home again like last year when they were 1pt shy of making it. It comes down to a TB Lighting team with nothing to play for with their playoff spot set in stone, playing a REDHOT Carolina team. Win and the Canes tie the rangers in the standings but win the tiebreakers. Well as of late in the 2nd period with about 3min left, TB is up 4-1 on the Canes!!!!. So it looks like maybe both the Knicks and the Rangers will get rid of the Ghosts in their closets in the same season and both make the playoffs.

Will update in the 3rd period.....

Also when I last checked the Wizards were whipping the Hawks by 15pts. If we win out and they lose out ===== 5th spot...

Last edited:

miked1958

Rotation player
2nd period almost over. same score. It will be justice if TB holds on. how can a team with 3 less wins make the playoffs over us... The new rule was made bec a shootout decided a playoff spot last year when we lost out. SO the rule was changed and now this year it could screw us.. lol. A rule that was put in effect in essence bec of us, could keep us out of the playoffs should the Canes make a comeback tonight and wind up with 41 wins (36 in reg) to our 44 wins (35 in reg). Lets hope it does not come to that.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
This team are the sleepers. They can beat anyone on their day and when they lose it's usually close. They have the same quality as this Knicks team in that if they don't need to win or want to make a statement they won't but when they need to win, they will.

There are a lot of better teams out there throughout the season obviously, more so than in the NBA but I can't and won't write off this team.

Islanders are my first team, the Oilers are my second team but I always support the Rangers for the NY, MSG link and I will be doing so again this year .... I hope.