Knicks @ Pacers:Phuck Your Pace Indiana!

la2ny

Starter
la2ny.jpg

Presents: Phuck Your Pace Indiana!
Untitled-1-5.png

(41-38)
VS
PacematesLogo1.jpg

(37-43)
April 10th 2011
7:00p.m. EST
Indianapolis,Indiana
Conseco Fieldhouse​

Music For 2day

lineup.png

Darren Collison
Paul George
Danny Granger
Tyler Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert

Chauncey Billups
Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony
Shelden Williams
Jared Jeffries

ESPN Game Preview:
nic3.jpg

The New York Knicks and Indiana Pacers are postseason-bound, though New York's first-round opponent remains in doubt.
So does the status of Amare Stoudemire.
The Knicks may not have Stoudemire for a second straight game when they visit the Pacers looking for their seventh consecutive victory Sunday night.
New York (41-38) has clinched its first playoff berth since 2003-04 and will face Boston or Miami, which are battling for the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference. With a victory over Indiana, the Knicks can move a game ahead of seventh-place Philadelphia with two to play and would clinch the conference record tiebreaker over the 76ers.
New York earned a split of the season series with Philadelphia by winning 97-92 on Monday.
Stoudemire, however, suffered a sprained ankle in that game and missed a 116-93 win over New Jersey on Friday. With the Knicks having wrapped up a playoff spot, coach Mike D'Antoni may elect to rest Stoudemire, who was on the bench in a walking boot, against Indiana.
Carmelo Anthony scored 25 points and grabbed 14 rebounds versus the Nets, while Chauncey Billups added 22 points. Anthony made two of the Knicks' 15 3-pointers and has 46 in 25 games for New York after making 42 in 50 games with Denver.
" ... I think (the fans are) excited about me shooting the 3-ball right now," Anthony said. "They see it's going in, my teammates are excited about that, I'm excited that I'm making that shot right now. So it's fun."
While the Knicks' playoff situation is unsettled, the Pacers' is set. Indiana (37-43) is locked into the eighth seed and will face Chicago in the first round.

4494981731_0d1c93837f.jpg

Indiana is surging toward the postseason, winning five of six. Darren Collison scored 16 points and added 10 assists in a 114-102 victory over Atlanta on Friday, a game after he had 15 points and 11 assists in a win over Washington.
The point guard has shot 71 percent from the field over the last six games.
"We're trying to head to the playoffs with a little more momentum," Collison said. "We're a young team. We just can't take games off and expect to turn it on."
Collison has played well against the Knicks this season, averaging 20.7 points -- 7.5 above his season average -- and 7.7 assists in the three meetings. He had 24 points and nine assists in the most recent matchup, a 119-117 victory March 15, and scored 22 in a 98-92 loss at New York on Jan. 2.
Danny Granger, who scored a game-high 28 points against the Hawks, hit the winning shot with 0.3 seconds remaining March 15. Granger sat out a 106-93 win at New York two days earlier due to the flu.
The forward turned in his highest-scoring performance in more than two weeks Friday and gave Collison some of the credit.
"Darren has done a good job of being a pass-first point guard," Granger said. "He has an ability to score, so sometimes he'll look to score first. When he becomes that pass-first point guard, he can rack up 10 assists every night."
The Pacers have won five in a row and seven of eight at home.

Check This Out:
With 41 wins, the Knicks have clinched at least a .500 finish this season, which would be the first time the team was at least .500 since the 2000-01 season (48-34). The win over the Nets also completed the season sweep over the Hudson River rivals, which the Knicks haven't accomplished since the 1997-98 season.
When the Memphis Grizzlies clinched the final playoff berth in the West on Friday, thus eliminating the ninth-place Houston Rockets from playoff contention, it made the Knicks' salary cap-motivated trade for Tracy McGrady from Feb. 2010 look a lot better. Why? Along with trading their 2012 first round pick to the Rockets as part of the deal, the Knicks gave Houston the right to swap first round picks in 2011. But despite potentially finishing with a better record than the Knicks, the Rockets will be in the lottery while the playoff-bound Knicks will automatically get a later selection.

Prediction:
Knicks win 94-90

Knick Quote Of The Night
"I'm not used to being cheered on the road. It was great."
—Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, about the crowd at Newark's Prudential Center and yet another road game that included a large and boisterous contingent of Knicks fans.

Funny Pic Of The Day:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
=
Danilo-Gallinari.jpg

Watch Game Here:
www.p2p4u.net
MSG
or NBATV!!!!

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Nice thread!

Ahhhh a thread with sane discussion and if coach makes a mistake we can comment without 5 posts in a row telling us that MDA doesn't make mistakes he had a 60 win team he only lost because of the dynsasty Spurs and he plays the most players of every coach in the league and the team is rebuilding :lol:

Miami doing well against Boston right now another first for me, cheering on Miami.... I feel dirty.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm gonna need Derrick to get some mins tonight, not only because he's exciting and deserves some minutes to showcase his skills and what he can bring to the team....no....it's because I picked him up in my fantasy basketball league, where I'm dominating the championship matchup, and renamed the team DB2 will Poopoo on U.

Come on Mike, play that man.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Nice thread la2ny!

Billups will have his hands full w Collison.

We also need to do a respectable job on the glass.

Looking foward to tnites offering of Melo dominance..

I used to call him Melo Yellow 'cause of his personality, but he's acclimating well and been a team player for the most part.

His defense and passing have been better since his Denver days also.

He's proven me, one of his cautious doubters, wrong thus far and that's just fine.:thumbsup:

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Nice thread la2ny!

Billups will have his hands full w Collison.

We also need to do a respectable job on the glass.

Looking foward to tnites offering of Melo dominance..

I used to call him Melo Yellow 'cause of his personality, but he's acclimating well and been a team player for the most part.

His defense and passing have been better since his Denver days also.

He's proven me, one of his cautious doubters, wrong thus far and that's just fine.:thumbsup:

agreed.! maybe well see billups and douglas on the court at the same time tonight so douglas can help out with collison. if thats possible.

Zylx

Benchwarmer
I think the key matchup here will be Billups v.s Collison. You got a young point guard that is going to taste playoffs for the first time against a savy veteran in Billups. Should be interesting to watch. Lets get the win boys :peace:

(First time poster too :/)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nice thread!

Ahhhh a thread with sane discussion and if coach makes a mistake we can comment without 5 posts in a row telling us that MDA doesn't make mistakes he had a 60 win team he only lost because of the dynsasty Spurs and he plays the most players of every coach in the league and the team is rebuilding :lol:

Miami doing well against Boston right now another first for me, cheering on Miami.... I feel dirty.

Won't it be a sigh of relief!:lol:

Chicago and Miami have both destroyed Boston's offence by shutting down Ray Allen.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think the key matchup here will be Billups v.s Collison. You got a young point guard that is going to taste playoffs for the first time against a savy veteran in Billups. Should be interesting to watch. Lets get the win boys :peace:

(First time poster too :/)

Not a bad first post at all sir..

Keep it up. :smokin:

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;173847 said:
Won't it be a sigh of relief!:lol:

Chicago and Miami have both destroyed Boston's offence by shutting down Ray Allen.

I forgot we want Boston to win though. This is all so confusing. Though I have a feeling Boston won't make the 2nd seed considering they have to play us and they are losing this one.

Shame.

Nice thread!

grab a coke and smile :beer:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Anybody watching the masters?

Pretty good leader board going..

Woods tied at -10 w Cabrera, Scott and some dude named Swartzel..

Golf looks sooooo gorgeous on the plasma screen.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah I'm watching it. He got a share of the lead but dropped a couple of pretty easy birdies he could easily be 2 shots ahead right now.

I doubt he'll win it but it would be a shocker for sure.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Nice thread la2ny!
Looking forward to the Melo and Billups show tonight. I truly believe the Knicks will come out guns a blazing tonight. (fingers crossed)

I also would love to see more of D Brown tonight...

An interesting tidbit also..The Knicks are 18-21 on the road -- the most road victories since going 18-23 in the 2000-01 campaign. New York hasn't won 19 road games in a season since a 26-15 mark in 1996-97.

Let's get that 19th road win tonight!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yeah I'm watching it. He got a share of the lead but dropped a couple of pretty easy birdies he could easily be 2 shots ahead right now.
I doubt he'll win it but it would be a shocker for sure.

Yea, he's missed quite a few makable putts.

Poor Rory.. Kid had the lead before he teed off.:boohoo: