We Return: Knicks @ Boston - Sun, April 17 @ 7:00pm

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
our needs are a defensive big man and a defensive sg to balance the offense. if we get paul, we have no flexability for a quality big or sg (unless we rely on fields' development) go after howard. if orlando gets embarrassed this post season, its his best bet to come to new york for his chance at a ring.

if you still think that

paul
melo
amare

is a better big 3 for the knicks than

melo
amare
howard

then you are blind

Does Howard even want to come here???

I hear you toons, but you got people on here saying we need to get Deandre Jordan and Marc Gasol over Paul.. smh

If we have a real shot at Howard then that's different. But I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect him to come here. All indications are that he would go to the Lakers thus far.

Paul has clearly stated that he wants to be here.

Oh yeah and how's Howard doing against the Hawks??

Sage

Rotation player
Still so gutted, we had that one in the bag. Now I got a bad feeling we're gonna get smashed in game 2.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i see both aquisitions unrealitic honestly

paul is second or on my list of almost available players.

players like howard come once every 5-10 years

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
All and all. There are many positives to take from this game: Turiaf, Melo's off game, Amare's dominance of Boston's bigs, our defense tnite.

Looking forward to game 2. :gony:

p0nder

Starter
yeah, time out situation was ****ed. leaving the game up to the refs is a killer. in boston we need to be up by like 10+ by crunch time. these guys are pro's at getting calls. lots to be encouraged about tho. i think we have a really good defense effort going. douglas could turn out to turn it on in the rest of the series. i think melo will figure his shit out before next game, he is clutch, i think those early fouls took his head out of the game.

Amar'e is a beast and is going to destroy jermaine o'neil and kg. hoping that shaq can't come back 100%. If billups is out i think it might serve us better in this series where we can actually win with a good defensive effort and more plays done with motion.

mafra

Legend
melo - 5 for 18

cant win like this.

amare 12 for 18 and gets no touches late in the quarter

Ultimately, 'Melo lost the game. Terrible 2nd half and a brutal 4th quarter. A missed free throw, a turnover, missing shot after shot.

MD also proved once again... He's a below average coach and a liability in the final minutes of games. How do we not have a BIG protecting the basket? Anyway...

GIVE ALLEN CREDIT. He hit that shot (did MD make thr mistake having a rookie on a HOF). That was the game winner.

BUT, the refs certainly made an impact. They alowed BOS to get physical in the 3rd. Changed the way the game was called, then switched back to calling ticky-tack calls down the stretch. Calling a foul on TD (giving Allen a 3-point play) on barely-hardly any contact, then not calling the same thing the following possession when Amar'e drove to the hoops and was hacked... HOW IS THIS CONSISTENT?

And then to decide the game on a 50/50 questionable call 28 feet away from the basket? Then again... blame coach. Rivers didn't design a play to bury the ball on the wing, elbow-extended... MD did though.

Anyway, all we need is the split. Maybe we win Game 2.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
i see both aquisitions unrealitic honestly

paul is second or on my list of almost available players.

players like howard come once every 5-10 years

So do players like Paul.

But I distinctly remember you saying we need a big and a shooting guard over Paul. That I don't agree w. Now you're throwing Howard at me. But would Howard be more impactful on THIS team??

Paul elevates guys. W Paul you can live w Landrys and Arizas in your starting lineup. You can live w having an offensively challenged, undersized big in Okeafor and still give the Lakers fits. He controls everything so nicely and makes his teammates better.

W Paul we could live w Walker as our 2 and Turiaf as our C, w Amare and Melo. We'd be a championship contender w that lineup IMO. Easily.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Im sorry but I cant get over that BS CALL AT THE END ON MELO!!!!!!

MAN IM SOOOOO P*SSED I WANNA THROW MY LAPTOP THROUGH THE FRIGGIN FLAT SCREEN RIGHT NOW! :****off:

KingCharles34

All Star
CP3 is still my first pick, Billups + Fields + Others + Draft Picks at 2012 Trade Deadline

Id almost be willing to be on this, I called it all along with Melo too. I knew at some point he'd definitely be a Knick and I think its likely with Paul too. Those guys weren't playin when they made that toast

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
CP3 is still my first pick, Billups + Fields + Others + Draft Picks at 2012 Trade Deadline

Id almost be willing to be on this, I called it all along with Melo too. I knew at some point he'd definitely be a Knick and I think its likely with Paul too. Those guys weren't playin when they made that toast

You trade anybody not named Amare and Melo for Paul, confidently.. and you don't look back.

Wargames

Starter
we lost the game and people are talking about Chris Paul ..... :rolleyes:

come on lets get off of that Paul would be great in the future. but we got out rebounded by one of the worse rebounding teams in the league. We need a traditional big....

Wargames

Starter
Also WTF happened out there..... we had a safe lead with 38 seconds left and we let those bastards get a friggin Alleyoop... :barf: then I had to spend about an hour defending the Knicks to all my non Knick fan friends.....

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think you should check out what howard did against the hawks before typing something like this. lol

Yes, but did he make anyone around him better?? Did his team win?

I meant how Howard's team did against the Hawks, not individually.