That ****ing ref better sleep with one eye open

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
You don't take the ****ing game out of the players hands with that offensive call on Carmelo. There was no elbow. He's battling for position. Pierce flopped like the bitch he is. Let's get em game 2.

Sage

Rotation player
I'm still fuming over that call, what a load of rubbish!

It's the playoffs, let the players play.

finestrg

Rotation player
It's gotta be one of the worst calls I've ever seen in a basketball game, college or pro given the situation of the game. EVER. You're gonna call an offensive foul on our best player over 20' from the basket as he's trying to get the ball with this Pierce jackoff all over him, pushing on him, etc. ?????? Pathetic call, not for nothin'. PATHETIC.

mafra

Legend
Ultimately, 'Melo lost the game. Terrible 2nd half and a brutal 4th quarter. A missed free throw, a turnover, missing shot after shot.

MD also proved once again... He's a below average coach and a liability in the final minutes of games. How do we not have a BIG protecting the basket? Anyway...

GIVE ALLEN CREDIT. He hit that shot (did MD make thr mistake having a rookie on a HOF). That was the game winner.

BUT, the refs certainly made an impact. They alowed BOS to get physical in the 3rd. Changed the way the game was called, then switched back to calling ticky-tack calls down the stretch. Calling a foul on TD (giving Allen a 3-point play) on barely-hardly any contact, then not calling the same thing the following possession when Amar'e drove to the hoops and was hacked... HOW IS THIS CONSISTENT?

And then to decide the game on a 50/50 questionable call 28 feet away from the basket? Then again... blame coach. Rivers didn't design a play to bury the ball on the wing, elbow-extended... MD did though.

Anyway, all we need is the split. Maybe we win Game 2.

finestrg

Rotation player
You let Melo receive the ball, size up Pierce and make the play -------- let the players decide the game in that situation..All the more infuriating when you see the replay and see that there was basically no foul by Melo there at all..Pierce's arms were all over Melo, through him in fact, and he was leaning on him heavily..All Melo was doing was jockeying for position to receive the damn ball..Pierce was drapped ALL OVER THE MAN --- Pierce was the one permitting Melo from receiving the ball, creating the contact...Even if Melo did foul him (say Melo initiated even more contact than he actually did) you still don't call that, not with the game in the balance like that, that late in the contest. To me an offensive foul should occur when a player has full posession of the ball, makes his move and runs over someone. OR REALLY GAINS AN ADVANTAGE on the play to receive the ball, blatantly shoving off a defender to receive the ball, etc, setting a hard/moving pick to free up a teammate or driving the ball and shoving off with your off-hand on a layup/dunk attempt. That wasn't the case at all with that play. NONE OF THAT APPLIED! Come on...HORRENDOUS call that definitely affected the outcome of this game as far as I'm concerned. GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!! The Knicks are a good offensive team with one of the best offensive players in the game today getting ready to receive the ball..I would've liked our chances to put points on the board right there. Not to mention we had a majority of the 24 sec clock to work with....People pay money to see what Melo was gonna do to Pierce right there, make or miss. Not to have the moment robbed from the Knicks by some overzealous referee..I still can't get over it --- that's how big a gaff I think that was.

I saw the game on MSG...What did the guys over on TNT have to say about that call? Anyone watch it on TNT?

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You let Melo receive the ball, size up Pierce and make the play -------- let the players decide the game in that situation..All the more infuriating when you see the replay and see that there was basically no foul by Melo there at all..Pierce's arms were all over Melo, through him in fact, and he was leaning on him heavily..All Melo was doing was jockeying for position to receive the damn ball..Pierce was drapped ALL OVER THE MAN --- Pierce was the one permitting Melo from receiving the ball, creating the contact...Even if Melo did foul him (say Melo initiated even more contact than he actually did) you still don't call that, not with the game in the balance like that, that late in the contest. To me an offensive foul should occur when a player has full posession of the ball, makes his move and runs over someone. OR REALLY GAINS AN ADVANTAGE on the play to receive the ball, blatantly shoving off a defender to receive the ball, etc or setting a hard, moving pick to free up a teammate..That wasn't the case at all with that play. Come on...HORRENDOUS call that definitely affected the outcome of this game as far as I'm concerned. The Knicks are a good offensive team with one of the best offensive players in the game today getting ready to receive the ball..I would've liked our chances there to put points on the board. Not to mention we had a majority of the 24 sec clock to work with there....People pay money to see what Melo was gonna do to Pierce right there, make or miss. Not to have the moment robbed from the Knicks by some overzealous referee..I still can't get over it --- that's how big a gaff I think that was.

I saw the game on MSG...What did the guys over on TNT have to say about that call? Anyone watch it on TNT?

They had nothing to say. Absolutely nothing..

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
THAT CALL MADE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man IM SOOOOO DAMN HEATED RIGHT NOW.....no way Im getting any sleep tonight! I cant believe this, unbelivable.

The Refs and Celtics should of walked out of the TD Garden with guns and masks because they robbed the Knicks blind tonight.

Man IM SOOOOO DAMN HEATED RIGHT NOW.....no way Im getting any sleep tonight! I cant believe this, unbelivable.

The Refs and Celtics should of walked out of the TD Garden with guns and masks because they robbed the Knicks blind tonight.
:agreed: This just ruined my weekend, we better win game 2 or else we have no chance.

finestrg

Rotation player

I'm right there with ya man..I really won't be able to sleep tonight after this loss...And I still can believe Allen hit that shot..There have been bigger missed opportunities I guess (Starks in the '94 Finals firing up blanks, Ewing's missed finger roll, Charles Smith's multiple misses underneath, etc.) but this one hurts just as much as any of those..This game was so damn winable..I'm sick to my stomach right now.

Message for that ref:

2855160458_e1833a59c2_o.gif

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Billups drives to the hole, gets some contact and misses the layup. Ends up hurting his knee BUT NO CALL!

How bout that last shot by Allen.....anyone see how he got open??? KG tripped TD intentionally BUT NO CALL!

Then on the final shot by Melo, Doc Rivers is on the court yelling at his players to give the last foul they have, which should be a technical BUT NO CALL!

I have no problem with the refs letting those calls go, but HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU CALL THAT BS OFFENSIVE FOUL ON MELO?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Somebody ****ing hold me back. I'm SO ****ING PISSED RIGHT NOW I don't even know what to do. I literally want that ref dead. I've never been so upset in my life. Maybe its the pile up of 7 straight years with no playoff appearances? That game was ours. And that bitch ass ****er took it away from us.

**** it. I'm calling in sick for work 2morrow. I'm getting drunk as **** cause I can't sleep

Last edited:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Somebody ****ing hold me back. I'm SO ****ING PISSED RIGHT NOW I don't even know what to do. I literally want that ref dead. I've never been so upset in my life. Maybe its the pile up of 7 straight years with no playoff appearances? That game was ours. And that bitch ass ****er took it away from us.

I feel the same f*ckin way bro.....

Can't believe it, that was a straight robbery. I haven't been this mad over a game in a looooooong time! I wasn't this mad when the Jets lost to NE 45-3 this past season, and I was sitting right there in foxboro in the thick of it. Losing 2 AFCCGs wasn't this bad because atleast I could say the Jets just weren't the better team that day, but tonight is a diffrent story.

When you bget robbed like this by the f*ckin refs after fighting and scrapping all game long, it leaves me full of anger and frustration! I gotta work 15 hours tommorrow and be up at 6am and I know I'm not going to sleep cause of this BS!!!!!!!!!

mafra

Legend
Somewhere Craig Ehlo and Byron Russell are screaming that Jordan pushed off! Where's the off. foul?

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
When you bget robbed like this by the f*ckin refs after fighting and scrapping all game long, it leaves me full of anger and frustration! I gotta work 15 hours tommorrow and be up at 6am and I know I'm not going to sleep cause of this BS!!!!!!!!!

Oh and forgot to mention the best part.....I gotta work short handed tommorrow because one of my coworkers (Celtics fan) texted me after the game he is calling out because hes drunk and exhausted from a "great game"!

M*THER F*CKER!!!!!!

mafra

Legend
REPLAY actually shows that Paul P. had his hands on Carmelo's back the entire time, right as the cross from half court until pass was delivered. A terrible call. Again, like what happened in the BIG EAST TOURNY, the ref has to be removed and penalized. NO WAY you can permit that sort of officiating on this level.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
REPLAY actually shows that Paul P. had his hands on Carmelo's back the entire time, right as the cross from half court until pass was delivered. A terrible call. Again, like what happened in the BIG EAST TOURNY, the ref has to be removed and penalized. NO WAY you can permit that sort of officiating on this level.

Agree 180%! They need to hand down a fine or suspension or something to that ref, that was a joke.....still cant believe it.