The 'REAL" Reason We Didn't Win Game 1

KingofNy

Starter
We didn't lose this game because of Antoni, even though a lot of times we do. We lost this game because the NBA didn't want us to win and the refs called the game accordingly.

The refs gave the Celtics multiple second chance opportunities to get back into the game and then to close it out at the end. Go back and watch the phantom foul called on Melo against Pierce in the corner where the refs gave them 3 free points to take the lead. Or how about calling a tic-tac foul on Melo with :22 seconds remaining in the game and then not calling Garnett for BLATENTLY tripping Douglas to open up the Ray Allen game winning shot. I'm in the progress of putting together a bad call compilation video on youtube to let you guys see what I saw and call out these corrupt refs and league/commish.

Sorry guys but it all comes down to money and a Boston/Miami series will pull in more money than a Knicks/Miami series. Maybe we'll get the calls next year if we get another big name. Who knows... All I know now is it's obvious we have no chance to win if we're playing the Celtics and the refs. F*CK THE NBA, F*CK THE REFS, and F*CK DAVID STERN!

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
We didn't lose this game because of Antoni, even though a lot of times we do. We lost this game because the NBA didn't want us to win and the refs called the game accordingly.

The refs gave the Celtics multiple second chance opportunities to get back into the game and then to close it out at the end. Go back and watch the phantom foul called on Melo against Pierce in the corner where the refs gave them 3 free points to take the lead. Or how about calling a tic-tac foul on Melo with :22 seconds remaining in the game and then not calling Garnett for BLATENTLY tripping Douglas to open up the Ray Allen game winning shot. I'm in the progress of putting together a bad call compilation video on youtube to let you guys see what I saw and call out these corrupt refs and league/commish.

Sorry guys but it all comes down to money and a Boston/Miami series will pull in more money than a Knicks/Miami series. Maybe we'll get the calls next year if we get another big name. Who knows... All I know now is it's obvious we have no chance to win if we're playing the Celtics and the refs. F*CK THE NBA, F*CK THE REFS, and F*CK DAVID STERN!

No way ? Who in the heck wants to see the celtics ? Except stern. Miami vs new york would have been more exciting because it's lebron vs melo Wade vs amare or whatever. People would have love to see it..Well at least the fans.
Obviously stern dosen't ! That S,O, B ! I agree with the nba ! They suc.ked ! We will lose . It's Miami vs celtics. Why don't we Just give them the second round and cancel the other games. Might as well.

That foul on Melo where PP took the 3 Pierce traveled. Look closely you can see him shuffle both feet to get set for his shot. That should have been called before the foul...

I'd have to guess you're right. There were so much blatant calls/non calls going the Celts way that the game had to be fixed.

When you put that Vid together please share it with the board. I'd love to watch it...

petescud

Starter
Another was a travel when Amare made Big baby look stupid, by pulling the rug and BB traveled (again no call, though the commentator saw it)...i hate when refs ruin good games

MadJack

Benchwarmer
KG tripped Toney on the screen as well when Ray Allen hit the 3. One awful call and one no call is almost impossible for a road team to overcome.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
The real reason we lost the game was lack of rebounding skills and wrong personnel decisions. Obviously, the calls you're talking about made the challenge much tougher for us, but I just want to remind you guys we blew a 12 points advantage we built in the 1st half and our so called superstar Carmelo "Lazy Ass" Anthony didn't score even a point during the 2nd half and was 5/18 (~28%!)...

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
we lost because Crymelo Anthony I mean seriously his last shot has to b e the worst game-winning attempt ever. The calls were bad but what do you expect? Do you watch NBA since 2011? In playoffs home team always get the calls so grow up.

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
we lost because Crymelo Anthony I mean seriously his last shot has to b e the worst game-winning attempt ever. The calls were bad but what do you expect? Do you watch NBA since 2011? In playoffs home team always get the calls so grow up.
But, if he had made that shot, you would be here telling everyone how much of a clutch shooter/beast that Melo is! .man, no kidding, some of my fellow Knicks fans are str8 jokes, working at Wendy's, talking s**t, Peace!:boohoo:pS, next game, it will be STAT or Billups or.......

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
Well,
That being said...
I was on a plane during the game and missed the only game of the year..(Thank GOD!)...BUT!..when I look at the Box-score...I would have to point to Landry Fields...0 Points and 1 Rebound (From a Starter???)...I'm Sorry, but Landry Fields has flown under the radar a bit this year..his production the last part of the years has been dismal...and in my honest opinion...He needs to remain a back-up until he can prove his worthyness as a starter.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well,
That being said...
I was on a plane during the game and missed the only game of the year..(Thank GOD!)...BUT!..when I look at the Box-score...I would have to point to Landry Fields...0 Points and 1 Rebound (From a Starter???)...I'm Sorry, but Landry Fields has flown under the radar a bit this year..his production the last part of the years has been dismal...and in my honest opinion...He needs to remain a back-up until he can prove his worthyness as a starter.

That's about all you'll get out of a box score - inaccuracy.

Fields shut Ray Allen out of the first half.

We replaced defence with offence, as is the norm, and it was our undoing.

miked1958

Rotation player
Yes

I agree that the last 3 possesions (call on melo, trip by KG on Toney, and at least 2 boston coaches on the floor and no T. one of them wildly waving his arms and yelling right near MELO. and the ref almost bumped into both of them they were so far on the floor) were BOGUS and could have cost us the game. However when you only score 34 total points in 2nd half (average of 17 per quarter) and dont get the ball to the hot hand (amare) on your last 7 times you have the ball, you have no room to complain about the refs. should not have been in that position. Should have closed them out like all the other lower seeds did yesterday. If not for knicks loss, all 4 lower seeds would have pulled off upsets.

Anyway, Melo should have noticed that TD was WIDE OPEN at the Top of the Key with just under 5seconds left (CELTS didnt respect him therefore didnt even cover him, and he had hit that go ahead 3 just moments before with 39ticks left) and dished it to him for the possible game winning 3. TD would even had time to dribble in a few steps to the foul line to make a game tieing shot he was so wide open, had he not wanted to take a chance on a game winner. Instead Melo settles for the contested off balance 28footer that had no chance. I would have rather had TD take and miss an uncontested wide open chance to win it then what we wound up with. I could have lived with that. OR WHY NOT look for the hot hand standing open just about 10 or so feet from the basket??

The reason we lost that game was 3 reasons

Melo and Billups combining for 8 for 29 from the field/4 for 14 from three

Celtics obtaining 15 offensive rebounds, double their season average.

and 7 straight posessions to end the game that amare not only didnt take a shot

but DIDNT EVEN TOUCH THE BASKETBALL.

stop making excuses, we played a great game

but the little things that we needed we didnt do to win

we could have won by 15 pnts if we gave up 5 less offensive rebounds, melo made 2 to 3 more buckets

and amare got the ball more in the last 2 minutes.

end of story

stop whining

and stop making excuses.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
this is what you all have been waiting for...

ok8i6c.jpg

nyk_nyk

All Star
Crazy⑧s;175457 said:
That's about all you'll get out of a box score - inaccuracy.

Fields shut Ray Allen out of the first half.

We replaced defence with offence, as is the norm, and it was our undoing.

Agreed.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Antoni at all. He had these guys ready to play and I give him credit for that, but the Fields decision was very bad. He didn't have it on offense but the guy was definitely committed on defense.

Red

TYPE-A
Agreed.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Antoni at all. He had these guys ready to play and I give him credit for that, but the Fields decision was very bad. He didn't have it on offense but the guy was definitely committed on defense.

We lost because we left this game up to the zebras.

When you smell blood, you have to go in for the kill.

Knicks win this next one.

Celtics obtaining 15 offensive rebounds, double their season average.

I have to disagree with this one. DFDH if you rewatch the game at least half of those offensive rebounds the Knicks could do nothing about. They were flukes. Ball bounced directly into the Celts hands. Matter of fact during the game my son and I were amazed at how strange the ball was bouncing.