Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19

Is this game a must win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knicksin60

Starter
Yes but when they do win.., oh my what a feeling.

When you ride the downs, full experiencing them emotionally, the ups are that much sweeter.

You know you're a little hurt??

Feeling good about a team when they win is one thing, allowing the success of that team to be the center of your emotional wellbeing is another thing.It is not normal for a person to be so passionate about something that they negatively affect themselves and the people around them.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Feeling good about a team when they win is one thing, allowing the success of that team to be the center of your emotional wellbeing is another thing.It is not normal for a person to be so passionate about something that they negatively affect themselves and the people around them.

Do you realise what a condescending wanker you sound like?

Seriously give it a rest. You're no more enlightened or well adjusted than those people that allow their emotions to happen.

Get over yourself guru 60.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
Because he had drawn up his play, it worked, the double team was enticed and we got a clear lay up opportunity that JJ bottled.

exactly but jj should not be on the court if that was his plan to get an open shot under the basket, turiaf or williams(shawn) should have been on the court if that was the case.

knicksin60

Starter
Prisoner to emotion? When you start choosing your emotions, you're a prisoner to a lie.

How does that make sense? If I am choosing not to be emotionally controlled by the Knicks losing to the Celtics tonight, I am making a logical choice by choosing not to be an emotional prisoner.But if I choose to allow the Knicks losing to the Celtics tonight to emotionally control me then I am choosing to be an emotional slave to something that I have no control over.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
You obviously don't seem happy with your life when you are acting vulgar towards people who were minding their business and you definitely don't seem like a passionate person who is at peace with themselves when you're bringing up personal things about your life on a basketball forum.

You know nothing about my personal life to label me as a troll or a person who is pretending to be enlightened.I am a person who enjoys irony and dry humor.Just because you were having a bad couple of hours doesn't give you any right to start trouble that you could have easily avoided.If you know that my behavior on this forum is going to exasperate you to act in a way in which your feelings get the best of you then ignore me or seek anger management immediately.

You're a hypocrite. I told you to STFU please and that no one was in the mood for your snide humor. You obviously took it personal enough to call me a loser and tell me to jump off a bridge...and I need anger management!?:thumbsup: Further you went on "LABELING" me as a "bad" person who you would not cry over if I were to take your heartfelt advice to jump off that bridge. No, it's clear you are being inconsistent and trying to play enlightened but your every post betrays the persona you are now trying to project. I do not need to know you personally to conclude you are a troll. The very fact you decided to use "dry humor" and employ "irony" in response to our loss proves your status as a troll.

So save your talk about being vulgar when you "could have easily avoided" this confrontation and let myh comment go. Instead you decided to try and needle me knowing I was pissed off about the game and further "LABELING" and attacking me well before I took the gloves off. So in conclusion, you are clearly a troll and hypocrite to boot. I suggest you turn that critical eye on yourself and further examine yourself since your recent epiphany about not being emotional obviously fell by the wayside.

P.S. The fact that you stated you used to be emotional and now are not(clearly not the case) illuminates an obvious crisis point in your life and need for change. I suggest you look back on what prompted you to feel compelled to make this change and worry about that rather than me. :cool:

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
hey isnt this a game thread? go to IM or something for this lecturing crap,everyone is mad obviously and no one wants to here about emotions right now because obviously our emotions are getting the best of all of us right now.

petescud

Starter
I thought Melo played with a lot of heart tonight. Not easy putting up what 44 points against PP....Pretty impressive....what kills us is we have no big to take care of the middle, and Boston is exploiting it big time. I'm still proud of our team

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
I thought Melo played with a lot of heart tonight. Not easy putting up what 44 points against PP....Pretty impressive....what kills us is we have no big to take care of the middle, and Boston is exploiting it big time. I'm still proud of our team
+1 And yes it is killing us now as it has been all throughout the season!! The way Rondo ran his layup drills with 5 imaginary defenders is exactly why our Knicks are going back home 0-2 in this series. And yes the refs again killed our team with all those BS calls. Talk about home court advantage...

knicksin60

Starter
Such an oversimplistic view could be applied to everything in life.

What's congress? Bunch of old men getting caught with hookers and ****ing up "my" life. Why should I care?

What's love? An insipid human chemical reaction leading to less money usually as well as increased headaches.

What's happiness? It's merely a temporary delay of misery which is inevitable at some point.

Cheer the **** up misery guts.

I wasn't saying that we should look at everything on this earth as insignificant or as meaningless.What I was trying to say was that there are things that shouldn't control us because at the end of the day they are not important compared to a lot of things and they will not benefit us in the long run.What good is it to get emotionally caught about the Knicks winning a game against the Celtics if they could get blown out by them the next game? Will the happiness of seeing your team win that one game carry over to the rest of your life?

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I still need someone to explain that 3rd foul on douglas. There was a little more than 3minuteson the gme clock and 15 seconds on the shot clock.

TD looked over at the bench, then jumped up and fouled rondo for no damn reason. I surprised he didnt get 3shots. WTF was up with that bs.

Im prtty sure that play where KG got the timeout was PURE BULLSH**, if the first onewas a jump ball, why not the second one? It was the same EXACT play.

We wouldnt be in the situation where JJ gets the ball down 1 if they dont call that BS. Damn zebra cakes

knicksin60

Starter
You're a hypocrite. I told you to STFU please and that no one was in the mood for your snide humor. You obviously took it personal enough to call me a loser and tell me to jump off a bridge...and I need anger management!?:thumbsup: Further you went on "LABELING" me as a "bad" person who you would not cry over if I were to take your heartfelt advice to jump off that bridge. No, it's clear you are being inconsistent and trying to play enlightened but your every post betrays the persona you are now trying to project. I do not need to know you personally to conclude you are a troll. The very fact you decided to use "dry humor" and employ "irony" in response to our loss proves your status as a troll.
I was merely defending myself because you had started with me by taking what I said personal.You decided to throw a hissy fit after you saw what I wrote, I was simply standing up for myself because I don't enjoy when people act like cyber bullies.Was I some what emotional when responding to you? I am man enough to admit that I was.And I don't see how joking about a loss is trolling unless you believe that everyone who jokes about a loss does it with the intentions of trolling.

So save your talk about being vulgar when you "could have easily avoided" this confrontation and let myh comment go. Instead you decided to try and needle me knowing I was pissed off about the game and further "LABELING" and attacking me well before I took the gloves off. So in conclusion, you are clearly a troll and hypocrite to boot. I suggest you turn that critical eye on yourself and further examine yourself since your recent epiphany about not being emotional obviously fell by the wayside.
I knew that you were pissed off about the game.When I decided to post in this thread, did I intend to kick you while you were emotionally down? Absolutely not! You started with me by venting out your frustration on me and misinterpreting my intentions of being on this thread.And being emotionally enslaved to a basketball game is far different from getting emotional when defending yourself from personal attacks.

P.S. The fact that you stated you used to be emotional and now are not(clearly not the case) illuminates an obvious crisis point in your life and need for change. I suggest you look back on what prompted you to feel compelled to make this change and worry about that rather than me. :cool:
I never said that I stopped being emotional to everything in life.I had stated that trivial things such as what happens on a basketball court don't control my emotional well being anymore because they're more important things for me to worry about.

knicksin60

Starter
My apology to Rady and the Knick fans on this forum for taking this thread off topic.I sincerely will not do that ever again!

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
i gotta agree with mafra right there. the previous few posessions, everytime melo got the ball, big fat fkin baby came running to double and get the ball out of his hands and melo had no choice but to pass it out.
on that last possession, melo should not have gotten the ball with 11+ seconds left because that means he is gonna hold the ball for a few seconds which means the double is gonna come.
give melo the ball with 6 seconds left that way he has to make a move quickly and whether it be a jumper, drive or a drive and kick out, at least the double team isnt there to force him into giving up the ball .
i just dont understand why mike dantoni doesnt do a better job of not just designing plays but also clock management and play calling.
btw isnt it ironic, this coach was roasted all season for not preaching defense and now for the past 2 games, (im not saying he should get the credit) our boys have dugg deep down and manned up and played great defense and put their heart out there. and its the offense that hes being out coached on! go figure.

What was wrong with the play? Nothing. JJ could have taken the shot or he could have executed on the pass, if he does we take the lead and more than likely win the game.

MDA did nothing wrong. You can second guess all day but that's the beauty of hindsight.

MDA has say 5 options. No matter which one he picks if the ball doesn't end up in the net you're all going to want one of the other four. Do you really think you are all so revolutionary that if you're not all agreeing on the same option it's not the most obvious and therefore easiest to read. Then you're crying he's too predictable.

Rewind to when we imbound to JJ and he off the dribble takes it to the hoop, none of you expect that but it works and thus no one is here moaning about it despite the fact not one of you would have drawn up that play.

STAT1

Starter
Originally Posted by WrongIslander
What was wrong with the play? Nothing. JJ could have taken the shot or he could have executed on the pass, if he does we take the lead and more than likely win the game.

MDA did nothing wrong. You can second guess all day but that's the beauty of hindsight.

MDA has say 5 options. No matter which one he picks if the ball doesn't end up in the net you're all going to want one of the other four. Do you really think you are all so revolutionary that if you're not all agreeing on the same option it's not the most obvious and therefore easiest to read. Then you're crying he's too predictable.

Rewind to when we imbound to JJ and he off the dribble takes it to the hoop, none of you expect that but it works and thus no one is here moaning about it despite the fact not one of you would have drawn up that play.

Not sure which play you're talking about is that the JJ layup that got us the 93-92 lead with 20 seconds left to play? Because if it is, do you really think the play that was drawn up by MDA was for JJ to get the ball & dribble penetrate to the hole for a layup? That was a broken play & happened off a wild, frantic sequence where we got an offensive rebound after a missed Roger Mason layup attempt & JJ just found himself with a wide open lane to the basket, in fact it wasn't even off an inbounds pass TD got the ball passed back to him from Melo after Mason's missed layup because the Celtics instantly rushed to double Melo, & TD tried to penetrate off JJ's set to pick. Instead he ended up getting cut off by Rondo & passed the ball to JJ so he could try to run off his pick high & either get the ball to Melo again, who the Celtics were overplaying on ball denial, or get off a 3 pt shot himself, which left JJ with the ball in his hands & a wide open lane to the rim, which he recognized & took advantage of. Coaches don't draw up crazy plays like that, they just happen. I don't care if you're talking about MDA or Red Auerbach.

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
THANKS FOR PUSSYING OUT OF THE GAME STOUDEMIRE. You ****ing little bitch. It's Melo vs the entire Celtics team out there. I've played with ****ing terrible back spasms before. It's a complete bitch but it can be done. The ****ing playoffs? You're not the king of NY you bitch. Trade that bitch for D Howard the first opportunity we get.
I don't know you, but, you sound like a complete a** hole, 4reals!

smokes

Huge Member

LMAO you tell me to fck off and call me out and then you go say this?!?! Another MDA homer who knows sweet fck all about basketball.

That JJ layup that gave us the lead was a designed play?! HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Jefferies was about to pass that ball away before realising "oh wait there is no one here" and took it to the rim... Seriously!

Jefferies did fine this game, good even overall. Can't beat on him for that last play, he shouldn't even be in the game and if he is he should be on the opposite side of the court from the ball keeping a defender out the way and THATS IT.

And keeping us in the game? Yeah it was MDA who made Melo go for probably the best game of his entire career...

From now on you are known as mini-KFFQ :lol:

We lost this game for 3 reasons:

1) Landry Fields hurting us big time with his turnovers and bad defense against Ray Allen

2) Nobody providing some scoring aside from Melo

3) We turned Rajon Rondo into Allen Iverson

Yes it's true, the refs ****ed us in both games, but we should have won game 2 comfortably. BOston were even weaker than in game 1 and Melo was unreal!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Letting Rondo get easy baskets is inexcusable. Sickening. I bet you anything Walt Frazier could have been out there and played better defense.

It's not the first time I've seen Rondo get easy baskets either. In the 2008-2009 season he did this against the Nets. Either teams are that focused on Allen, Garnet, and Pierce, or Rondo is putting spells on players.

This is bullshit.

STAT1

Starter
At this point I would start Roger Mason Jr. in game 3 & have Landry come off the bench. Maybe in that role he gets a new sense of bringing some energy & hustle & gets back to what he does best. Mason is seasoned well experienced in these types of big games I think he will do a solid job if given the opportunity, particularly on defense. We can't afford another no show game out of Landry these games are all must wins from here on out.