Knicks sent tape to league office after Game 1,NBA admits KG's trip on TD was a foul

The New York Knicks did more than complain about two non-calls in the final minute of Game 1 against the Celtics. They sent tape of two controversial plays to the league office, according to an NBA source.
The Knicks had problem with Kevin Garnett's collision with Toney Douglas that preceded Ray Allen's game-winning 3-pointer with 11.6 seconds left. And they also pointed out to the NBA that Delonte West ran onto the court after Allen's 3-pointer to chest bump Allen and the Knicks wanted a technical foul for six players on the court.
According to the source, the NBA admitted that Garnett's trip of Douglas, who was chasing Allen, was a foul while West's running onto the court would have been ruled a delay of game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/04/knicks_compain.html

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
OK if we get makeup calls of similar magnitude in Game 3 and 4 which lead to Knick victories then it'll be even.

Or failing that, at least be consistent and fair with the niggly foul calls. If I was Melo I'd be flipping out half the time, I don't know how he keeps his cool.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
Or the fact that Pierce is all over Melo on every single possession but never gets called? If you look at Melo's 3-pointer that gave us the lead 91-88, Pierce literally runs into Melo's face and Melo immediately puts up the 3. It was a 4-point play but the refs just see it as Pierce playing tough D. LOL. If that was Melo on Pierce it would have been called a flagrant-2.

mafra

Legend

Good find. And how does the NBA atone for their gaffe that cost us game 1? They ignore an obvious technical foul on Big baby Davis, as he slams his right shoulder into JJ after pushign him RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. Of course, the ref had no problem slapping a technical on Walker after he pushed Allen (and Ray flops).

So, if JJ flops he gets the technical?

That 1 or 2 points made a huge difference right.

They also ignored 2 OBVIOSU fouls on Paul Pierce. He pushed Douglas as TD cuts baseline... Extends his arm and pushed him right in front of the ref.

Then he hammers Carmelo, when Anthony hit the 3 to put NY up 91-88. The only reason Anthony shot the ball b/c the foul was so obvious he wanted it to be a shooting foul. Fortunately, in both cases, Knicks got a 3-pointer...

Still, these occured right in front of the ref. We should eb getting makeup calls. AT LEAST CALL THE OBVIOUS FOUL. NO, the call a ticky-tack offensive foul on Carmelo to decide the game, but wont call KG for tripping or PP for shoving.

p0nder

Starter
Quite simply we can not leave the games up to the ref's. If it is going to be a close game you know that the Ref's are going to see every call in favor of the veteran leaders of Boston.

They argue every call but never receive technical's, they are above suspicion so they play the dirtiest D in the world and every call that doesn't go their way they are in the ref's ear about it.

We honestly need to be beating them by 10 points wen it comes down to the last couple of plays of the game, otherwise the refs will give it to them.

im glad that this is getting recognized every time the three pointer is replayed its more than obvious its a foul on KG that freed up Jesus Shuttlessworth but again when your on the road your not going to get these type of calls

Hopefully these will be made up here at MSG

This is making the NBA look bad especially after the miss call on the Perkins tip-in in the Nuggets-Thunder game and the foul disparity in the Dallas-Portland games

Why do i feel like the referees are fixing the games again?

If the league is not going to hold the refs accountable by fining and/or suspending them, then admitance of their unprofessional play calling is just another slap in the players face.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
This is such bullshit it's not even funny...

Ok so they admit they ****ed up but there really isn't anything they can do... the same thing can happen time and time again to us and all they will do is apologize.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah Pierce was literally all over Melo when he shot that 3. That was ridiculous.

Seriously it's every single trip down the floor man not just that 3... Pierce looks like he's trying to slip it up Melo's ass thats how much he is riding him every possession... Pathetic officiating.

KingofNy

Starter
OK if we get makeup calls of similar magnitude in Game 3 and 4 which lead to Knick victories then it'll be even.

You mean like the calls we got in game 2? Jeffries had has hands on the ball for full 5 seconds before the ref even showed up and he still awarded the Celtics with a timeout. Keep on dreaming if you think the calls are going to all of a sudden get better. IMO the worse has yet to come.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Does the fact the NBA office admitted KG fouled TD change anything? They are not going to cancel Allen's game winning three pointer though, so I simply don't care how our claim has been processed.

@petescud, nope, the series was and still is not decided, could the refs have any influence on the result of G1 if we had a 10 points advantage with just 20 seconds left?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Does the fact the NBA office admitted KG fouled TD change anything? They are not going to cancel Allen's game winning three pointer though, so I simply don't care how our claim has been processed.

@petescud, nope, the series was and still is not decided, could the refs have any influence on the result of G1 if we had a 10 points advantage with just 20 seconds left?

dont be a moron, we are a new team that hasnt been together a half season yet, started the season with 10 new players, had chauncy go down in g1, amare in g2, and we are playing the celtics....a championship team...we are not gonna blow them out. we had the odds against us, playing a game of fewer possessions, and are still grinding it out. the celtics have years of inbound play practice, years of team chemestry. this is not an easy task we have. these bitter losses will linger in the mouths of our core players until we see the post season again. close losses like these make teams start out a new season playing with fire.

The refs caused the loss, get it thru your head.(if the celtics were up 10 the refs couldnt decide it either)

This series was decided before opening tip off of game 1

I start to believe that aswell!

Same with the Lakers-Hornets series, the Hornets came out way tougher than league office thought in game 1 and got robbed in game 2. Those calls against them (especially Okafor) when the Lakers were struggling reminded me of our series and how we got robbed.

A good thing would be to have 1 american and 2 international refs, maybe from Australia or Spain, China whatever. Just to prevent this BS that's been going on for years...all I need to say is Sacramento - Lakers Conference Finals. Honestly the KIngs should have stopped participating in the league after that.

iJoe

Rotation player
I start to believe that aswell!

Same with the Lakers-Hornets series, the Hornets came out way tougher than league office thought in game 1 and got robbed in game 2. Those calls against them (especially Okafor) when the Lakers were struggling reminded me of our series and how we got robbed.

A good thing would be to have 1 american and 2 international refs, maybe from Australia or Spain, China whatever. Just to prevent this BS that's been going on for years...all I need to say is Sacramento - Lakers Conference Finals. Honestly the KIngs should have stopped participating in the league after that.

The Kings/Lakers series WAS rigged as admitted by Tim Donaghy so the gamblers can make their money. I agree that it really was a total robbery.....

Refs should definitely be held accountable, but we have to keep in mind that its a really tough job as well. Doesn't help that the players make 100x more than they do.

No need to send the tape, the refs knew it was foul at the very moment it happened! How could they not see that moving screen/trip?!?!

nykway24

Rookie
No need to send the tape, the refs knew it was foul at the very moment it happened! How could they not see that moving screen/trip?!?!

the thing that pisses me off with this whole ordeal is the fact that the league still said that ray allen still had to make the shot, even though kevin garnett's offensive foul came before the shot. plus giving ray allen a WIDEEE open 3pter is the equalvelent of giving anybody a damn lay-up. referees costed us 2 playoff games and all we get is a half assed apology. blows my mind

the thing that pisses me off with this whole ordeal is the fact that the league still said that ray allen still had to make the shot, even though kevin garnett's offensive foul came before the shot. plus giving ray allen a WIDEEE open 3pter is the equalvelent of giving anybody a damn lay-up. referees costed us 2 playoff games and all we get is a half assed apology. blows my mind

They have to make up some BS to cover their butts, they know in their hearts it was bad call or they would of never of addressed the problem in the first place.