Injury Update. STAT & Chauncey

Blumatic

Rotation player
alanhahn: Knicks announce MRI results for Stoudemire (confirms pulled muscle in back) and Billups (confirms strained tendon in left knee). #fb"
--http://twitter.com/alanhahn/status/60821870169174016

"FisolaNYDN: Chauncey Billups has fluid drained from his left knee and receives a cortisone shot, Daily News has learned"
--http://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/60821898380066816

"FisolaNYDN: Knicks say Amar'e day-to-day & Billups questionable. Daily News has learned Billups has fluid drained from knee. http://nydn.us/gyCSuy"
--http://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/60822503320334336

NYK All day and Tomorrow.

la2ny

Starter
Please Chauncey for the love of god be able to go on Friday.

Stat we know your going to play so go buy a heating pad, bags of ice, and an Asian massage therapist

KingofNy

Starter
Stoudemire says he?ll play, but Billups questionable

We need BOTH Stat and Billups if we want to take these next two at home. It's encouraging that at least we know we'll have Amare. Come on Chauncey, PLAY THROUGH THE PAIN AND MAN UP!!! You get hurt more often than Eddy Curry.

It wasn't bad enough that the New York Knicks were down 0-2 in the first round of their NBA Eastern Conference playoffs with the Boston Celtics. On Wednesday, the Knicks received the kind of news they can least afford to have: MRI exams showed that Amar'e Stoudemire(notes) has a pulled muscle in his back and Chauncey Billups(notes) has a strained left knee, according to ESPNNewYork.com.

Stoudemire left Tuesday's game at halftime and missed the entire second half with what were thought to be back spasms, while Billups missed the game to rest what was believed to be a knee strain. Stoudemire is listed as day-to-day, while Billups is questionable.

Stoudemire said after Tuesday's game, a 96-93 loss, that he would be back for Game 3 on Friday.
"I should be ready for Game 3," he told reporters in Boston. "We'll see how it goes (Wednesday) and the next day, but I'm pretty sure—I'm hoping—I'll be ready Friday."
The Knicks aren't the only ones hurting. The Celtics learned Friday that veteran center Shaquille O'Neal(notes) will likely also remain sidelined. O'Neal has played just five minutes since Feb. 1 due to an Achilles issue. Some media reports have said O'Neal is done for the season and potentially could announce his retirement, dependent upon how far Boston advances in the playoffs. The Celtics reached the NBA Finals last season before losing to the Los Angeles Lakers, who won their second straight title in a row.
Game 3 of the series is Friday at Madison Square Garden

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...emire-says-hell-play-but-billups-questionable

Looks like Billups has a strained ligament according to his MRI results and Stat had pulled a muscle in his back. Billups had his knee drained and received a steroid shot to help swelling. Billups is questionable and Stat is day to day. It would be great to get both back :crossfingers: but it does not look too good at this point.

The way Billups keeps getting hurt and is up there in age.. I dunno If we're gonna bring him back anymore.. I still do hope we bring him back but after seeing how much of an injury liability he is, we definitely need to bring in a legit backup pg.. TD is never gonna be that IMO.

The way Billups keeps getting hurt and is up there in age.. I dunno If we're gonna bring him back anymore.. I still do hope we bring him back but after seeing how much of an injury liability he is, we definitely need to bring in a legit backup pg.. TD is never gonna be that IMO.

I agree, it seems that his wheels started to fall off as soon as the plane landed in NY :barf:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Looks like Billups has a strained ligament according to his MRI results and Stat had pulled a muscle in his back. Billups had his knee drained and received a steroid shot to help swelling. Billups is questionable and Stat is day to day. It would be great to get both back :crossfingers: but it does not look too good at this point.

Yeah I am pretty optomistic we will have STAT for Game 3 Friday and hopefully that will be enough to take the game, giving Billups a couple for days off before Game 4 :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Come on Knicks, LETS TAKE THESE NEXT 2 GAMES AND MAKE BOSTON SWEAT!!!:gony:

finestrg

Rotation player
I think we can pull the next two out without Billups.. TD/Carter at the point should be enough to get by, esp. at home. I think both will step up and at least play a lot better than game 2..STAT, on the other hand, is essential. Without Amar'e I don't think we have a shot. Please God, just gimmie Amar'e for tonight and I'll be happy.

Just heard on Mike Francesa that Stat will be available for tonight's game :thumbsup: lets hope he does not tweek his back again!!! Billups of course will not be playing. LETS GO KNICKS!!! :gony:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Just heard on Mike Francesa that Stat will be available for tonight's game :thumbsup: lets hope he does not tweek his back again!!! Billups of course will not be playing. LETS GO KNICKS!!! :gony:

Very good news to hear STAT will be playing tonight.....

Hope he stays healthy and hopefully we can get Chauncy back for game 4:crossfingers:

yeah, but the papers say Stat will be about 70%, whatever that might mean...

Why these dudes wait to now to get hurt...typical bs luck i guess.
don't matter thou, I don't see the Knicks losing game 3...at the Garden.