Zach Randolph signs multi-year extension .....Gasol anyone?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Randolph signs four-year contract extension with Grizzlies

Posted Apr 20 2011 8:34PM

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Memphis forward Zach Randolph has signed a four-year extension after leading the Grizzlies to their first playoff win in franchise history.
The Grizzlies officially announced the deal Wednesday night before Game 2 of their first-round series with the San Antonio Spurs. Randolph had said earlier this week he would sign the extension.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Randolph said this week he agreed to the extension after the front office assured him that re-signing 26-year-old center Marc Gasol was next.

Randolph averaged 20.1 points and a career-high 12.2 rebounds this season.

Currently, memphis has 36 mil committed to next season, inking randolph makes it harder for them to sign Marc Gasol (my fav for the 5 spot) . we have to let billups' contract expire, allow him to go back to denver. sign gasol. we have douglas until 2014 makig under 3 mil per season. douglas, fields, melo, amare, gasol for a ring in 2012

p0nder

Starter
I was thinking the same thing toons, Gasol would be a perfect fit on the team and is young enough to be a part of the future and a solution for right now. However i don't know how serious memphis was about signing gasol. Memphis is run by some pretty savy people and I don't think they would assure randolph of a signing unless they were very serious about an offer sheet for marc. If we do get gasol, i don't think it will be as cheap as we hope.