Does Amar'emake 1st Team All-NBA??

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Well obviously if Amar'e is going to make it it has to be as a PF bcause Dwight Howards is a lock @ Center.. I think Amar'e this season will make All NBA 1st team for the second time in his career.. I think His biggest competition is Kevin Love and Dirk.. then maybe guys likePau Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge,Boozer,

If you look at the stats , Amar'e beats out Dirk In just about every statistical category in Points, Rebounds ,Blocks .. TYhe only major statistic that Dirk beats out Amar'e in is FG Amar'e shot 50% Dirk 51 %

Kevin Love may be more of a problem to beta out. Love averaged 20.3 points Amar'e 25.3

Amar'e averaged just 8 rebounds a game while Love averaged a WHOPPING 15 per game! and had a milion double doubles this season..

Love shot less than 50% from the field at 47% and Amar'e was at 50%

Love only had .06 Blocks per game which means 1 every other game.. Amar'e averaged 2 a game

They could give Love 1st team all NBA but I think Amar'e deserves it more because he helped his team win more AND.. dare I say it.. hes a BETTER DEFENDER!!! Amar'e is just and average defender but he gets his blocks.. Kevin love is a Terrible defender..

Aldridge averaged 21.8 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.7 Blocks, shot 50% from the field. Plays great defense.

Out of all these guys I htink Amar'e should get the nod.. But Kevin Love and Aldridge make a good case.. BHut I think Amar'e had the greatest impact on his team.. maybe that's just my Knick Bias but I hope aSTAT gets it

BTW, I was at the game last night.. Wish they couldve gave me my moneysworth and made it a kind of close!!

Thoughts?

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Interesting thread. You forgot about Blake Griffin who had a monster year too. But I think All-NBA 1st team will look like this:

PG Rose
SG Wade/Kobe
SF Lebron
PF Durant
C Howard

I know Durant is SF but I think they vote for forwards just like the all-star game. And both Durant and Lebron must be in All NBA First Team....

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Interesting thread. You forgot about Blake Griffin who had a monster year too. But I think All-NBA 1st team will look like this:

PG Rose
SG Wade/Kobe
SF Lebron
PF Durant
C Howard

I know Durant is SF but I think they vote for forwards just like the all-star game. And both Durant and Lebron must be in All NBA First Team....

you know you may be right.. Lebron is statistically the best player in the NBA again this year and Durant won the scoring title.. BT IMO Amar'e is the best PF in the game today and I hope they can get him on all NBA 1st team.. I think he deserves it.. I just checked Blake Griffins stats up and he did have a monster year.. While he's a lock for Rookie of the year I dont think he'll make 1st or 2nd tam all NBA.. he averaged 22 points 12 rebounds shot 50% and 4 assists.. He has good stats but his game is really raw right now.. His mid range game isnt very good hes a terrible FT shooter and his defense leaves somthing to be desired.. Considering he's a rookie though is amazing .. Hes gonna be 1st team ALL NBA a bunch of times in his career just not this season

paris401

Starter
. BT IMO Amar'e is the best PF in the game today

Agreeeee... if you r were starting a team... and had to chose your pf the only choice would be the beast of the east...i think this pick is as easy as the center pick (howard)...

think u can debate the guard and small/shooting forward slots, but not the bigs...

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
I didn't read any of this shit here. I just wanted to say **** no. All NBA first team to some bitch who is a defensive black hole and GREATLY underachieves on the rebounds? Sorry

Give me something else besides points Stat. Oh, and try not to get swept next year in the playoffs. K bud? K. thanks