Wasn't that fun?

jpz17

Starter
I've got to say.. wasn't that a fun ride this year? I can't remember a season that I've enjoyed to watch this much in a very long time. To make the playoffs for once was great, and for all the crappy seasons we had, we should be grateful we wont over 30 games!

KingCharles34

All Star
It was fun up until we got swept broomstick butt raped by bumston
SmileySuicide.gif

Never fun getting swept vs them green fags... Getting Melo and finally finishing with a winning record was fun tho..

Still want Dantoni fired!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I joined the Forums in March but damn was it a fun season and this place only made it better!

mafra

Legend
I'm old-school... I believe you actually have to win a game in the playoffs to consider it really being in the post season.

If you're not even close to competitive... And putting aside Games 1 & 2... b/c they were rendered mute when NY got owned 7 of the 8 quarters we played at home...Then weren't we nothing more than a tune-up? Playing the part of the Genrals for the Harlem Globetrotters?

We got swept in 2004. We get swept again. Our coach tells us the team wasn't in the right mindset for Game 3... first home game in 7 years?

Please. I would prefer the higher draft pick instead of watching us get swept by BOS.

KingofNy

Starter
First 2 games were fun for sure. RIght now I feel a bit like throwing up. Honestly.

+1...

These playoffs were about as fun as gay sex. :rolleyes: I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.

I haven't yelled at the tv this much ever. It's so frustrating to have all the pieces to have a good team only to have the coach mismanage them into a 4-game shutout by our rivals in the playoffs. Yea it was a blast, let's keep Antoni and do it again next season... :rolleyes:

I've got to say.. wasn't that a fun ride this year? I can't remember a season that I've enjoyed to watch this much in a very long time. To make the playoffs for once was great, and for all the crappy seasons we had, we should be grateful we wont over 30 games!

I'd rather be a lottery team and have the chance to get Kyrie Irving or Kemba Walker than getting swept in the first round. A sweep is like no postseason at all or actually even worse, because of the anticlimax.

The only thing I'm happy about is that we landed Melo in february and the fact STAT had a great regular season.

Apart from that, not much to cheer about. We don't have a center, we don't have a shooting guard and Billups is not what we need at point guard.

I think we have about 4 players on our roster that should return next year: STAT, Melo, Turiaf and Shawne Williams.

Douglas and Carter are possibilities - that would take it to 6.

Release all other guys, they're completely useless and won't take us anywhere.

Sign DeAndre Jordan and trade for Chris Paul, fill the roster with veterans on minimum contracts like Eddie House, TMac etc.

One thing that became obvious in the playoffs is that we need more quality on our roster. Apart from our superstars we have nothing. Especially the bench is way too weak in terms of scoring.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
havent had this much fun since the ewing era... but the fun is over and changes still need to be made... but i do hope we keep some of the bench like douglas walker and shawn williams because i think those 3 gave it there all during the playoffs... the talent and experinece wasnt there but they looked tough... true new yorkers

skisloper

Starter
Not only was this fun but look where we were this time last year.....

Now we are heading into the summer with 2 definite starters in Melo and Amare....we can sit on a beach and daydream because it only gets better from here.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Patric Young

Knicks should draft Patric Young as a Ben Wallace Charles Oakley Anthony Mason type enforcer.

The Celtics got away with dirty plays that injured both Billups and Douglas (he played with a bum shoulder after Garnett tripped him up, hence his terrible shooting in the last three games, affected his defense also).

Meanwhile Carmelo gets called for a flagrant 1 for minor body contact on a contested shot.

But even with the uneven officiating playing field, you can bet that a hard-nosed defender like Young would have found a way to retaliate and injure Rondo or Garnett or Pierce (Davis and Allen played clean and would not have deserved it).

miked1958

Rotation player
Well we will never know

Knicks should draft Patric Young as a Ben Wallace Charles Oakley Anthony Mason type enforcer.

The Celtics got away with dirty plays that injured both Billups and Douglas (he played with a bum shoulder after Garnett tripped him up, hence his terrible shooting in the last three games, affected his defense also).

Meanwhile Carmelo gets called for a flagrant 1 for minor body contact on a contested shot.

But even with the uneven officiating playing field, you can bet that a hard-nosed defender like Young would have found a way to retaliate and injure Rondo or Garnett or Pierce (Davis and Allen played clean and would not have deserved it).

What could have happened had some of those horrific calls gone our way in the first 2games. Losing both those games the way we did, with boston getting every important call weather they deserved it or not, had to take ALL the wind out of the sails of any upset plans the knicks had. It showed when they got home, boston played loose unlike they did in the first 2games, we played tight scared to go down 0-3 or get swept and it showed. If we had got 1 of those games or both, then we would not be sitting here right now talking about next season, we would be no worse then tied 2-2 even if we lost 1 of the away games.
I truely think had we won at least 1 up there we would have at least split at home. so at worst tied 2-2 right now or be up 3-1 going back to boston for game 5. Instead the refs made darn sure the knicks would make another early exit so they would have good ratings in 2nd round with boston and miami. Our time will come, i think we are finally on the right track.

jpz17

Starter
I'd rather be a lottery team and have the chance to get Kyrie Irving or Kemba Walker than getting swept in the first round. A sweep is like no postseason at all or actually even worse, because of the anticlimax.

The only thing I'm happy about is that we landed Melo in february and the fact STAT had a great regular season.

Apart from that, not much to cheer about. We don't have a center, we don't have a shooting guard and Billups is not what we need at point guard.

I think we have about 4 players on our roster that should return next year: STAT, Melo, Turiaf and Shawne Williams.

Douglas and Carter are possibilities - that would take it to 6.

Release all other guys, they're completely useless and won't take us anywhere.

Sign DeAndre Jordan and trade for Chris Paul, fill the roster with veterans on minimum contracts like Eddie House, TMac etc.

One thing that became obvious in the playoffs is that we need more quality on our roster. Apart from our superstars we have nothing. Especially the bench is way too weak in terms of scoring.

WOW, what fan you are. You'd rather have the Cavs record than the Knicks'. get outta here man.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
WOW, what fan you are. You'd rather have the Cavs record than the Knicks'. get outta here man.

ya i dont really get all the bumming... we made the playoffs...its what was expected at the beginning of the season and i thought we had some real good games like beating the spurs at home... never woulda thought that could happen... i like where were at... not where we ended... but where were at

smokes

Huge Member
ya i dont really get all the bumming... we made the playoffs...its what was expected at the beginning of the season and i thought we had some real good games like beating the spurs at home... never woulda thought that could happen... i like where were at... not where we ended... but where were at

Er maybe because the thread was created within like 10 minutes of us being eliminated from the playoffs?!

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Well now that the season is over and I'm officially over the beatdown we got on our home court those last 2 games I can honestly say that this has been a great season (as compared to the dreadful last 8 or so). This year I was able to sit comfortably and watch the games proudly knowing that there was a serious future for basketball in NY.

We were able to put pieces together this year and see positive results with just a few of the parts in place. Now I look forward to the rest of the puzzle being put together and once it's finished ... ohh what a masterpiece it will be.