Wish Lists, State your own Argue Mine

I went with affordable veterans that have provided the intangibles for their teams, as well as players with talent that can fit into our team, with out having to be the GO to guy because in the past that obviously didnt work.
Plus they all play defense and all have been on playoff, winning teams before.

Troy Murphy
Jason Kapono
TJ ford
Deshawn Stevenson
Tayshaun Prince
Chuck Hayes
S Battier
Jeff Foster
Carl Landry
Grant Hill
REggie Evans
Josh HOward.

I feel we should target these guys to fill out our bench.

My wishlist goes like this:

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
DeAndre Jordan
Deron Williams
Javale McGee
Daequan Cook
Eddie House
Nick Young
Jarett Jack
Samuel Dalembert
Reggie Williams
Reggie Evans

Coaches
Jeff Van Gundy
Jerry Sloan
Phil Jackson
Rick Adelman
Monty Williams
Nate McMillen

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Draft a pass first PG with speed and good court vision.

Sign a Center like D. Jordan.

Fill out needs with remaining cap.

Sign JVG as coach.

Obviously I would love CP3 but I am stating what I think can actually happen this off season.

I constructed my list with the idea in mind of who is or isnt a restricted free agent this summer.

technically paul/howard arent available unless we trade for them, we dont really have any pieces to trade for those two, but we can sign them in 2012 or sign and trade them if we pick up pieces this year.

I Was thinking more bench players like players to fill out our roster

Jordan is restriced, clips will make us unload the bank to pry him from their fingers because they know kaman is out, and if you want to keep griffen and gordon, they have to make the playoffs, which means you need to keep a 7 foot 22 year old prodigy like jordan.

I constructed my list with the idea in mind of who is or isnt a restricted free agent this summer.

technically paul/howard arent available unless we trade for them, we dont really have any pieces to trade for those two, but we can sign them in 2012 or sign and trade them if we pick up pieces this year.

I Was thinking more bench players like players to fill out our roster

Jordan is restriced, clips will make us unload the bank to pry him from their fingers because they know kaman is out, and if you want to keep griffen and gordon, they have to make the playoffs, which means you need to keep a 7 foot 22 year old prodigy like jordan.

I agree with you on all points.

But isn't Jordan worth the money?
I think he's on the verge of becoming the next Marcus Camby and I'd pay around $9,5 million a year for a 22 year old Camby clone.

Let's splash the cash on him and pray he stays healthy for the next 5 years. Then acquire a good PG from somewhere

and in theory we could trade STAT plus role players and picks for Howard. I know it's not gonna happen, but you said we don't have the assets - I don't think Orlando can get much more than STAT in return for Howard.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think TJ Ford would relish the opportunity to revamp his career.

He's still young, 28, and still has the skills. He is, however, only 5'10" and 165. That's TINY. Sebastian Telfair is another to consider in a reserve role.

On my wish list is CJ Miles of Utah.

He is a competent player at the 2. He's only 24, and has some smooth offence and range. Plenty of up side and adds great depth as either starter or reserve to Fields depending how his off-season goes.

Crazy⑧s;177276 said:
I think TJ Ford would relish the opportunity to revamp his career.

He's still young, 28, and still has the skills. He is, however, only 5'10" and 165. That's TINY. Sebastian Telfair is another to consider in a reserve role.

On my wish list is CJ Miles of Utah.

He is a competent player at the 2. He's only 24, and has some smooth offence and range. Plenty of up side and adds great depth as either starter or reserve to Fields depending how his off-season goes.
CJ Miles would be a good pickup, Earl Watson would be great too.

My Wishlist:

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Deandre Jordan
Marc Gasol
Reggie Williams
Earl Watson
CJ Miles
Jeff Foster
Joel Przybilla
Nazr Mohammed
Daequan Cook
Shane Battier
Reggie Evans

These are some i came up with from the top of my head i know I'm forgetting someone.

Coaches:
JVG
Adelman
Phil Jackson

My Wishlist:

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Deandre Jordan
Marc Gasol
these four, Ide say are an impossbility this off season, unless we trade melo or amare, gasol wont sign with us for anything less than 10 mil per yr, jordan the clips are gonna get nutty to keep him along side griffen, and howard and paul we have to trade melo or amare to get, unless we wait until 2012.

every one else i like on this list.

Reggie Williams
Earl Watson
CJ Miles
Jeff Foster
Joel Przybilla
Nazr Mohammed
Daequan Cook
Shane Battier
Reggie Evans

These are some i came up with from the top of my head i know I'm forgetting someone.

Coaches:
JVG
Adelman
Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson 10 percent chance we get him
Adelman 75 percent chance we get him
JVG 30 percent chance we him

Dantoni returning 90 percent chance.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
For Center honestly the only guy I think we have a shot at is Sam Dalembert for the right money.

For a veteran off the bench I want Tayshuan Prince, Grant Hill or Shane Battier.

For the draft I want Faried, One of the Morris Brothers, Kemba or Jimmer

I want Chauncey to get bought out then signed to a respectable 2 yr contract.

I want MDA gone, and JVG back.

I want to resign Shawne Williams, Release Balkman, Trade Turiaf, and Cut loose everyone else even Bill Walker.

C-Dalembert
PF-Amare
SF-Melo
SG-Prince
PG-Billups

Bench:
Douglas
Fields
Shawne
Faried
Jerome Jordan
INSERT Summer League Stud
INSERT Veteran Role Player

For Center honestly the only guy I think we have a shot at is Sam Dalembert for the right money.

For a veteran off the bench I want Tayshuan Prince, Grant Hill or Shane Battier.

I want to resign Shawne Williams, Release Balkman, Trade Turiaf, and Cut loose everyone else even Bill Walker.

C-Dalembert
PF-Amare
SF-Melo
SG-Prince
PG-Billups

Bench:
Douglas
Fields
Shawne
Faried
Jerome Jordan

well said that was the idea i had in mind when i created the thread. Realistic situations, which is what you stated, I can see prince wanting to team up with billups, imagine getting RIp hamilton for a cheap price to come off the bench and knock down shots for us, hes a better option at the 2 guard than any one we have now.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

C-Dalembert
PF-Amare
SF-Melo
SG-Prince
PG-Billups

Bench:
Douglas
Fields
Shawne
Faried
Jerome Jordan

I think Balkman will be handy as a trade filler. If we were to give up cash and still be paying his $1M/annum, it'd be a bit of a waste with a more restrictive agreement in place.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
prince would be interesting... he would fit the vet makeup of the team and add some defense letting fields come off the bench. i like chandler from dallas as a stop gap at center... hes 28 seems to keep improving a plus is he is use to playing with blackhole/chuckers like nowitzki so he would fit right in next to stat... i would wait till 012 to blow my money... add a few more guys, let the team and coach go one more year then make a big move.

prince would be interesting... he would fit the vet makeup of the team and add some defense letting fields come off the bench. i like chandler from dallas as a stop gap at center... hes 28 seems to keep improving a plus is he is use to playing with blackhole/chuckers like nowitzki so he would fit right in next to stat... i would wait till 012 to blow my money... add a few more guys, let the team and coach go one more year then make a big move.

well the thing is we are losing half our squad this summer, and I dont believe many will want to resign for another year, knowing they will be gone come 2012. The guys we have now will use the numbers they produced with the knicks to seek a multiyr small scale contract, rather than stay here for another year killing chemistry.

So we need to start to add to the overall picture now, include building block players that will be a part of the movement to become elite.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
How many of these guys will take the vet minimum to play with us? That is the real question, in two parts. How many will take the vet minimum? And how many will want to sign with the Knicks for 1 year?

Players have lined up to play with Miami, L.A. and Boston. I suspect we will see many of them go to OKC next year. When we traded for Melo and Billups, none of the free agents wanted to sign with us. All we got was Jeffries.

If we keep Billups we will have approximately $61 mil in team salary with only 8 players on the roster.

If we dump Billups we will have approximately $50 mil in team salary with only 7 players on the roster.

The cap this year was $58 mil.

We will not have enough cap space to really add much to this roster. And if our goal is to have cap space in 2012, it is unlikely we will give any player more than a 1 year deal, or use the full MLE (if it even exists after the new CBA). How many players will take a minimum deal at 1 year?

It is likely our roster will be very similar to the one we have now, plus/minus a few minor changes. Anthony Carter, Shawne Williams, Jeffries, Mason Jr and Shelden Williams are all expiring contracts and will most likely not be here next year.

Billups, Fields, Melo, Amare, Rautins, Turiaf, Balkman and Douglas. That is the roster. Who will take a vet minimum 1 year contract to play with that roster?

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Well I just read the Grant Hill loves NYC and gushed about our team. I would love him to be here as well. CP3 is doing great dont get me wrong but its about the role players and rounding out the roster, so honestly I dont think we should get him. We need a Center, a solid backup PG (TD23 proved to me he cant handle it, he should switch to a SG), and a veteran bench presence ala Battier, Hil, Prince. Thats truly all we need along with hungry rookies to be a factor next year. Also a defensive minded strong willed coach. Honestly I think Corey Brewer would have garnered us at least one win this series no joke.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wishlist
1. Fire Antoni and replace him with a defensive minded coach.
Patrick Ewing, Mike Brown, Rick Adelman, Scott Skiles, etc. would be good candidates.
2. Move Amar'e Stoudemire to power forward and get a center who hustles for rebounds and can block shots. Samuel Dalembert, Troy Murphy(if healthy), or DeAndre Jordan.
3. Use a 9 man rotation, so that Stoudemire won't burn out like how he did this year under the Antoni system.
4. Drop Chauncey Billups and use MLE to sign younger and cheaper point guard.