We got swept because...

• Walsh is overrated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melo is a choke-artist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
If D'Antoni is so great, and Walsh is a genius: pays players a lot of money and they come here, definitely a genius, why are we the only ones to get swept out of the playoffs??????????????

Injuries? Well, how do the Sixers, who don't even have a player averaging 16ppg, get a win? How are the Pacers able to beat the Bulls?

Thoughts?

CoolClyde

as much as I hate Antoni, there's no way an NBA team can compete without a point guard, especially in the SSOL. STAT's bad back def contributed to lack of fire and cohesion, so i have to vote "injuries", but I second "crappy coach"

Blumatic

Rotation player
No only because we were injured. We played against the most complete team in the eastern conference.

Rondo dishing, Ray Allen shooting lights out from 3's with hands in his face. Pierce slashing, Garnett posting with a killer jumpshot. Oneal hitting open jumpers (fomer all star).

Atlanta is up and down. Orlando looking suspect. Miami cant close if game is close. Bulls overrated team.

Look we looked really bad the past 2 games, injuries aside, everywhere the ball went there was a hall of fame option.

Everywhere the ball went for us there was a dleague option.

Boston will go to the Finals. And I hope they do. They were there already before our team. So its no big deal.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Because we don't have a TEAM. We have two "superstars", one aging always injured ex-star PG, and nothing else. We traded away all our depth, assets, draft picks and flexibility for Melo. Get used to being early playoff exits. This is our future.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I voted for injuries but its partly crappy coach too. Its always been a combination of both. We should have one at least one game in BOS but didn't because of injuries AND subpar coaching.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Because we don't have a TEAM. We have two "superstars", one aging always injured ex-star PG, and nothing else. We traded away all our depth, assets, draft picks and flexibility for Melo. Get used to being early playoff exits. This is our future.

Billups is not always injured and saying he's aging is a moot point since his current age doesn't prevent him from playing at a high level.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Billups is not always injured and saying he's aging is a moot point since his current age doesn't prevent him from playing at a high level.

You've convinced me. We're winning a championship with Billups, Melo, Amare, Fields, Douglas, Rautins, Turiaf, Balkman + minimum veterans.

p0nder

Starter
I had a hard time choosing between crappy coaching and injuries. STAT's disappearance after game one was what did us in. But the brain farts at the end of game 1 and 2 fall squarely on the coach and would have prevented the sweep, tho a series loss to the celtics was inevitable. I still believe a Miami matchup would have been much more favorable for the Knicks.

As well the "team" we have is FAR from complete. We need a pass first PG more then anything. I am hoping that we can strike a deal with Billups to get him on the cheap and bring in a young, pure PG for him to mentor. I think he did a great job with Toney Douglas, but TD is not really built for this team and it's become apparent after his post-seasons failures.

And, as always, Size is an issue that the knicks need to address. But give a lot of credit to Melo and guys like Jefferies for stepping up and cleaning the glass a bit. Despite being undersized the knicks didn't do an awful job rebounding the ball, just 'poor'.

I'm still encouraged by the play of our team, particularly Melo. He took over that game when he dropped 42 and grabbed 17 boards. That is championship caliber heart and hustle right there. Reminds me of Dwade from last year when the heat were eliminated 4-1. Hopefully some help is on the way in the way of a pass first PG and a two-way-30-minute-7'-bigman (ala. Jordan?)

I really think this team will end up in the top 3 next year at the end of the season. I have faith in Donnie Walsh to get it done.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Injuries had nothing to do with both teams coming out of a timeout, only for KG to get a lob at the rim, uncontested, to go up one. Only for JJ to remain in the game and then blow it.

This is the same lob play that Jeffries tried to Fields back in March, when Melo was standing in front of him pleading for the ball. And when MDA was asked about said play after the game he said "eeeehhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmm those are tough plays you know, uhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a Hail Mary at that point, so we just tried it and hoped" or something to that effect.

So I guess that he thought since those plays are so low percentage there was no need to protect against it when trying to protect your lead with literally seconds left on the clock? What's the reason for the team to not be prepared for that play coming out of a mother. ****ing. timeout when you literally have 20 secs to a minute to discuss what you're gonna do once you step back onto the court? Injuries?

Give. Me. A. ****ing. Break.

I hate this culture of excuses while ignoring details that seems to have been cultivated by the talking heads on ESPN. A win is a win, a loss is a loss and probably only occurred due to some excuse/event out of or control, and there are no details that directly lead to wins or loses, only boxscores.

petescud

Starter
Injuries, crappy coach, and we were exposed in the playoffs by one of the better proven playoff teams. I thought the first 2 games we should had won. Those i'll blame on the coach...oh, and the Celtics didn't need Shaq against us, so they basically were at full strength

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
as much as I hate Antoni, there's no way an NBA team can compete without a point guard, especially in the SSOL. STAT's bad back def contributed to lack of fire and cohesion, so i have to vote "injuries", but I second "crappy coach"

666 posts, Clyde. You demonic spawn, you!

I agree.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol at the people who voted injuries.

I guess using your logic, the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay should have gotten swept.

But I guess Zach Randolph is just lightyears ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

And what about the 76ers winning a playoff game without a single 16 point per game player, and with a washed up Elton Brand leading the way against the #2 seed Miami Heat?

People need to stop obssessing over D'Antoni. For real.

P.S.-I'm sorry, but Carmelo Anthony's a choke artist. I don't dislike him as a player, but he has got to stop playing like crap in the postseason. It's getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Not to mention the Hornets without David West! And they don't even have alot of talent to begin with yet are giving the Lakers a good run

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
It was really sad that we were the only team to not even win a game. Injuries or not, it is sickening that us fans didn't even get to taste at least ONE victory. PATHETIC!!!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I think that, like Stephon Marbury stated, I am not talking winning the series, I am talking getting one win, like Philly and Denver and even Indy was able to do.

Anyway, fire 'Antoni!