I Have Seen The Light: Fire D'antoni!

p0nder

Starter
I just wanted to go back to this. there was a lot of knowledge about why D'ant was ****ing with our team and now that he's gone it sheads a lot of light onto what the knicks need to do differently to succeed. So far they are doing the things we didn't see D'ant do.

Yes this thread was a reaction to the playoff loss but it didn't make the observations any less true. D'ant couldn't adjust or manipulate the game plan to get the W. We're still seeing a lot of D'ants system but it is just being run more effectively, efficiently. We would not make the playoffs with dan't and we would not win a playoff game with D'ant and you can point to the 2010-2011 season as proof.

Kiyaman

Legend
The worst headcoach in Knicks history....Dantoni

He tortured me for 4 long years, i need a little more time, to dance on his grave, sorry.:thumbsup:

:agreed:
I couldnt have said it better....the Knicks have hired some bum coaches in their history....but none of those bum coaches reached the BUM-BUM-BUM level of Celebrity coach Damnphoney cluelessness of coaching in the NBA...the media and sports annoucers kept Dantoni a job in the NBA for Euro-League conection (labeling Dantoni as an offensive-coach on the USA Team....as if headcoach Pop needed an offensive coach with Kobe, CP-3, Deron, Lebron, Wade, Melo, Bosh, and Howard, LOL & LOL)....until I can create a name or label for Flawed-coach-Dantoni....I will keep dancing on his grave too.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
I just wanted to go back to this. there was a lot of knowledge about why D'ant was ****ing with our team and now that he's gone it sheads a lot of light onto what the knicks need to do differently to succeed. So far they are doing the things we didn't see D'ant do.

Yes this thread was a reaction to the playoff loss but it didn't make the observations any less true. D'ant couldn't adjust or manipulate the game plan to get the W. We're still seeing a lot of D'ants system but it is just being run more effectively, efficiently. We would not make the playoffs with dan't and we would not win a playoff game with D'ant and you can point to the 2010-2011 season as proof.

When Billups pulled-out of the game (I mean) got injured in the final 2 minutes of the first game of the playoffs with the Knicks still holding the lead they had all game, to lose the game in the final seconds....when we seen Melo throw the ball to Jefferies for the final winning shot of the game....That was the RED-FLAG to FIRE Dantoni

p0nder

Starter
"Let him be damned in his going out and coming in, The Lord strike him with madness and blindness. May the heavens empty upon him thunderbolts and the wrath of the Omnipotent burn itself unto him in the present and future world. May the Universe light against him and the earth open to swallow him up"

- Pope Clement VI

CoolClyde

"Let him be damned in his going out and coming in, The Lord strike him with madness and blindness. May the heavens empty upon him thunderbolts and the wrath of the Omnipotent burn itself unto him in the present and future world. May the Universe light against him and the earth open to swallow him up"

- Pope Clement VI

AMEN:smokin:

I had been calling for MDAs head since the beginning of the 2010-2011 season. That team played absolutely no defense at all. I mean NONE. It was a sham against the basketball. Most teams at least try to play defense. That team didnt try, at all.

Then Moz and Randolph are both relegated to the bench. I could see if we had a C that was better, but we didnt. Guys got no burn until Moz goes nuts against Detroit. It was at that point that I knew this cat had no clue what he was doing.

It was all about his way and his system. He couldnt adjust to the players he had. It was like he didnt even know the talent on his own roster.

This year starting off at 8-15 sealed his fate with me. No coach in the nba takes that much talent and ruins it. STAT, Melo & TC and you're sitting at 8-15?

MDA was a joke...

goNYgo

Rookie

I had been calling for MDAs head since the beginning of the 2010-2011 season. That team played absolutely no defense at all. I mean NONE. It was a sham against the basketball. Most teams at least try to play defense. That team didnt try, at all.

Then Moz and Randolph are both relegated to the bench. I could see if we had a C that was better, but we didnt. Guys got no burn until Moz goes nuts against Detroit. It was at that point that I knew this cat had no clue what he was doing.

It was all about his way and his system. He couldnt adjust to the players he had. It was like he didnt even know the talent on his own roster.

This year starting off at 8-15 sealed his fate with me. No coach in the nba takes that much talent and ruins it. STAT, Melo & TC and you're sitting at 8-15?

MDA was a joke...
This might be the post post I've ever read on this forum. :agreed: PROPS!

jzero29

Rotation player
He was a terrible judge of talent vs playing time. He never developed guys. Never gives guys a chance.
no defense...and no set offense. No calling numbers...everyone had the green light, when sometimes you have to get the ball to your moneymakers.
hate how he never calls time outs when your guys could use one.
At the end...they were losing close games, because he had no clue how to close out games.