Can Amare and Melo coexist?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
this is an extremely important topic that i dont see anybody touching on..amare seems better when melo is on the bench and vice versa. when theyre on the floor together, their production is waaaay too subpar

im not going to blindly hope a full offseason together will suddenly make them able to coexist. im worried.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Cmon

this is an extremely important topic that i dont see anybody touching on..amare seems better when melo is on the bench and vice versa. when theyre on the floor together, their production is waaaay too subpar

im not going to blindly hope a full offseason together will suddenly make them able to coexist. im worried.

I believe LebuM and D-Bitch faced the same thing early on and look at em now....RELAX What we need is a COACH cause the one we have now is a ****ing JOKE.....

Last edited:

Blumatic

Rotation player
They can play. But they need an adquate point guard or a a new system, like the triangle offense.

To the OP, I see what your saying. They can play well together but it hasnt been consitent. genrally in blowout wins they play well together.

But the only game this year i felt they played well together was the Miami game. Melo had 29 points, STAT had and very efficient 16 pt 10 rebounds per game performance.

Here's the thing about about having superstars. They are a gift and a curse. Whats makes them good, espcially as young superstars is that they belive in themselves so much. At the same time it hurts the team game. But we all know multiple stars are needed to win.

This is where coaching comes in.......Can you make these pieces fit. Can you tell these superstars where gonna do it this way.

Great coached need great players, Great Player need great coaching (not necessarily an already great coach).

Lets see how good MDA is.......

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Of course they can.

If we keep running isolation plays for them, of course they can't.

The offence provided for these 2 made any symbiosis completely impossible.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Ric Bucher says the Knicks wont will with STAT and Melo. He says their games don't fit.

I really dont understand that. They have to augment their games a little interms of passing but I think they fit better than Lebron and Wade.

LBJ and Wade are more successful only because they play great defense along with their team and that allows them to run.

If the Knicks played D we could run too.

Secondly STAT/MELO are better perimeter shooters than Wade/Bron. And perimeter shooting is key. When your open you gotta make it. Wade and Bron dont. They score a lot because they live on teh free throw line. But if the game is physical refs may not call anything and they will have to shoot their shots, which is not their strong suit.

MIA and NYK both have the same problems we do. Ther stars dont play that well together. WIth Boston, they have Rando. BOS big three allow Rondo to make the decision. We need the same thing.

He also felt that Deron Williams was the better deal. You can say that it was but he has no one to throw the ball too. A great pg is useless with dleaguers. They are great with great players.

STAT and Melo just need to work it out.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I believe LebuM and D-Bitch faced the same thing early on and look at em now....RELAX What we need is a COACH cause the one we have now is a ****ing JOKE.....

they also said fire spolstra, now that the team is clicking, people forgot that they wanted pat riley to come frfom retirement because spo CANT coach 3 superstars.

skisloper

Starter
In order to be an interesting sports writer/commentator u have to choose a side one or the other...

There is no 2 person combo thats exists on another team that I would rather have then Amare and Melo...

Not Wade/Bosh
Not Kobe/Bynum
Not Johnson/Horford
Not Garnett/Pierce
Not Kidd/Outlaw ( haha )

KingCharles34

All Star
Can you coexist with me after i give u this one star?

neg rep
icon13.gif