NeNe

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wellllllllll?

What about him? He has a player option for $12 mil. I seriously doubt he would take the MLE. I hope he does but that is a large pay cut. Like 50% of his salary. He would be my favorite Knick if he sacrificed that much to play in New York though. More than Melo did for us, that's for sure.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What about him? He has a player option for $12 mil. I seriously doubt he would take the MLE. I hope he does but that is a large pay cut. Like 50% of his salary. He would be my favorite Knick if he sacrificed that much to play in New York though. More than Melo did for us, that's for sure.
Ohhhh. Thought he was a FA. I don't see him giving up that much, would be GREAT to get him though if did that, or the season after. Defends, and is very good on offense.

Overrated & overpriced.

DOn't agree one bit, he's top 5 every year in Fg% a great Ft shooter
and a real banger at the C position, perfect guy to pair with Amare
So he can get his Midrange game going. Also he works well in the P-n-r
idk if we can afford him we may need to move the Turiaf.

He is not what we need at the C position. Nene is a poor rebounder for his size. We don't need a scorer we need a guy that will rebound and guard players like Dwight, Bynum, etc.

STAT1

Starter

Career 7 rebounds & 1 block per game average for a 7 footer with his athleticism is not what we need at the C position. This guy likes to operate in the post too, how is that going to work when we already have 2 superstars that like to do the same? What we need is a defensive intimidator in the paint, someone who will make guys think twice about penetrating into the middle, not someone who looks for his own offense in the paint. A guy like Dalembert makes much more sense, even though I'm not so sure he's worth giving up any shot at CP3 in 2012 either.