Your 2011/2012 NY Knicks

dave2138

Rotation player
What do you think of the excess SG/SF the Grizzlies will have on their team going into next year. I would think there is a decent chance we could get a deal on 1 of them at the cost of a back up center in Turiaf for them to replace Marc Gasol with (assuming he leaves).

Gay is obviously not available. Tony Allen is likely untradable as well due to the value he has on defense.

Mayo, Sam Young, Xavier Henry...at least 1 has to go. I would really like Henry and hope he will be undervalued and sold on a discount. But Mayo is the most realistic. He's also an expiring contract so won't interfere with plans to sign Chris Paul.

I know he was about to be traded to Indiana for McRoberts and a 2011 1st round pick...I wonder now with Memphis in "win-now" mode if they will trade him for players that fit a need instead of having better upside.

Something like Mayo + Vasquez for Douglas + Turiaf

Billups
Mayo
Anthony
Stoudemire
Dalembert

Vasquez
Fields
Walker
Faried/Morris
Jordan

PG: Billups/ Watson/ Douglas/ Rautins
SG: Fields/ Douglas/ Thompson
SF: Carmelo/ Walker/ Balkman
PF: Stoudemire/ Williams
C: Dalembert/ Turiaf/ Jordan

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
What do you think of the excess SG/SF the Grizzlies will have on their team going into next year. I would think there is a decent chance we could get a deal on 1 of them at the cost of a back up center in Turiaf for them to replace Marc Gasol with (assuming he leaves).

Gay is obviously not available. Tony Allen is likely untradable as well due to the value he has on defense.

Mayo, Sam Young, Xavier Henry...at least 1 has to go. I would really like Henry and hope he will be undervalued and sold on a discount. But Mayo is the most realistic. He's also an expiring contract so won't interfere with plans to sign Chris Paul.

I know he was about to be traded to Indiana for McRoberts and a 2011 1st round pick...I wonder now with Memphis in "win-now" mode if they will trade him for players that fit a need instead of having better upside.

Something like Mayo + Vasquez for Douglas + Turiaf

Billups
Mayo
Anthony
Stoudemire
Dalembert

Vasquez
Fields
Walker
Faried/Morris
Jordan

+1
I like Mayo and Vasquez. Mayo can provide solid scoring off the bench or can easily replace fields as the starting SG. Also, I can see Vasquez reaching his potential with Mr. Big Shot's help

STAT1

Starter
I personally don't think we're gonna get Dalembert, he will likely want a multi-year contract & I think Dolan & Walsh are gonna want to make a run at CP3 in 2012.

I'm thinking this is a more realistic depth chart for next season:

C - Turiaf / Jeff Foster / Jerome Jordan
PF - STAT / Kenneth Faried / Jeffries (ugh)
SF - Melo / Shawne Williams / Balkman
SG - Fields / Walker / Rautins
PG - Billups / TD / AC

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I personally don't think we're gonna get Dalembert, he will likely want a multi-year contract & I think Dolan & Walsh are gonna want to make a run at CP3 in 2012.

I'm thinking this is a more realistic depth chart for next season:

C - Turiaf / Jeff Foster / Jerome Jordan
PF - STAT / Kenneth Faried / Jeffries (ugh)
SF - Melo / Shawne Williams / Balkman
SG - Fields / Walker / Rautins
PG - Billups / TD / AC

This is the forecast in the thread that seems most likely.
And ofcourse you've your boy AC coming back.. ;-)