So those also in favor of getting a PG/C instead of a max, which two do you want?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Forget trades and caps, we don't know what's going on now, so let's just have some fun.

I don't think we have a shot at DeAndre Jordan because of the Clippers probably willing to match any offer (unless he gets an offer WAY high), and with Billups contract I don't know if we even could.

So...

PG-Beno Udrih
C-Javale McGee

Beno Udrih doesn't put up big averages in any category, except one, FG%. I think this past season he averaged about 12 and 4 on 49 something percent shooting. Just imagine the numbers he'd put on our team with that efficiency. Heck, I'd take those numbers with that kind of efficiency, but it might have to be a little higher, which it probably would with STAT and Melo.

McGee, well I've heard a lot of his low basketball IQ, but he seems like he has potential.

Both are young, and McGee is very young, so we'd be in good shape for many years at the C spot of he works.

Add in hopefully Billups comes back with us.

If you're in favor of a max, well since we don't know what's gonna happen, list your alternatives.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously if D'Antoni isn't our coach we don't need an amazing PG. When you have two superstars on the team you don't need an amazing PG you just need someone who can make crisp passes and occasionally hit the open shot, Udrih is perfect for that. I was thinking someone like TJ Ford myself, but he's probably more of a backup PG.

JaVale is a good idea, I just have no idea how to get him.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
The wiz will not let Javale go for cheap. He is like a god around here even though he has not proven shit.:2cents:

Kiyaman

Legend
The truth is sad sad sad

Amare, Melo, and Billups cant recruit Dalembert as long as Dantoni is
the Knicks headcoach. The 3-Star-Players has no wins at recruiting
any decent player with Dantoni style of coaching.
Plus they have bigger competitors in Boston Big-3, and Miami Big-3
in the super-star recruiting FA war in the offseason.
I actually believe young Durant & Westbrook power at recruiting players
is 100 times stronger than the Knicks b/c we have Dantoni as our
headcoach.....small-ball, small-rotation, no-defense, and a no-closer-plan.

Kiyaman

Legend
The best two FA for the Knicks would be C-Dalembert & PG-Brooks
And Faried in the 2011 draft-class, plus add 2010 pick Jerome Jordan
to the roster.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
IIf the trailblazers do not go ahead and re-up on Greg Oden, I would implore the Knicks to JUMP at the opportunity to get him. I know I know, he's been injured at every turn since joining the NBA. But I believe his talents and potential are greater than any other big man on the market(besides Yao when he's healthy of course) when Oden has played he's proven to be a great talent on the defensive end. Perfect for what the Knicks need. His offensive skills are not polished but do they really need to be? I know its a risk, but at least its a risk with a high reward in the end. All other big men on the market, are also risk and their reqard will not equal to what Odens would be. But that could all be a pipe dream if Portland decides he's worth the chance and signs him. Pointguard, TJ Ford would be good fit in my book

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Amare, Melo, and Billups cant recruit Dalembert as long as Dantoni is
the Knicks headcoach. The 3-Star-Players has no wins at recruiting
any decent player with Dantoni style of coaching.
Plus they have bigger competitors in Boston Big-3, and Miami Big-3
in the super-star recruiting FA war in the offseason.
I actually believe young Durant & Westbrook power at recruiting players
is 100 times stronger than the Knicks b/c we have Dantoni as our
headcoach.....small-ball, small-rotation, no-defense, and a no-closer-plan.

Thats funny because the very star players you mentioned came aboard with D'antoni as coach. But of course, they dont count because it doesn't fit into your fact free conspiracy theories! :thumbsup: Of course you are right, Billups, Amare and Melo have not yet attracted any star since they came on board at the deadline...

Last edited:
Thats funny because the very star players you mentioned came aboard with D'antoni as coach. But of course, they dont count because it doesn't fit into your fact free conspiracy theories! :thumbsup: Of course you are right, Billups, Amare and Melo have not yet attracted any star since they came on board at the deadline...
This.
People are trying to find any little thing to fire D'antoni.:boohoo:

Marek

Benchwarmer
I don't see any PG's available for a non-max deal that will be as good as Billups, or even better than TD (who I'd expect to have a breakout 3rd season with his shoulder healed and some training camp tutelage from Billups). Unless we can get Felton back.

Dalembert could fit the limited role of defender/rebounder, and I'll be happy as long as he can score from 3ft away better than Jared Jeffries. He kinda falls in love with the 12ft jumper sometimes, but that's fine as long as he crashes the boards and remembers to clog the paint on defense. He'll be a 4th or 5th option on offense, anyway.

The problem is, as said in the Dalembert thread, his price will be inflated by the shortage of decent centers in the NBA. If NY can get a good deal on him, then I'd be satisfied with him at the mean ugly 5 spot.

knicksin60

Starter
There is no doubt that if I were building a team the two players that I would covet the most are Eddy Curry and Jerome James.

There is no doubt that if I were building a team the two players that I would covet the most are Eddy Curry and Jerome James.
warning.jpg

jpz17

Starter
Well, drat a center obviously.. then I'd say get a good point and a veteran center like Dalem.. Another thing that I thought was interesting is picking up Artest this off season.

Marek

Benchwarmer
It's a weak draft for centers.
I don't think they go for need at #17 in this draft. Just draft the best guy on the board and have him provide depth off the bench.

Red

TYPE-A

Hummm....

Wonder if $100mil and a trade inclusion had anything to do with that?

After all I recall someone saying Billups didn't even want to be here.

Oh yeah... I forgot... we hired D'Antoni because he's a players coach.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Hummm....

Wonder if $100mil and a trade inclusion had anything to do with that?

After all I recall someone saying Billups didn't even want to be here.

Oh yeah... I forgot... we hired D'Antoni because he's a players coach.

Damn dude you stay stalking me!

300_138689.jpg

Notice the RED complexion!

STAT would have gotten 100 Mil from multiple teams and is a max money player. (the Suns are a notoriously cheap poorly ran franchise who regrets ever letting him go) Melo could have gone to several teams but made it clear he wanted NYC. Billups is 34 and a Denver native that desired NO other team but his home town. I know none of these inconvenient truths jive with you distortions but too bad.

So again 2 of 3 players willingly came here knowing who our coach was(and still support him!) therefore Kiyas comment is just yet another of his made up conspiracy theories. Further his other comment about Billups, Melo and Amare not being able to lure anyone here is just laughable considering that they were acquired at the deadline. I suspect you know this but couldn't help yourself because you are seeking my attention...:thumbsup:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Trade for a 2nd draft pick

This is the key concept I think.

There is only one top center in the draft (Enes Kanter). The 2nd best center is Lucas Noguiera, projected as mid- to late- 20s, so don't waste the #17 pick unless K Faried is gone by then. The PGs available at #17 are not very exciting either, unless maybe Fredette. But Reggie Jackson is not the point guard of the future.

So taking Faried at #17 and trading to get Noguiera is the best plan.

I would take a chance on Oden, but the risks are obvious. Dalembert as a stop-gap until Noguiera is ready (and possible trade chip if we have to take Okafor in the Chirs Paul deal) makes more sense to me.

If we sign DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol, I do not see us ever getting a point guard to succeed Billups (even the 2014 draft seems unlikely, we will not be picking high enough). All we would get is veterans at the minimum. The only way I sign either of these, is if the Hornets specifically tell us that they would covet that player.

Stocking up on young bigs with upside (Faried, Noguiera, and JJordan), along with a cheap short-term veteran (Dalembert) seems like the right plan. Then we have a real shot at a Stat/Melo/CP3 big three and some young bigs, a defensive enforcer in Faried, a solid all-around high IQ team player SG in Fields, now you are talkin' baby......

Last edited: