STAT for D12

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Quickly here are my points :
No taking back bad contracts, no 3 years of 1st round picks, nothing, just straight up STAT for D12 and throw in a minor filler to make the salaries fit

Orlando doing this trade with us
Orlando:
- Dont want to lose D12 for nothin (ie RuPaul Bosh, LePhag)
- Trading for Bynum doesnt replace the star power you lose be losing D12
- STAT is still only 28, from Florida, in his prime and already a ALL STAR
- They can still compete at a high level with STAT, not with Bynum
- i dont see many other destinations D12 is willing to go to (maybe Bklyn)
- Chicago cant get D12 (even if they give up deng,noah) because they would have to take back arenas and they dont have the cap space , and worry about signing DRose

Us doing this trade with Orlando
Knicks
- do i even have to say what we get by getting D12

how you guys feel about this (in terms of is it a sensible/logical trade scenario)

KingCharles34

All Star
No knicks fans wanna see Stat leave after he just got here and put all his heart into making us relevant again...well at least in the lockerroom and on offense, i cant say defensively however.

If we look at this from a strictly business perspective and leave emotions behind, it probably makes more sense especially if it leaves the Knicks with enough assets to still make a run at CP3

CP3, Melo, Dwight > Cp3, Melo, Amare

No matter what happens the Knicks have to whatever it takes to get CP3, aside from trading Stat or Melo.

Lets face the facts...

It dont matter if u like Dantoni or not, hes here to stay for at least next year. He wont get fired simply for the fact that the Knicks have made several changes and its unfair to evaluate the performance of any coach under these conditions. For the Knicks to be a championship team it will take a very good point guard that can score, distribute, and defend unlike Nash. CP3 is that dude, straight up

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
i got no doubt abt us being a multi-championship ball club with melo, d12, cp3, the only concern i have with CP3 is his knees. when hes healthy, no ones better, but knees and back for a baller are the 2 primary things that go. so if cp3 stays healthy, i would pursue him with all the cap we got.

No knicks fans wanna see Stat leave after he just got here and put all his heart into making us relevant again...well at least in the lockerroom and on offense, i cant say defensively however.

If we look at this from a strictly business perspective and leave emotions behind, it probably makes more sense especially if it leaves the Knicks with enough assets to still make a run at CP3

CP3, Melo, Dwight > Cp3, Melo, Amare

No matter what happens the Knicks have to whatever it takes to get CP3, aside from trading Stat or Melo.

Lets face the facts...

It dont matter if u like Dantoni or not, hes here to stay for at least next year. He wont get fired simply for the fact that the Knicks have made several changes and its unfair to evaluate the performance of any coach under these conditions. For the Knicks to be a championship team it will take a very good point guard that can score, distribute, and defend unlike Nash. CP3 is that dude, straight up

Marek

Benchwarmer
Stat for D12 would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

If you're only talking X's and O's, then yeah, it's good for NY.

Emotionally, it would be a train wreck to trade Stat after what he did for this team last season. He didn't just play at an MVP level for the first half. He embraced the city, legitimized the team, and made NY relevant enough that it's no longer laughable to think that other stars would want to come here. You can't repay that by trading him a year later.

Even business-wise, it would be suicidal. If the Knicks disrespect Stat so coldly by trading him now, no one will trust this front office until Walsh and Dolan are gone.

The only loophole I see is if Stat starts lobbying for this trade. Then, the Knicks won't look like backstabbers. But it's not gonna happen.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
thats totally questionable. nyers respect winning more than anything else....y did we keep giving isaiah thomas the benefit of the doubt wen he kept on bringing in bad contract after bad contract.....cuz we thought it would help us win.

i respect stat as much as any other nyk fan but dont get it twisted and say we shouldnt trade stat for d12 out of loyalty. give me basketball reasons, reasons that make sense and prove that our team is not better with d12 compared to stat.
the only way i dont do this trade is if we are forced to take a bad contract back, and thas only cuz i wanna target cp3. d12 is a game changer, and can control both ends of the floor. is younger, less injury prone, and a 3 time defensive player of the year.....im jus gonna stop trying to justify d12 over stat.....pointless for those who cant understand bball.

Stat for D12 would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

If you're only talking X's and O's, then yeah, it's good for NY.

Emotionally, it would be a train wreck to trade Stat after what he did for this team last season. He didn't just play at an MVP level for the first half. He embraced the city, legitimized the team, and made NY relevant enough that it's no longer laughable to think that other stars would want to come here. You can't repay that by trading him a year later.

Even business-wise, it would be suicidal. If the Knicks disrespect Stat so coldly by trading him now, no one will trust this front office until Walsh and Dolan are gone.

The only loophole I see is if Stat starts lobbying for this trade. Then, the Knicks won't look like backstabbers. But it's not gonna happen.

Marek

Benchwarmer
give me basketball reasons, reasons that make sense and prove that our team is not better with d12 compared to stat.

Like I said, if you're just looking at X's and O's, then Stat for Dwight is a good trade. No brainer.

Everything else I wrote still stands, though. It would be bad PR, but the fans & media would get over it. More importantly, it would kill morale, and players would never trust this front office again unless Amare were genuinely on board with it.

TakMan

Rotation player
Don't like Howard. All the Knicks have to do is make a couple of clever adjustments and they can win this. Billups, Anthony, and Stoudamire coupled with a proper center (possibly a vet) and a decent SG should be able to compete for a ring. Stoudamire's second year will be memorable. Knicks are on the up. Orlando....not so much.

knicksin60

Starter
I would trade Amar'e for Howard in a heartbeat just like I would have traded a 34 year old Patrick Ewing for a 24 year old Shaquille O'Neal fifteen years ago.

Before any of you decide to take it personal, if one trade made the Knicks an instant championship contender wouldn't you do it regardless of the loyalty that a player has had to the Knicks and their fans?

The NBA is all about improving a team in the direction that they will eventually be a title contender.Not that the Knicks aren't headed in that direction with Amar'e, but replacing him with Howard would instantly make the Knicks go from a low seeded playoff team to a top 3 team in the entire league.

I would love to have Amar'e at the power forward position and Howard at the center position, but with the uncertainty of the new CBA coming up and the possibility that Orlando might receive trade proposals from a number of teams, the best chance of acquiring Howard could be to offer the Magic Stoudemire.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Just not a deal that Orlando is going to do, especially straight up!

Amare is the best player on our team, Dwight is the best player in the league at his position. As good as Amare is at the offensive end he is nowhere near as good as Dwight is on the defensive end.

I get the idea that they don't want to lose Dwight for nothing, yet I would take Gasol and Lamar Odom for him over Stat for sure.

Sage

Rotation player
Can't argue with trying to nab a 3 time defensive player of the year, especially with our shortcomings in that area. But no way Orlando makes that trade. They'd want to pillage a team same as what Denver did and we just don't have the assets.

Plus Orlando would probably try to offload one of Hedo or Arenas contracts.

STAT1

Starter
Dwight is not gonna be a Knick guys. Face reality. STAT is the guy the Knicks have hitched their wagon to. If Dwight gets traded, the obvious candidate is the Lakers. They have everything he's looking for & they have everything the Magic would be looking for in return.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
hmm so lets see, orlando would be getting.....
pau "soft as terry cloth" gasol
lamar "tweeting about my reality show before game 1 of the playoffs" odom

lets say the lakers have to take back arenas,fine!

now you have lamar odom and hedo playing the same position, while eating into ryan andersons minutes. you have brandon bass, who doesnt rebound or play an inside game, at the 4 playing with pau who cant play inside.then you got stan van gundy, a defensive minded coach trying to teach pau how to play defense?
the people of orlando payed for the new arena there....are they really buying tickets to come see those guys play? really?

you might be right, in the end , the magic management might feel thats the best deal out there for them to get, but i dont know how much of a fan base you keep if you dont bring in a star for a star.
and in the end, the person with all the power is dwight. he could simply say , im only signing an extension with so and so , and no other team will even attempt to trade for him.

Dwight is not gonna be a Knick guys. Face reality. STAT is the guy the Knicks have hitched their wagon to. If Dwight gets traded, the obvious candidate is the Lakers. They have everything he's looking for & they have everything the Magic would be looking for in return.

moneyg

Starter
Can't argue with trying to nab a 3 time defensive player of the year, especially with our shortcomings in that area. But no way Orlando makes that trade. They'd want to pillage a team same as what Denver did and we just don't have the assets.

Plus Orlando would probably try to offload one of Hedo or Arenas contracts.

guaranteed orlando will look to unload a contract or two with D12...

but id get over trading stat for him.. im sure the knicks would make it look his knees are a concern for PR reasons....

they wont get as big a package as Denver because there is no CBA influence on the trade...

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
lets look at this from another angle....Orlando's position.

The Magic can only trade D12 to a team he wants to go to because he can refuse to sign an extension and no team will rent him for 1 or 1/2 a season.
According to media, his list of preferred teams is Lakers,Knicks,Nets,Mavs

From Knicks - can get STAT
From Lakers - can get Bynum, Odom
From Nets - lopez, picks
From Mavs - Chandler, picks

Who are you trading him to now....?

guaranteed orlando will look to unload a contract or two with D12...

but id get over trading stat for him.. im sure the knicks would make it look his knees are a concern for PR reasons....

they wont get as big a package as Denver because there is no CBA influence on the trade...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the Knicks should trade Carmelo Anthony for Dwight Howard.

Howard is clutch in the playoffs, and he plays with his back to the basket, while Stoudemire plays well facing the basket. I think they'd complement each other well.

PG Billups SG Douglas SF Fields PF Stoudemire C Howard is good enough to get passed the first round. All the Knicks would need is a solid shooting guard, and they'd be contenders.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Lol at people in fairly 2k11 land thinkin we are gonna give up melo are amare plz just Stfu

If the Knicks want Dwight Howard, they are going to have to trade either Carmelo Anthony or Amar'e Stoudemire.

The Knicks don't have enough capspace to sign Melo, D12, and STAT.
Howard is going to ask for 20 million/year.

I would rather keep Stoudemire and move Melo, since Stoudemire is WAY more clutch in the playoffs than Anthony. Plus, the Knicks would have two scoring machines down low.

moneyg

Starter
lets look at this from another angle....Orlando's position.

The Magic can only trade D12 to a team he wants to go to because he can refuse to sign an extension and no team will rent him for 1 or 1/2 a season.
According to media, his list of preferred teams is Lakers,Knicks,Nets,Mavs

From Knicks - can get STAT
From Lakers - can get Bynum, Odom
From Nets - lopez, picks
From Mavs - Chandler, picks

Who are you trading him to now....?

the team he will sign an extension with... what other team would make that trade on an expiring contract??

Marek

Benchwarmer
Dwight doesn't want to come to NY, anyway.

It's LA. It always was going to be LA. Pau & Bynum for Dwight. Boom.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
No

This post just needs to be overlooked. We didnt sign STAT just for him to be shipped out to FL. He's the reason why we even made the playoffs this year...Fans gotta be believe that this melo and amare show WILL eventually work! Amare is a hell of a player, honestly dwight just blocks more shots...if CP3 joins....amare, him, melo, and billups will win games, leave dwight to rot in FL my man