Phil Jackson to Coach the Knicks????

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I do not want him at all he had his chance and he went to the Lakers. Now that shit is falling out the box he wants to tag along to see if he can win with us **** that shit.:2cents:

I will say this getting Jackson would make sense from a cap space POV since we would only need the two maxes we have to be competitive instead of acquiring a 3rd Star. However Shawne Williams is not Odom or even Odom lite..... We had a dude like that but I don't wanna go there.

Honestly if we drafted Faried you would hope he could take the role Rodman had since the Knicks would have the personnel to be a hybrid of the Lakers and the Bulls version of the Triangle.

The other interesting aspect of going for Jackson is that roster moves wouldn't be a clear sign if Donnie wanted Jackson to come here or not until 2012 and CP3. With CP3 D'antoni system would very likely be highly successful again but a combination of Billups [if his age doesn't catch up], Douglas, and Carter [if his age doesn't catch up] could run the Triangle for a few years easy.

haha I made the same argument in the original thread, when some one said the same thing. I am not comparing williams and odom in terms of skill or talent, I am speaking in terms of how phil jackson would use him would be high top of the key, to knock down elbow threes and drift in and out of the paint while the ball works its way around the perimeter or goes in and out to melo and amare in the high post, I just see williams being utilized off the bench in a samilar fashion to how odom was used; not by any means saying

Williams can be Odom.