Who's going to be watching the NBA Draft Lottery?

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
I feel like ALL teams should have a chance at the number 1 pick. Even if it's like .01% chance for the best team. Just to create some more excitement and get more people to watch. Unless your teams in the bottom 10 it almost doesn't even matter.

I feel like ALL teams should have a chance at the number 1 pick. Even if it's like .01% chance for the best team. Just to create some more excitement and get more people to watch. Unless your teams in the bottom 10 it almost doesn't even matter.

imagine the outrage if a team like the lakers or heat got the #1 overall pick. people get angry enough when the team with the 6th or 7th worst record get the #1 pick.

knicksin60

Starter
I really don't care much about finding out which team is going to receive the number 1 pick.It probably is going to be a team that always gets a high draft pick but continues staying in the cellar.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I am going to watch it while waiting for the Western Finals Game 1 to start.....

Gonna feel kinda weird not seeing the Knicks involved, a nice change of pace :gony:

Sage

Rotation player
Apparently the Cavs got the eventually number 1 pick from the clippers, not their own pick. Around a 2.5% chance of that being the number 1.

Good for them after the Lebron disaster.

Wow because of that Mo Williams trade the Clippers lost a #1 draft pick. They could have had Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin on the same team SMH

Red

TYPE-A
Trade our #1 (17th pick) & Fields, Douglas or both, for a top ten pick and a 2nd rounder if possible.

I'm thinking the Knicks don't plan on going far and are gearing up for another "wait til' next year" type season, underscored by keeping D'Antoni...

we mind as well think ahead and start getting players who fit better while our self imposed expectations are low.

I'm with sacrificing Fields/Douglas in hopes that our top ten pick is a difference maker.

We take a step back but in the long run should be able to acquire a more quality piece instead of hoping a 17th pick isn't just another bench warmer.
And this player hopefully a big can learn on the job for a year.

+ I'm not sure if we still have a 1st round 2012 pick, do we?

Your thoughts on trading up with Fields and or Douglas?

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Trade our #1 (17th pick) & Fields, Douglas or both, for a top ten pick and a 2nd rounder if possible.

I'm thinking the Knicks don't plan on going far and are gearing up for another "wait til' next year" type season, underscored by keeping D'Antoni...

we mind as well think ahead and start getting players who fit better while our self imposed expectations are low.

I'm with sacrificing Fields/Douglas in hopes that our top ten pick is a difference maker.

We take a step back but in the long run should be able to acquire a more quality piece instead of hoping a 17th pick isn't just another bench warmer.

Nobody would take that trade. Fields regressed and Douglas is a hybrid PG/SG that shows signs of being Larry Hughes out there at points. Best case scenario is Douglas, 17th Pick, and Turiaf traded for the rights to Rubio, and then a 20th-29th pick bought and we draft Selby or Faried.

Yeah lets trade our SG that is known for improving his game every year and arguably our best defender for picks in probably the weakest draft of all time. :thumbsup:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

I wouldn't do it. Douglas was injured and finally stopped shooting every time he got the ball. Fields, his play before the trade wasn't a fluke. There's players who are hot for a couple of months then go to mediocrity. Fields game isn't like that. He's versatile and plays off the ball. I believe he has what it takes to be an All-Star.

I'm pretty happy we even have the 17th pick this year after all that went down. Hopefully we can buy a pick or something too. Do we have a second rounder?

knicksin60

Starter
In a couple years the Cavaliers will be competing with the Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals.Byron Scott is the best coach in the NBA when it comes to coaching pg's and now that the Cavaliers are going to be having Kyle Irving they're going to be a force to be reckoned with in the East.If the Knicks don't fire their coach and restock their roster they are going to be finishing 4th in the standings for years to come.