Who's going to be watching the NBA Draft Lottery?

Red

TYPE-A
Yeah lets trade our SG that is known for improving his game every year and arguably our best defender for picks in probably the weakest draft of all time. :thumbsup:

I hope you mean known for improving his game in college if we are talking about Fields because he was a rookie. Who averaged 1.3 pts per in the playoffs.

Or are you referring to Douglas? Being our best defensive player?

If you are consider this:

1. We were 28th in defense, not exactly a ringing endorsement

2. Douglas and Fields are 2nd rounders, this theoretically is an upgrade

3. The Knicks themselves said Toney Douglas isn't in their plans because he isn't a good decision maker or PG

We have positions of need. That supercedes depth. Without saying as usual they know they aren't winning anything next year. This at the least provides opportunity to fill a position of need for the future.

And IF you conclude that Fields (or TD) have no trade value to any team in the top ten, then all the more reason to acquire an upgrade.

No more excuses, I don't want to hear about how Fields is just in his 2nd year he needs time, and TD can elevate his game beyond what we've seen during his brief career to the point where our positions of need are no longer. That won't happen.

Use the assets to upgrade.

And btw I hate that "weakest draft" sh!t. Its garbage. For every "weak" draft I could name several players that we misjudged. Besides to each his own. Since it subjective and speculative, who knows the value of a prospect beyond the 3rd pick?

We are going to NEED good players, on cheap contracts. We need size, and more depth going forward.

The ONLY way for this to happen is through the draft. Think about it, what center fits our bill can be afforded through free agency.

We can include Turiaf in a trade too if necessary.

Last edited:
I hope you mean known for improving his game in college if we are talking about Fields because he was a rookie. Who averaged 1.3 pts per in the playoffs.

Or are you referring to Douglas? Being our best defensive player?

If you are consider this:

1. We were 28th in defense, not exactly a ringing endorsement

2. Douglas and Fields are 2nd rounders, this theoretically is an upgrade

3. The Knicks themselves said Toney Douglas isn't in their plans because he isn't a good decision maker or PG

We have positions of need. That supercedes depth. Without saying as usual they know they aren't winning anything next year. This at the least provides opportunity to fill a position of need for the future.

And IF you conclude that Fields (or TD) have no trade value to any team in the top ten, then all the more reason to acquire an upgrade.

No more excuses, I don't want to hear about how Fields is just in his 2nd year he needs time, and TD can elevate his game beyond what we've seen during his brief career to the point where our positions of need are no longer. That won't happen.

Use the assets to upgrade.

And btw I hate that "weakest draft" sh!t. Its garbage. For every "weak" draft I could name several players that we misjudged. Besides to each his own. Since it subjective and speculative, who knows the value of a prospect beyond the 3rd pick?

We are going to NEED good players, on cheap contracts. We need size, and more depth going forward.

The ONLY way for this to happen is through the draft. Think about it, what center fits our bill can be afforded through free agency.

We can include Turiaf in a trade too if necessary.
I stopped reading after you said Douglas was a second rounder. Lol jk Maybe we can trade Turiaf, Douglas and filler for their #2 pick and we draft Enes Kanter? Who knows maybe David Kahn will bite, he is known for being an idiot. Kanter has a HUGE upside but he has had ankle issues and could turn out to be the next Greg Oden, but that is a risk i'll be willing to take.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think I'm only open to trading for Rubio if he's the real deal (doesn't even have to be a future All-Star, just a creative pass-first PG would be huge for STAT, Melo, and the rest of our team).

I'm still high on Fields. I definitely say no to trading him.

Red

TYPE-A
I stopped reading after you said Douglas was a second rounder. Lol jk Maybe we can trade Turiaf, Douglas and filler for their #2 pick and we draft Enes Kanter? Who knows maybe David Kahn will bite, he is known for being an idiot. Kanter has a HUGE upside but he has had ankle issues and could turn out to be the next Greg Oden, but that is a risk i'll be willing to take.

My bad, we purchased him at 26 or some sh!t from LA.
Like is said in the other thread,

I can't see how we acquire cheap starting talent at 17 or free agency. Only way is to move up. Those players we have and our 1st for a starter C, Sg, or PG is worth it.

My bad, we purchased him at 26 or some sh!t from LA.
Like is said in the other thread,

I can't see how we acquire cheap starting talent at 17 or free agency. Only way is to move up. Those players we have and our 1st for a starter C, Sg, or PG is worth it.
Can we just build a team for once? Lets just draft Faried and have him come off the bench, sign some defensive vets like Hill, Parker, Foster etc. Fields and TD now know how its like to be in the playoffs and i bet Fields will improve his game this summer, book it.