OLY Quarterfinal 1: USA 102 - Spain 94

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i thought he was no superstar :rolling: im being very very sarcastic, but now thats the marbury we normally see, hes back ;)

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
nycefl said in a previous topic

Stephen Marbury has been so inept these Olympics that I'm beginning to entertain the thought of trading him. He looks clueless out there. He looked out matched in the Nets playoff series. He can't hit a outside shot. He's still one of the tops in the league but I think Isiah may need to consider trading him away to improve this team size and cap-wise.

...........well that sure as hell didnt look clueless or imept to me 5 for 7 from three land and he cant hit an outside shot??????

rady

Administrator
Staff member
well, i just hope this won't be a reason for him to stay lazy, and tomorrow will show us some more

so.. what about the game, what do you think about it?
i think usa got helped by the refs a bit, there were at least 3 calls against spain. larry brown dissapointed me with his last time-out, it was obvious there was nothing possibly that could have stopped usa from winning the game, he just turned the crowd even more against him, not to wise if we get to play the semifinal with greece.
iverson's move from the last 2 seconds was also rude, he really needen't to do that he was a bit low

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.athens2004.com/en/LatestNews/newslist?item=4c6ee3f31899ef00VgnVCM4000002b130c0a____

Two Olympic Records broken by Steph:

Stephon MARBURY broke the points record of US Olympic history in basketball. The New York Knicks guard scored 31 pts against Spain in the Quarterfinals of the Olympic Tournament in Athens, Thursday 26, and became the first American player who scores over 30pts in a single game in the Olympic history.

Charles BARKLEY against Brazil (31/7/1992) and Adrian DANTLEY against Yugoslavia (27/7/1976) were the two players until today who shared the record (30pts).

Marbury broke also a second record with the 6 three-pointers that scored against Spain. He is now the player with the most 3pointers made breaking the record of Regie MILLER who had 5 3pts against China from 1996 (31/7).

e_D

Benchwarmer
I'm thrilled Steph stepped up and did his thing! That's what a true leader does!

I hope Steph comes back from the olympics stronger, smarter, and hungry. :)

newmove

Rotation player
Yey! We won! And Steph stepped up and played better than any1 ever!

So if since now any1 will say that Steph ain't a superstar we be officially announced stupid ass!

Go Stephon, Go USA, GO NY!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Trin_Starr said:
Stephon MARBURY broke the points record of US Olympic history in basketball. The New York Knicks guard scored 31 pts against Spain in the Quarterfinals of the Olympic Tournament in Athens, Thursday 26, and became the first American player who scores over 30pts in a single game in the Olympic history.

yesterday, Macijauskas Arvydas from the lithuanian squad scored 32 points against Del Harris' China. New record :?

jayp

Benchwarmer
yesterday, Macijauskas Arvydas from the lithuanian squad scored 32 points against Del Harris' China. New record

not really.. the record was for US Olympic Men's Basketball only.. anyways, this gets me even more pumped when the season starts :)

JJtheKnick

Starter
even if this team wins the gold they should still have done better. i was expecting them to win every game with out a problem