Mike Brown to coach Lakers

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Should of scooped him up as a defensive assistant. Very underrated coach.
Congrats to Dallas Dirk is a problemmmmm dey takin it dis year.

I expected them to sign Rick Adelman, I guess we'll see just how good of a coach Brown is now. Btw congrats to the Mavs I hope you guys win the championship.

Kiyaman

Legend
Poor construction decison to the Knicks house

After the 2011 draft give Walsh the BOOT.....

u would think after the poor defensive season we had,
Mike Brown shouldve been signed as the Knicks coach a
week after our playoff sweep to extend Walsh contract.

Damnphony has cause Walsh problems with trades/ signings/
draft picks/and coach to player relationship.
The Dantoni-brothers has been termites in a house.
How do Walsh expect to rebuild a house without getting rid of
the breeding termites first???

Blumatic

Rotation player
Im a little pissed off to be honest. He was the coach we needed. To me Donnie is too patient. I dont like this "give the guy a chance" b.s. by Donnie.

I love Donnie, I love that he has a steady approach in a franchise that can be impulsive. But now is the time to not settle.

If Dantoni can become a defensive minded coach (did i say that?) hey, I will be thrilled but that is not his personality. And that is really why MDA struggles here, his defeatist insecure attitude along with a determination to do it his way.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The Lakers front office think he's appropriate to COACH the team, but many on KO questioned me when I suggested he be offered the job as defensive assistant..

There's a serious deficit of logic here on KO from a lot of posters.

All I was saying then is that he could come in and coach our boys defensively. He could have done this with aplomb.

Y'all hate it when I'm right.

I know it.. :gony:

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
I would not object to him as a defensive coach but would not want him as our headcoach.

he is still a slight upgrade to our current coach.. thats a fact

the good thing about mike brown is that he understand he not a great offensive coach.. oantoni doesnt understand he is a bad defensive coach.. at least brown brings in the proper assistant to help out in areas where he lacks..

O'antoni is not that type of coach.. he thinks he $hit dont stink....

all the teams in the playoffs that have been advancing are very good in one area.. DEFENSE... thats a priority.. Dallas has bought into with Rick C. brought in Tyson chandler spliting time with Haywood and the basket is protected 24/7...