Rip Hamilton a Free Agent??? Could play the 2 Guard

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Rip Hamilton could be a free agent this summer to add to the list of NBA free agents SG's

would RIP be a good fit for 1 yr deal?:boohoo:

the question is can he be had for the veteran minimum???:crossfingers:

You ask How?:peace:

Well it turns out that CAVS are looking to add the 2nd pick in 2011 NBA draft

with a 3 team trade proposal that includes CAVS - WOLVES - PISTONS

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6603100

Too be honest Rip Hamilton is exactly what we need as our SG, the only problem is that he isn't a free agent this offseason and how would we be able to trade for him.

Too be honest Rip Hamilton is exactly what we need as our SG, the only problem is that he isn't a free agent this offseason and how would we be able to trade for him.

The article says that if the Cavs acquire Rip via a 3-way trade to ultimately get the #2 pick in the draft, they will likely buy Rip out of the 2 years and $25 million he has left on his contract, making him a free agent. Nothing wrong with adding Rip for the veteran minimum, but the article speculates that he is likely to go to the Bulls. Not saying that I know anything about this myself, just repeating what is described in the article.

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer

If you read the article it states -

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.

Now if Im Donnie Walsh I'm calling Billups to do

his best D Wade impression

of conversing behind the scenes like Dwade did w/ James and Bosh

talk to Rip about considering NY instead of CHI to play

CHI isnt a better team than NYK IMO

if given the chance in a 7 game series the KNICKS beat the BULLS:gony:

In all honesty the KNICKS should go after RIP and/ or Grant Hill

adding depth plus experience along with a Certifiable starting SG

with either RIP or Hill:beer::thumbsup::gony:

It would be a great signing for sure. With the roster we have we could use a sg who doesnt need the rock to score and does it rather by constantly running off picks ala Ray Allen.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I've heard too many bad things about him from Pistons fans lately....

Just out of curiosity... What have you heard?

Adding him would be huge but I do remember him getting benched for a long stretch because of friction between him and the Piston's coach.

Adding him would also force Mike D'antoni to change his playbook. Rip needs screens so that means slowing down the offense, which is something we all have said needs to be done with this roster.