Who is your Starting 2G?

Who do you have for NYK starting SG in 2011-12?

• Grant Hill

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Rip Hamilton

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Landry Fields

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Landry Fields, Grant Hill or Rip Hamilton at starting 2G for NYK in 2011 - 2012 Season?:smokin:

I ll take Grant Hill to play starting SG for NYK

then RIP Hamilton if available after buy out

then Fields in this order

Last edited:

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
why isn't tmac part of this list? Make him apart of it NOW

Also, Wilson Chandler. Both are very possible options. Why would you leave them out.

finestrg

Rotation player
Fields provided he isn't traded. If he shits the bed, Marshon Brooks, the guy I want them to grab at 17.

moneyg

Starter
Fields provided he isn't traded. If he shits the bed, Marshon Brooks, the guy I want them to grab at 17.

marshon should get a shot...... but id like t mac to get up in there....mainly becuz you can play hlm and td in the backcourt together.....

i think fields should backup melo....

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Brooks seems to have an NBA ready skill-set. He's more polished than Fields already as far as what you'd want from your 2.

I'd like us to draft him and a couple of bigs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Landry Fields or a FA J.Richardson excepting the MLE

Thinking as a coach.....Fields 2nd season should be tutored by a decent veteran starting-SG, plus he should receive 30 mpg backing up the SG and SF spot.

Kiyaman

Legend

Marshon Brooks is not ready to be a starter in the NBA.....especially
alongside of Melo & Amare.

So far making Billups a happy player in New York....
Billups leadership is going to have Landry Fields (play) as Prince,
Carmelo (play) as RIP, and Amare (play) as Rasheed in a halfcourt-setting
with alot of design offensive-plays for each of the three-players to score
easy baskets, including himself.

Its funny how the Knicks (really) need three-players out of the 2011-draft-class
to help compliment our super-stars.....
SG-Marshon Brooks, SF-Kenneth Faried, PF-Jordan Williams or Jeremy Tyler
The big question is....what will Donnie Walsh do on draft night to secure an extension???

Wargames

Starter
Hamilton would be great since he doesnt need the ball to get his offense going and can catch and shoot off the screen. I remember reading chancy saying he would do his best to get veterans to come to NY to Play. Rip would be a great start. Add to the fact that money shouldn't be an issue because he will still being paid by the cavs only makes it sweeter.

Fields can come off the bench and would also add a lot of strength to the teams second unit.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Let me throw a wrench in this... Now I know he is a SF but if we do resign Wilson Chandler we could play him at 2G.

Think of the matchup problems, we still have Bill Walker and maybe use Mid Level Exemption to sign J.R. Smith...

Wilson is beloved in New York and it is believed that he would love to come back. J.R. Smith is from the east coast and could return to reunite with Melo.

J.R. could play 2G, SF, and even run the point depending on the opponent.

Wargames

Starter
Let me throw a wrench in this... Now I know he is a SF but if we do resign Wilson Chandler we could play him at 2G.

Think of the matchup problems, we still have Bill Walker and maybe use Mid Level Exemption to sign J.R. Smith...

Wilson is beloved in New York and it is believed that he would love to come back. J.R. Smith is from the east coast and could return to reunite with Melo.

J.R. could play 2G, SF, and even run the point depending on the opponent.

I like the idea, Wilson showed he could play as a 6th man and still be productive. Plus reports say he may give the Knicks a rebate just to return to NY. Also right now if the Knicks played the current Heat lineup he would be good for guarding wade and lebron for stretches allowing the Knicks starters time to rest. add to that if Mike D went with a small lineup Wilson is another decent outside shooter it makes sense. I'm not sure he should be the knicks starting sg though.

As for SG salary wise Rip would be better going forward because JR will want to get paid. People are overlooking the fact Rip may come here for the Vet min or Mason money because he will be well paid for 2 seasons from being bought out. That means the Knicks can spend the MLE elsewhere.

Plus Rip is great at moving without the ball which is exactly what we need. he can be the Knicks Ray Allen getting open over screens minus the 3's. Also add in JR's tendency to get in trouble and NY's zero crime policy and it just makes sense to go for Rip over JR. Anyhow like I said before Chauncy specifically said a strength to giving him an extension was his ability to recruit. Of all his contacts Rip may fill the largest Knicks need going forward.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
Marshon Brooks is not ready to be a starter in the NBA.....especially
alongside of Melo & Amare.

So far making Billups a happy player in New York....
Billups leadership is going to have Landry Fields (play) as Prince,
Carmelo (play) as RIP, and Amare (play) as Rasheed in a halfcourt-setting
with alot of design offensive-plays for each of the three-players to score
easy baskets, including himself.

Its funny how the Knicks (really) need three-players out of the 2011-draft-class
to help compliment our super-stars.....
SG-Marshon Brooks, SF-Kenneth Faried, PF-Jordan Williams or Jeremy Tyler
The big question is....what will Donnie Walsh do on draft night to secure an extension???

agreed with some... however....nobody knew fields would be a starter either...and marshon is way more talented than fields....hes worth the pick if we can buy late in first and draft both him and faried...

marshon is very talented and will always be able to get his shot off.... even on the nba level...reminds me of paul pierce....

i still think we would need another big or backup pg in this draft.. by buying a second round pick or two....

Kiyaman

Legend
agreed with some... however....nobody knew fields would be a starter either...and marshon is way more talented than fields....hes worth the pick if we can buy late in first and draft both him and faried...

marshon is very talented and will always be able to get his shot off.... even on the nba level...reminds me of paul pierce....

i still think we would need another big or backup pg in this draft.. by buying a second round pick or two....

Who is the better SG on OKC....Sefolosho or Harden?
and who is the starter-SG? Why?
Sefolosho all-around athletic talent vs Harden high IQ peremeter shooting?
The Knicks getting Marshon Brooks out of the draft, Marshon & Fields
would give the Knicks the same situation OKC have at their SG rotation.
Making Fields the Starter with Amare & Melo with Marshon offense off
the bench.

Oh....hell yeah we are going to have two buy two picks in this draft