We Need Dwight Howard to Win it all.. Forget CP3

Its impossible to get both Dwight and Cp3 but I can really see the Nba let teams renegotiate contracts because i'm sure the NBA doesn't want contracts like Gilbert Arenas, it has happened before and if it does then I want to renegotiate STAT & Melo's contract.

That really depends on the CBA. But say you can renegotiate contracts. Hopefully a hard cap at 75 mill. Pay all four players 14.25 mill each. You got almost 20 mill to fill out your roster. The players would have to want to do it, but hey it works for me...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The coach is a whole different issue.. Lebron and Wade were always known as good to greaat defenders.. This is the 3rd season Lebron made 1st team all defense.. That's hardly average..Dwight is a top 2 or 3 player in this league and his strengths fit our needs

Many would say that LeBron did not deserve his All-Defensive team awards until this year. In any case it's very clear that Miami turned Chris Bosh into a great defender when he was mediocre at best in Toronto and was labeled as soft, so...why can't we do the same with anybody else?

I'm just saying we don't NEED a big time center if we get the right coaching staff...but we don't need a big time PG with the right coaching staff either...

knicksin60

Starter
I found a good way for the Knicks to get both Dwight Howard and CP3 and I didn't even have to use any ESPN trading machine to do it.

If the new CBA holds up for the Knicks, they could sign Dwight Howard as a free agent.And then go right ahead and convince Chris Paul to retire so that they could replace Mike D'antoni with him as the next Knicks coach.

The Knicks would be the most dominant basketball team in the history of the NBA with Amar'e, Melo, and D12 and CP3 as their coach.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
We stand a better chance at CP3, but I don't want him at the cost of a team. We need defense right now more than anything else. Dwight brings that instantly.

However, Dwight is not coming to NY when he has other teams to go to like LA.

The only way we get Dwight is if we give up Amar'e. We have no other pieces to trade and Orlando would not trade Dwight without getting something huge in return.

Lakers, for the chance at him, I'm willing to bet will give Bynum or Gasol. Who's to say that the Bulls don't get involved and offer Noah and other pieces as well.

The only way Dwight comes is if he really wants to and most recent reports indicate that he wants to stay in Orlando. If that is the case you will see a trade between either NJ/NO for Deron or Paul to Orlando. Probably will need to be a three way trade too, as Orlando has some hefty contracts.

I think the Knicks are a bit behind the 8 ball on a third superstar, which is okay by me. We need players who are defensive minded right now. I would love a Luol Deng/Noah type before CP3. Dwight Howard would provide the defensive mindset we need, but it will come at a cost and it is a long shot at best.

What makes the Heat amazing is that their two main superstars are defensive minded as well as offensive minded. We don't have that with Amar'e or Melo. CP3 is not going to solve that. As such, we need to fill out the roster with players who will mask that deficiency.

I dare anyone to look at these playoffs and tell me that defense like the Heat plays is not important. Top offensive team, top defensive team. It is the best chance we have at championship.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
LeBron was not as a good a defender in Cleveland...he stepped up his game in Miami because Spoelstra is a good game coach and they work together and have good leadership.

We have Chauncey Billups who should provide the same thing from a personnel standpoint, now all we need is a coach who emphasizes defense a bit more (I don't believe that D'Antoni cares as little about defense as people think he does, but I do think that he doesn't have very good defensive schemes and his defensive strategy is basically "GET BACK AND STAY ON THE BALL")

Red

TYPE-A
"The biggest thing right now is everybody understands I have one more year left. I'm keeping my options open, but there's no other place I'd rather be than Orlando. I want them to understand that.

"But, at the same time, I do want to win, make sure everything is in line: our team, just everything from top to bottom, everybody is reaching for a championship. It can't be me and a couple other guys. It's gotta be the whole team ? everybody on the staff. It's the same goal: the championship attitude. As of right now, I don't plan to be anywhere else besides Orlando."

If there is anyone to clamor for, for us it's Howard.

jzero29

Rotation player
I like howard...but to much and to many guns

We don't have anything to trade for Howard, it would be tough to sign him out right without stripping the entire roster besides melo and amare...not to mention the one ball thing. We need a pass first point guard and a shut the paint down big man, both with servicable offensive games. Like say Tyson Chandler type guy, if not tyson chandler. I like his toughness and rebounding. Decent game could be better offensively, but servicable. PG? I have no answer. CP3 would be nice, but I'd love a chauncey billups type in his prime. hits the big shot, faciltates the game.

Howard is a pipe dream...paul...is a long shot. we need some lucky draught picks and some good scouting of undrafted developing talent.