So are the Heat basically helping us?

I think its going to help Donnie realize that we're going to have to go the big 3 route and get cp3. I'm pretty sure he's seeing how dominant the Heat look right now with their big 3 and that their only going to get better.

**** a big 3. I think what they help us realize is that we're gonna have to be able to play both sides of the ball if we have any shot at winning anything. Defense is just as if not more important as offense

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think its going to help Donnie realize that we're going to have to go the big 3 route and get cp3. I'm pretty sure he's seeing how dominant the Heat look right now with their big 3 and that their only going to get better.

The Bulls and Miami are tied for 2nd in defensive scoring. We need to make to a commitment to that side like they do because to took theto the Conference Finals and Finals. But we need the that third guy to spread the defense because of Miami and Chicago. Because what they do is load up on one guy. and played 5 on 4 vs. Boston b/c of Rondo's inability to score.

With a guy like CP3 he can dissect any defenses. He just has no one to help him out.

Everyone on this board needs to understand this: WE NEED EVERYTHING. We a sooooooo far from being anything like Miami.

However, we are the only team in the East that can get it done quickly. We're one star and 2 to 3 complimentary players away. We're a good coach away.

A lot of other teams are stuck where they are financially without any stars, some teams, franchises, and cities are just unattractive. The New York Knicks are sexy, and available.

Go Knicks

Red

TYPE-A

Don't confuse your personal feelings with Donnie's.

**** a big 3. I think what they help us realize is that we're gonna have to be able to play both sides of the ball if we have any shot at winning anything. Defense is just as if not more important as offense

Uh yeah.... but the HEAT shouldn't be credited with helping us realize this.
Our very own DFDH illustrated what these guy's with decades of experience should have already figured out.

What every non-casual fan knows...

Why do you think we here at KOL been arguing about MDA so long?

The Bulls and Miami are tied for 2nd in defensive scoring. We need to make to a commitment to that side like they do because to took theto the Conference Finals and Finals. But we need the that third guy to spread the defense because of Miami and Chicago. Because what they do is load up on one guy. and played 5 on 4 vs. Boston b/c of Rondo's inability to score.

With a guy like CP3 he can dissect any defenses. He just has no one to help him out.

What MIA does well is crowd the paint with help defenders, forcing you to take jumpers. If they go in (i.e. when we beat them & Chi) they lose, if not they win. Simple, yet effective. They also rotate well on the perimeter.

Beating them takes consistent ball movement (under pressure), and knocking down shots.

A guy like CP3 can dissect any defense, so can other guards. he can also stop you from affording quality interior help.

Everyone on this board needs to understand this: WE NEED EVERYTHING. We a sooooooo far from being anything like Miami.

However, we are the only team in the East that can get it done quickly. We're one star and 2 to 3 complimentary players away. We're a good coach away.

A lot of other teams are stuck where they are financially without any stars, some teams, franchises, and cities are just unattractive. The New York Knicks are sexy, and available.

Go Knicks

Nope, we don't need everything. We have a starting 1, 3 & 4. We arguably have a back-up 2 and 5.

As far as "being anything like MIA"...

who the f*ck is like MIA? Who want's to be like MIA? IDK?

I do know they can be beat. They have weaknesses. And if what you are saying we have the potential as some other teams do to compete with them, I agree. But it's about prioritizing based on a plan and strategy.

Walsh needs to decide, does he want to win or sell expensive tickets?

I think he want's to win. And to do that he knows our defense will have to improve by leaps and bounds.

nyk_nyk

All Star
MIA is damn good but not invincible!

Exactly, you don't NEED a big 3. What you do need is a well-balanced team and committment from EVERYONE on defense. This includes the players and coaches. There are plenty of teams that won without a "big 3" and they did it by having good coaching, assignment understanding, heart and defensive knowledge.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
It's not necessarily having a "big 3". They're winning because they have 2 players who can score when the offense breaks down, and score in the clutch.

We have those 2 players as well.

Difference is, there supporting cast is much better than ours, and until proven otherwise, the combo of Wade/Lebron is much better than Melo/Stat.

So we don't need a big 3.

But **** it. Lets get one anyways.

Exactly, you don't NEED a big 3. What you do need is a well-balanced team and committment from EVERYONE on defense. This includes the players and coaches. There are plenty of teams that won without a "big 3" and they did it by having good coaching, assignment understanding, heart and defensive knowledge.

this almost made me post a DFDH Volume 4.

Fire Dantoni thread.

You know damn well, that Dantoni is just a lasting lame duck, I feel like walsh got him because he knew he would be some one who could handle NY and players like Dantoni; to spell the knicks for the four years it would take to finally make Walsh's plan come to fruition, and trust this Walsh has no qualms with firing guys he likes, he got rid of plenty of coaches in his tenure with the pacers; he knows how to fire coaches. The issue lies with this, who will replace him ????

there is no one literally available at this moment, and to fire a coach before he has a full training camp, after taking a team to the playoffs, after all the trades; professionally is unfair to the coach as well as unfair to the team.

It shows that the General manager has no respect for the unity of a team and trying to build something together; I believe you only fire a coach once the team stops getting the message; and Dantoni has had about 6 different teams since he came to NY; which in terms of history probably has never happened before.

I cant think of any team ever that has moved pieces around as much as the knicks over a 3 year span.

So Dantoni will get the benefit of the doubt this year, but that doubt will eventually benefit the knicks in the long run because if dantoni proves those doubts to be correct, he will benefit from a buy out and a boot out the door.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Don't confuse your personal feelings with Donnie's.

Uh yeah.... but the HEAT shouldn't be credited with helping us realize this.
Our very own DFDH illustrated what these guy's with decades of experience should have already figured out.

What every non-casual fan knows...

Why do you think we here at KOL been arguing about MDA so long?

What MIA does well is crowd the paint with help defenders, forcing you to take jumpers. If they go in (i.e. when we beat them & Chi) they lose, if not they win. Simple, yet effective. They also rotate well on the perimeter.

Beating them takes consistent ball movement (under pressure), and knocking down shots.

A guy like CP3 can dissect any defense, so can other guards. he can also stop you from affording quality interior help.

Nope, we don't need everything. We have a starting 1, 3 & 4. We arguably have a back-up 2 and 5.

As far as "being anything like MIA"...

who the f*ck is like MIA? Who want's to be like MIA? IDK?

I do know they can be beat. They have weaknesses. And if what you are saying we have the potential as some other teams do to compete with them, I agree. But it's about prioritizing based on a plan and strategy.

Walsh needs to decide, does he want to win or sell expensive tickets?

I think he want's to win. And to do that he knows our defense will have to improve by leaps and bounds.

Who wants to be like Miami? Who wouldn't want to be 3 games away from the Finals. Who wouldnt want to beat a team with one star, 3 seven footers and a great bench in Dallas. Now things may change but why not go for greatness?

Im not about selling tickets. Neither is Donnie, and neither is getting a player like CP3. I dont want to be "showtime". I want to be a gritty grind it out team defensively but we need to be flexible offensively. We need another dynamic player. Not some guy to run an offense but a guy who can go HAM just like STAT and Melo. Not just some HAM, but a triple double HAM.

petescud

Starter
LBJ and Wade have Killer instinct....Our guys need to develop that...we lost at least 10 games this year, cause we didn't have that. Look at the first 2 games against the Celtics. Sure 1 game was cause of a bad call, but with Killer instinct, that wouldn't had mattered. Wouldn't be in that situation

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I wonder what would have happened with the Bulls if Amar'e went there instead of Boozer. What really hurt them was not having another dominant offensive players out there besides Rose.

I think if Amar'e is on that team, you see them go 7 games if not win it. We don't need a big three. We need a team that does both offense and defense. The Heat aren't winning because they have stars -- they are winning because they have a team that is top ten in defense and offense.

Yeah, you need a star who can take over a game, but you need a team first. We need to build a team. We need the Udonis Haslem's, Luol Deng's and Noah's of this league on our team. Hell, I would even take Joel Anthony.

We have no five, no two, and very little bench. After watching these play-offs, you realize how far we truly are from being a championship team.

Just look how far Chicago got with basically one really good player in Rose and a bunch of other scrappy hard working guys. Defense and good team chemistry can get you a long way. We have two really good players in Melo and Stoudemire. Now we need to improve by a ton on the defensive side.

This is just wrong on so many levels.. The other other guards you speak of, they don't do it like Paul Red.

[
I gotta agree here. CP3 cant be guarded at all. He sees the floor better than any other PG out there. This kid could avg 15 pts & 15 asst with STAT & Melo. We'd still need a serviceable big like Moz (wink wink) and a new......I'll just stop there...