Dwight Howard Not Interested In Signing 2 Yr Extension W/ Orl

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213957/Howard_Not_Interested_In_Signing_Two_Year_Extension

Howard Not Interested In Signing Two-Year Extension
Jun 02, 2011 3:21 PM EDT

Dwight Howard today shot down a report that he will sign a two-year contract extension with theOrlando Magic before the collective bargaining agreement ends on July 1.:crossfingers::beer:

Howard made spoke to reporters this morning as he appeared at a charity event in Birmingham, Ala., to help people affected by late April's deadly tornados.

WKMG Sports Director David "Ping" Pingalore, citing anonymous NBA and Magic sources, reported Monday night that the extension was "all but signed by" Howard.

"There's no truth to that," Howard told reporters in Birmingham.

"The biggest thing right now is everybody understands I have one more year left. I'm keeping my options open, but there's no other place I'd rather be than Orlando. I want them to understand that.

"But, at the same time, I do want to win, make sure everything is in line: our team, just everything from top to bottom, everybody is reaching for a championship. It can't be me and a couple other guys. It's gotta be the whole team ? everybody on the staff. It's the same goal: the championship attitude. As of right now, I don't plan to be anywhere else besides Orlando."

Via Josh Robbins/Orlando Sentinel

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...d_In_Signing_Two_Year_Extension#ixzz1OBVRVdBi

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If it's gotta be the whole thing then he's clearly out of there because Gilbert Arenas' contract is basically akin to saying "better luck when I'm out!"

petescud

Starter
He'd be smart to join Melo and Amar'e and give the Heat all they can handle...I really think he only has a few options if he wants to win, and the knicks lead the list IMO...come on D12....though i hear ya about loving Florida winters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Did they honestly offer him one?

Orlando's front office must be run by baboons.

Washington's FO must be high 5ing the shit out of each other even now.

petescud

Starter
Washington's FO must be high 5ing the shit out of each other even now.

Got that shit right...lol

smokes

Huge Member
I'm not sure what Dwight expects... He is basically saying they need to surround him with more quality players so they can win. Isn't it pretty obvious they can't do that? Even with J-Rich expiring their hands are tied with Arenas and Turkoglu. They just lost a really good 2 guard and somehow they are going to get better with their $75 million roster?

If Dwight is really about winning he is going to have to leave but where to who knows. Although Orlando categorically said they won't be trading him next season, I think when they realise they have nothing to offer him in terms of support they are going to have to or risk losing him for nothing.