BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

KBlack25

Starter
RT @HowardBeckNYT: Knicks announce that Donnie Walsh is leaving, by mutual agreement Glen Grunwald named interim GM...

as the news scrolls on Twitter, one post said that he will consult with the Knicks next season. i'm guessing health issues behind all this then?

KBlack25

Starter
RT @alanhahn: BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh is leaving his position as team president. Will remain as consultant.

a lot left to be revealed, but possible to speculate this is either related to health or irreconcilable differences between walsh and rest of knicks over keeping MDA as coach

finestrg

Rotation player
Well I think D'Antoni's gone now which might actually not be a bad thing.

I just can't believe it. Wow...Couldn't leave well enough alone and let this guy finish the job, huh Dolan? Dude's just the worst owner in sports..Not even up for debate...So much friggin' instability with this guy man..

When's Donnie's official last day? Today? After the draft? Would wanna have somebody in place by the draft making that pick, right? Would Donnie's heart still be in it to do all the necessary leg work leading up to the draft now? I don't think my would...Kinda like when Portland let Pritchard go before the draft but still expected him to oversea matters and then cut ties right after..

Well I think D'Antoni's gone now which might actually not be a bad thing.

I just can't believe it. Wow...Couldn't leave well enough alone and let this guy finish the job, huh Dolan? Dude's just the worst owner in sports..Not even up for debate...So much friggin' instability with this guy man..

When's Donnie's official last day? Today? After the draft? Would wanna have somebody in place by the draft making that pick, right? Would Donnie's heart still be in it to do all the necessary leg work leading up to the draft now? I don't think my would...Kinda like when Portland let Pritchard go before the draft but still expected him to oversea matters and then let him go right after..

a few sources have stated that walsh's contract expires the end of June and he will continue to fill the GM role until that time.

also, imagine we lose walsh and still have MDA, personally, i wouldn't be too thrilled with that result.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
was watching First and Take this morning and almost chocked on my breakfast sandwich WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this the setup for Isiah to return as GM IF SO WE ARE SCREWED FELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Marek

Benchwarmer
I think that Dolan wouldn't bend on certain demands that Walsh was making. There were certainly issues of that sort, and I believe that it was just as much Walsh insisting on doing things correctly as it was Dolan being stubborn.

Considering that Walsh has some health inconveniences and lives apart from his wife in Indiana, he probably said, "Sorry, this isn't working for me, find someone else."

Marek

Benchwarmer
TommyDeeTKB on twitter:

Source tells TKB Walsh was "caught off guard" when informed by Dolan that he wouldn't come to terms...one of the bigger issues was media.

Dolan wanted Walsh to avoid media more. Walsh declined...

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
I wonder if this has been on the cards since DW's option wasn't exercised at the end of April. If DW had to go (how ever he has left - I wonder exactly how mutual it was) I'm kinda glad he's sticking around as a consultant as hes been around the league for years which can only be beneficial to whoever comes in as GM.