BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
My question is since, Walsh brought in Amar'e.... Is Amar'e now on his way out of New York via trade for ..... and who would we go for if we do?

Everyone wants Amar'e & Melo to become a quality tandem but their games are so far a part that moving one to find appropriate pieces to build from.

Thoughts

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
from what i heard on WFAN just now

It seems like Dolan wanted to sign donnie for multiple years but donnie didn't want that and they mutually agreed to walk away with donnie hanging on as a consultant.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer

It seems like Dolan wanted to sign donnie for multiple years but donnie didn't want that and they mutually agreed to walk away with donnie hanging on as a consultant.

Walsh wanted more power over negotiating after the FAIL of the Anthony deal where Dolan stepped in and over shadowed the deal giving everything but the kitchen sink to acquire Melo. Walsh doesn't want that same scenario happening if he stays. Since Dolan doesn't want to give up that power so Walsh decided to step aside and not resign. Yes he will consult, but for how long... Suspicion that Walsh could go back to Indiana and take that job.

Marek

Benchwarmer

Was that the hosts, or did someone come on with an inside report?

Walsh wanted more power over negotiating after the FAIL of the Anthony deal where Dolan stepped in and over shadowed the deal giving everything but the kitchen sink to acquire Melo. Walsh doesn't want that same scenario happening if he stays. Since Dolan doesn't want to give up that power so Walsh decided to step aside and not resign. Yes he will consult, but for how long... Suspicion that Walsh could go back to Indiana and take that job.

The best owners are ones who can trust the people they hire to make good moves. I hate hands-on owners.

moneyg

Starter

no owner should give any GM final say on all decisions... would mark cuban do it... heck no....if he wanted final say.. if im the owner...i have to have the power to veto anything....

jzero29

Rotation player
this is a travesty...that if followed up by a return of isiah, would make me skip being a knicks fan, until his destructive stint is over. an official boycott.

dude. walsh was his first good move. and that was a recent move. whos to say the next guy wont be a good hire?

you said the knicks RIGHT NOW are in a destructive stint
Getting ride of walsh a good move? if you believe that, then there is no point arguing.
Next...what part of..."that if followed up by a return of isiah , would make me skip being a knicks fan, until his(isiah's) destructive stint is over." means that I am saying "the knicks Right Now are in a destructive stint"?
I clearly state if Isiah returns...i will stop being a knick fan for his stint...of DESTRUCTION! yes...destructive stint is only implied if they hire Isiah. READING is fundamental.
I understand if you didn't understand what I was saying,...which I think is the case... reading is a lost art. But if you think a return of Isiah would be a good thing you're crazy, but then again, you think getting ride of walsh is a good idea...so maybe that's the case.

with the use of words like his and hers, referes to the last person mentioned, in above case clearly Isiah. English grammar 101. You are welcome. tomorrow we will be going over more pronouns, like it, it's and them.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
no owner should give any GM final say on all decisions... would mark cuban do it... heck no....if he wanted final say.. if im the owner...i have to have the power to veto anything....

Do you not realize we could of gotten Melo at a lower cost and kept a few good role players in that trade before Dolan stepped in and gave away the entire roster.

moneyg

Starter
Do you not realize we could of gotten Melo at a lower cost and kept a few good role players in that trade before Dolan stepped in and gave away the entire roster.

thats speculation.. not fact....would you give someone total contraol over your cash cow.....only a idiot would.. no GM has final say.. none.. we're only worried about the isiah factor

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
thats speculation.. not fact....would you give someone total contraol over your cash cow.....only a idiot would.. no GM has final say.. none.. we're only worried about the isiah factor

You don't hire a general manager to do his job and pay him. Donnie Walsh is far from Isiah Thomas. Just proven by getting Amar'e to sign here. Isiah would of gave that pay check to the likes of Michael Beasley.

Stop putting your foot in your mouth, a GM's job is to control transactions of day to day operations of an organization. The President/Owner of the organization can veto, but only veto a decision not take over the situation and make the hired employee look like a chump. Donnie Walsh was made to look like a chump in the Melo deal. This is the main reason Walsh is stepping aside.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
"FisolaNYDN

The Daily News has learned that the GM list that Walsh submitted to Dolan two months ago included Bryan Colangelo and Mark Jackson"

Red

TYPE-A
Terrible day in Knick land.

The one stabilizing force we had for three years is gone.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

Mozgov was likely the only guy we keep long term out of all of those dudes we traded. Plus you have to get your core in place before you can worry about role players.

You don't install light fixtures and sinks and shit before you set the foundation and get your load bearing supports up. Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Curry (on the bench) means absolutely nothing if they're not actually supporting something.

If the best record Bulls, with the #1 defense, and MVP, getting handled due to lack of impactful players on the roster...if that doesn't show you that formula to be complete nonsense in the current NBA...especially when the Bulls repeated the same mistake the Cavs made the season before....then your eyes aren't opened wide enough.

The Bulls are also in a tough spot too, because their best bet to get what they need is to find a suitable trade situation for Boozer without compromising their depth...good luck with that. No one is taking on Boozer without some compensation coming along with him and his fresh contract and increasingly weakening play over the course of the season. Their cap situation gets tight next season with Noah's extension kicking in, and then they have to re-up Rose.

The Knicks are in a position to snatch up one of 3 all-star caliber players, Dwight, CP3, or Deron...you mean to tell me that not one of those guys will try to force their way to a team with STAT & Melo? All three will be content with going/staying elsewhere and not take advantage of the opportunity to form an elite team?

I'd rather be in a position where we have 2 elite players and room for a 3rd, as opposed to another team with a great player and nice players surrounding him and not winning rings. Depth is overrated if the other team is lighting you up and you, with all of your depth, can't answer the bell.

I hate Dolan for some of the dickhead shit that he's done in the past, but getting 2 of the starting 10 players in the All-star game is a success every with way.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
We should get Kevin Pritchard who was last with the Trail Blazers. The "Pritch-slap" could do us a ton of good

Yea that's the first name that came to mind. That's the man that fleeced Paxson in 2006 with a Tyrus Thomas for LaMarcus Aldridge draft day trade proposal...enough said, right?

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
"alanhahn
Candidates to replace Walsh likely to include: Mark Warkentien, Kevin Pritchard and Ed Stefanski.
3 minutes ago from TweetDeck"

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yea that's the first name that came to mind. That's the man that fleeced Paxson in 2006 with a Tyrus Thomas for LaMarcus Aldridge draft day trade proposal...enough said, right?

I believe he was an Assistant GM at that time...but he was involved in the decision making for that deal. He also fleeced Minnesota by orchestrating a Randy Foye (!!) for Brandon Roy draft-day deal, getting Rudy Fernandez and James Jones using the trade exception, and making us look bad by dumping Z-Bo's monster contract on us (although it ended up being OK since Channing Frye was...not as good as we thought he could be).

There's also Chris Mullin and Allan Houston waiting in the wings

skisloper

Starter

Dude total control does not mean what u assume it means...

YES DENVER WOULD HAVE DONE THE TRADE WITHOUT MOZGIV BEING INCLUDED......DOLAN PANICKED BECAUSE HE IS A FIRST CLASS ASSHOLE

skisloper

Starter
One can only imagine that Isiah right now is begging Dolan for his job......

Dolan was dumb enough to get rid of Walsh then lets assume he is dumb enough to bring back Isiah....

The guy put him in Cap hell and had a 12 million dollar lost lawsuit against him...

sorry to say but Isiah will be back and I want to f"in Puke.