We can't wait a year!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
And no, nothing about trading for another max, I'm talking about a coach!

Sure, there will be coaches available next year, but there's some top notch coaches available now! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

You can give a guy like Douglas three years, even five, but for a coach who's been around this long, three is his limit for me.

la2ny

Starter
Yeah i want us to get Adelman bad! I can't take noD-Antoni anymore, or atleast a defensive assistant

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Damn straight we can't wait a year. I, for mental health reasons, am going to struggle with waiting another fortnight.

I'd love for D'Antoni to go to Toronto, bench Reggie Evans because he has no O, then we can bring him in to clean our ever dirty glass.

STAT1

Starter
Right now the only coaching candidate out there that really excites me is Phil Jackson. If Doc Rivers decides to leave Boston then he'd be another guy I'd want to target. Not sure how much Rick Adelman would impact the Knicks. If MDA would be open to hiring a defensive assistant to handle that aspect of the game then it makes the thought of him coaching another season a bit less painful for me. Eventually though I still say he's got to go. Popovich would be a dream but he just doesn't strike me as a guy I can picture coaching here. Same goes for Jerry Sloan. I think John Calipari is a guy who's name will be talked about a lot next year if MDA doesn't get an extension.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't want Adelman, his defense is just as bad as MDA's. Isn't Greg Popovich available in 2012?
I don't know about Adelman's defensive coaching, but he's probably WAY better at offense than D'Antoni. Believe me, I want a great defensive team just as much as the next guy, but I'm impressed by Adelman's ability to lead teams to 42 and 43 wins with no superstars for most of that time.

That's something people don't realize, D'Antoni isn't a good offensive coach either from what I've seen. I don't trust him to stop the three ball basketball.

What about Rick Adelman with a new defensive assistant?

On Popovich, I don't see him leaving. It seems the Spurs organization has a bond with long time members. Plus he's won four championships.

la2ny

Starter
I don't want Adelman, his defense is just as bad as MDA's. Isn't Greg Popovich available in 2012?

Dude there is no way you can say that. All those Rockets teams, Kings teams, and Blazers teams were great on D and scrappy ass hell with a no quit attitude. Thats why they made the playoffs and competed the past several years even w/o Yao & T-mac. Even if it wasn't Adelman he must have hired some damn good assistants to hold down that side of the court.

Pop ain't leaving San Antonio if he has the choice. He just seems to be in the mold of a "Jerry Sloan" type of coach. Coaches a small market team that has built a tradition of greatness under him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Let's not forget about the fact that Adelman took a Chris Webber and Peja Stojakovic-led Kings team and almost beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers (questionable officiating in that game...). While Webber is an all-time great and Peja had some good years obviously there was one team there that was far more talented

Kiyaman

Legend
u are damn right!!!

Another fire the coach thread? Really?

In 2005 offseason the Knicks needed to get a decent veteran headcoach,
plus add a center, and PG......adding coach Larry Brown did not pan out,
adding Jerome James & Curry did not pan out, and Nate the great did not
pan out. The Knicks has not forfilled these areas since the 2005 offseason
from lack of poor management decision, plus having the poorest coaching-
staff in the NBA.

Mike Dantoni at best is an assistant coach with defensive-flaws in the NBA.
If u (MsGhobo247) and others has not witness this in Mike Dantoni 8 year
career in the NBA.....then u need to ask somebody.

Having several great players does not win Championships or even a trip
to the FINALS.....having several great players plus a strategic headcoach
wins Championships.
The 2011 Postseason should show u and others this through headcoach
Rick Carlisle, who put together 3/4 of the Detroit Championship team
strategy and rotation, plus took the Pacers to the 2nd round playoffs
after the Detroit-Brawl.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:beer:

Kiyaman

Legend
Let's not forget about the fact that Adelman took a Chris Webber and Peja Stojakovic-led Kings team and almost beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers (questionable officiating in that game...). While Webber is an all-time great and Peja had some good years obviously there was one team there that was far more talented

Adelman is a'ight and 10 times better than the Dantoni-brothers however,
Adelman/ Webber/and Peja were only 40% of the Kings winning
seasons....the 60% belong to the Kings strong leadership Center (???).
The Lakers bought the Kings center, and the Kings went down hill (Lottery Team).

Kiyaman

Legend
Dude there is no way you can say that. All those Rockets teams, Kings teams, and Blazers teams were great on D and scrappy ass hell with a no quit attitude. Thats why they made the playoffs and competed the past several years even w/o Yao & T-mac. Even if it wasn't Adelman he must have hired some damn good assistants to hold down that side of the court.

Pop ain't leaving San Antonio if he has the choice. He just seems to be in the mold of a "Jerry Sloan" type of coach. Coaches a small market team that has built a tradition of greatness under him.

Adelman showed 82 games of poor-poor coaching this past 2010-11
season....the Rockets had a 50 win roster this season.
Adelman's poor coaching lead to alot of the Rockets decent winning
players being traded. Fans and scouts were amazed at the bullshitting
rotation, substitution, and coach to player relationship Adelman showed
in all 82 games....Adelman performance deserve to be FIRED...

Kiyaman

Legend
Right now the only coaching candidate out there that really excites me is Phil Jackson. If Doc Rivers decides to leave Boston then he'd be another guy I'd want to target. Not sure how much Rick Adelman would impact the Knicks. If MDA would be open to hiring a defensive assistant to handle that aspect of the game then it makes the thought of him coaching another season a bit less painful for me. Eventually though I still say he's got to go. Popovich would be a dream but he just doesn't strike me as a guy I can picture coaching here. Same goes for Jerry Sloan. I think John Calipari is a guy who's name will be talked about a lot next year if MDA doesn't get an extension.

Assistant coach Herb Williams is 100 times better a headcoach than the
Dantoni-brothers. The Knicks dont need any top name coach, the Knicks
best interest should be at hiring two strategic assistant coaches (Bill
Lambeer & Mark Jackson) while letting Herb Williams "player to coach
relationship" lead as the Knicks headcoach.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Assistant coach Herb Williams is 100 times better a headcoach than the
Dantoni-brothers. The Knicks dont need any top name coach, the Knicks
best interest should be at hiring two strategic assistant coaches (Bill
Lambeer & Mark Jackson) while letting Herb Williams "player to coach
relationship" lead as the Knicks headcoach.

Herb Williams??????? No thank you. Williams has been holding on to this assistant coaching title for years because he's not cut out for head coach. What exactly is he repsonsible for again?

STAT1

Starter
Herb Williams??????? No thank you. Williams has been holding on to this assistant coaching title for years because he's not cut out for head coach. What exactly is he repsonsible for again?

I agree. I have no idea what Herb Williams has ever done to deserve holding onto his job for this long, the Knicks have been mostly horrible since he's been a coach for this franchise.