off season moves?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Do we resign or deal Chauncey Billups?
Do we trade Amar'e for CP3 and Okafor? (Then do we move Billups)
Do we trade down to stock pile some picks?
Do we trade Landry Fields?
Do we trade/fire Mike D'Antoni?

If we move Billups, do we draft a PG like Charles Jenkins from Hofstra?

Thoughts...

Wargames

Starter
First draft brooks
The buy a pick and draft selby
Buy second get Benson
Trade Douglas for an under used big
Tell jerome Jordan he is staying
See if any vets are available then sign with the lle equivalent (Rip, Hill?)
Try to sign W Chandler to MLE equivalent
Resign Shawne Williams
invite undrafted players to train

Once season starts give GM job to former Denver GM

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
People don't like trade ideas but I love messing around with trade machine. This is not for the off-season, in fact the trade will make sense in the middle of the season or when teams have their roster.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=44q4pkb

Didn't want to make a thread for this incomplete trade and any other trade, but does make the team look great. The trade is for Dwight and it is both interesting and is not totally unreasonable.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
For my real answer for the off-season the Knicks can't do much but resign, draft, and sign players.

Resign
Shawne Williams(played well why not give him another chance)
maybe Anthony Carter (can still play, most importantly pass)
Derrick Brown (can be a real surprise)

Draft
Hard to decide, would hate making the decision. Can't predict who will be available, this is three from most likely to least.
Marshon Brooks
Kenneth Faried
Klay Thompson

Sign
Dalembert
Barbosa
Sessions?

The Knicks need to do a lot to just create a team. Wish I can predict the future.

knicksin60

Starter
Do we resign or deal Chauncey Billups? Only deal him in a package for CP3.

Do we trade Amar'e for CP3 and Okafor?
The Hornets wouldn't want Amar'e's contract.

The Knicks don't have anyone on their roster besides Melo and Amar'e that is worth a first round pick.

Do we trade Landry Fields? Only in a package for a player that will improve the Knicks' roster.

I don't know if it's possible to trade coaches but there is no doubt that he isn't the right coach for the Knicks.

If we move Billups, do we draft a PG like Charles Jenkins from Hofstra? The Knicks are probably going to look for a size in the draft and it seems like Chris Paul is still on their radar.

Marek

Benchwarmer
Alan Hahn just tweeted that NYK worked out Javaris Crittendon and Bonzi Wells in a free agent mini-camp. Wouldn't mind seeing them rounding out our bench.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Do we resign or deal Chauncey Billups? Only deal him in a package for CP3.

Do we trade Amar'e for CP3 and Okafor?
The Hornets wouldn't want Amar'e's contract.

The Knicks don't have anyone on their roster besides Melo and Amar'e that is worth a first round pick.

Do we trade Landry Fields? Only in a package for a player that will improve the Knicks' roster.

I don't know if it's possible to trade coaches but there is no doubt that he isn't the right coach for the Knicks.

If we move Billups, do we draft a PG like Charles Jenkins from Hofstra? The Knicks are probably going to look for a size in the draft and it seems like Chris Paul is still on their radar.

-If we trade down we could acquire players and picks for our 1st Round 17th Pick. The question is not should we trade up, no point for that. There are plenty of players that could develop into lifers or trade bait.

-Yes I trading MD's Coaching Rights to another organization willing to pony up a draft pick or two.

Thugball

Benchwarmer
Spike Lee and Oprah buy team from Dolan
Fire Pringles
Resign Shawne Williams and AC
Sign T-Mac (have him run point on O and guard the 2 on D while Douglas guards the 1)
Sign Dalembert
Draft Faried

Billups/T-Mac/AC
Fields/Douglas
Melo/Williams
Amare/Faried
Dalembert/Turiaf/Jordan

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Spike Lee and Oprah buy team from Dolan
Fire Pringles
Resign Shawne Williams and AC
Sign T-Mac (have him run point on O and guard the 2 on D while Douglas guards the 1)
Sign Dalembert
Draft Faried

Billups/T-Mac/AC
Fields/Douglas
Melo/Williams
Amare/Faried
Dalembert/Turiaf/Jordan

With a good coach...that team would be a 55-win team...we need a coach who knows how to coach a half-court style offense and make use of the fact that Amar'e and Carmelo are beasts in the post. I know Carmelo's a good shooter but seeing him take 3's when he should be posting up other guys is annoying

STAT1

Starter
Do we resign or deal Chauncey Billups?
Do we trade Amar'e for CP3 and Okafor? (Then do we move Billups)
Do we trade Landry Fields?

If we move Billups, do we draft a PG like Charles Jenkins from Hofstra?

Thoughts...

Just my :2cents:

I believe we've already picked up Billups' option for 2012. He will be our starting PG next year barring any trades for CP3, which I doubt will happen. I think if CP3 joins the Knicks, it will be as a 2012 offseason S&T deal or as a straight signing.

I don't see the Knicks trading STAT either, he's the guy this franchise plans to build around, not use as a trade chip.

I doubt we trade down to stock pile picks either. You're not going to get much for a #17 pick anyway. Possibly gain a 2nd rounder for moving down a few slots, but is it worth it? You can just buy a 2nd round pick using cash if you want to go that route.

Personally I think Landry Fields will only get traded in a CP3 deal, unless some talented young C becomes available, but that's probably even less likely to happen. But who knows with a new GM, maybe he doesn't see the same talent in Landry that Donnie did & decides to restock with new talent? Could happen.

I hope now that we're getting a new GM that MDA does get fired, but I have a gut feeling that he'll be the coach for his last year.

I think we'll draft a bigman in the draft personally. Kenneth Faried seems like the right fit for our needs for rebounding up front, but if MDA is our head coach he'll probably want someone with more offensive polish. Jajuan Johnson seems like a decent fit in that case. He blocks shots & can run the floor & finish. Not a great rebounder though.

STAT1

Starter
Alan Hahn just tweeted that NYK worked out Javaris Crittendon and Bonzi Wells in a free agent mini-camp. Wouldn't mind seeing them rounding out our bench.

Yes to Javaris Crittenton, he can push the uptempo & he's big enough to guard most 2G's. Always intrigued me as a potential player to target. Hopefully he's grown up some since his episode with Arenas in Washington.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
The most important off season move is sacking no D`Toni. If we don`t then it won`t matter who we sign, trade or draft. We will be in the same position next year. No d, no rebounding, no size, dreadful substitutions and no offensive plan.