Chris Paul or Phil Jackson?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
If you could only have one of the two, who would it be, Paul or Phil?

I'd go w the star player over the star coach because the game's played on the court, but to each his own.

I want to see where you guys stand.

Also, this might seem rhetorical to some but believe me it's not. There are many on the board who I think would choose the great coach.

Prove me wrong..

Last edited:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Jackson. CP3 is good but he won't teach Amare and Carmelo how to play defence. Phil could do that (at least he would have tried).

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...Chris Paul. You give us Chris Paul and any coach who's half decent and we're a finals bound team...you give us Phil Jackson and we're still lacking at the PG and SG and so on positions

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
...Chris Paul. You give us Chris Paul and any coach who's half decent and we're a finals bound team...you give us Phil Jackson and we're still lacking at the PG and SG and so on positions
Derrick Fisher isn't a great PG or anything.

If we had Jackson he'd known how to use the main scorer (Melo/Kobe) and the PF (STAT/Gasol).

Now, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm far from an expert on coaching, but Jackson has won championships with superstars, so, he hasn't been shown that he isn't good/great.

I question the need for a superstar PG for D'Antoni's system to work. Nash is arguably still he best offensive PG in the game, so you can't say D'Antoni knows what to do with superstar PGs, they could be doing all the work for him. If that's the case you might as well have had Nash be head coach and D'Antoni be the assistant.

I still want a good passing PG, Amar'e has shown to be a great pick and roll player so that'd be beneficial to our team and fun to watch. Chris Duhon anyone? jk of course. D'Antoni still misses him.

Let's at LEAST get a new coach first. A coach's salary does not go against the cap. This is why we can't wait a year. Everybody knows Nash, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, etc. doesn't need a certain system to still be great, so let's try to see what we can get with our two superstars plus a new center with a new head coach.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If you could only have one of the two, who would it be, Paul or Phil?

I'd go w the star player over the star coach because the game's played on the court, but to each his own.

I want to see where you guys stand.

Also, this might seem rhetorical to some but believe me it's not. There are many on the board who I think would choose the great coach.

Prove me wrong..

CP3. It's about 2000 times more realistic, but still, as a whole, not that realistic. :shrug:

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Jackson. CP3 is good but he won't teach Amare and Carmelo how to play defence. Phil could do that (at least he would have tried).

Alright, I'll say it..... Get the **** out?

Anyone who would pick a coach over the best BG (at least top 3) in the league should be shot.

**** man, I could coach this team with CP3, Melo, and Stat.

No one's stopping that shit.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;180785 said:
CP3. It's about 2000 times more realistic, but still, as a whole, not that realistic. :shrug:

Do want Paul because it's more likely to happen or because it makes more sense for our team?

You know what I'm getting at.. :smokin:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Do want Paul because it's more likely to happen or because it makes more sense for our team?

You know what I'm getting at.. :smokin:

Makes sense for any team to have CP3 @ the point. The guy's incredible.

It will never, ever, ever happen though.

friedduck

Rookie
Alright, I'll say it..... Get the **** out?

Anyone who would pick a coach over the best BG (at least top 3) in the league should be shot.

**** man, I could coach this team with CP3, Melo, and Stat.

No one's stopping that shit.

Stamp this post full of cosign.

Mongloids runnin wild here. smh yo.

Jackson don't do shit u can quantify n be quantifiable over Coach P that b worth ANYTHING u can even dream of matching the quantifiable, certifiable, emminment excellence of Chris KING Paul comin here n what he do for us.

DAMN fools be paranoid n deluded by their wild hatesex crush on our coach.

Yo cosign this op too for runnin a sting job on rootin out sum retardation n core delusionals too.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Stamp this post full of cosign.

Mongloids runnin wild here. smh yo.

Jackson don't do shit u can quantify n be quantifiable over Coach P that b worth ANYTHING u can even dream of matching the quantifiable, certifiable, emminment excellence of Chris KING Paul comin here n what he do for us.

DAMN fools be paranoid n deluded by their wild hatesex crush on our coach.

Yo cosign this op too for runnin a sting job on rootin out sum retardation n core delusionals too.

Good job quoting yourself there.

friedduck

Rookie
Crazy⑧s;180945 said:
Good job quoting yourself there.

Whachu smokin besides dick man? :smokin:

You couldn't even man up and answer op question w real talk and honesty. Pt is circus clowns be running around legit wanting some coach over cp f'ing 3 for the Knicks? Dayum....smmfh.

And u qualifying and running around deflecting from the core points. Like a circus master. But make no mistake, u still in a circus. :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Now u wanna try n deflect some more, after bein exposed like a hack politician..but yo diction sucks, its crazy, tho u are used to smokin dick..but it don't matter to me, son. the only confusion...it's your sexual-ity.